No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The poster is awesome, Geek. Well done! And yes, I shouted "You go,Geek!" and the bus driver gave us the weirdest look. Actually, I was getting funny looks off everyone because I was talking to "Scari" and "Spazzy" and "Geek". They must have thought there was a strange (chopstick hat?) wearing cult on the bus!

Skydiver *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee* You're online!

Scari is lovely, generous, wonderful and fabulous. She gave me two types of jelly this weekend, both of which I'm ecstatic about. And in one case there's a very funny picture of me jumping round Spaz and Mini's room getting all hyper about a glass of blue jello and a bottle of gin. *cough* Let me correct that. I'm a totally sane and calm person who never gets tearful, emotional, hyperactive and I never, ever, ever launch myself into running tackle hugs onto Gateworld mods *cough*

Spazzy. I have no recollection of which GW member that boobs girl was. Care to enlighten us at all?

Strix, you were wonderful, lovely, cuddly, fabulous. I love you to bits.

ChopinGal, not a bit like I expected, but every bit as wonderful, if not more so. I'm so glad you got to win the tea with Amanda. You definitely deserved it.

Ambermoon, my crazy roommate. How's CarterBear doing? And I hope you've locked your credit card away in a safe somewhere! That little buster has had some serious working out this weekend!

Ladyjeep, ShimmeringStar, Bev, Rune, Kliggs, Tsax... everyone, OMG, I love all you guys. You just made my weekend complete.

There is something I wanted to add, just showing what a lovely, compassionate woman Amanda is. I was just bowled away by how genuine and lovely she is.

The question was about how open she was when talking about her own personal experiences, both positive and challenging and whether she ever realised, at the time or later, how much of an effect these would have on her fans.

Amanda replied saying that she had never thought about it at all at the time and that the stories of the fans continuously amaze her and she's completely inspired by them. She was talking about how this inspiration we get from her, this help and comfort we find in her sharing her stories is a two way thing, that in sharing our histories with her, she's inspired to continue, amazed by the strength and courage of her fans as well as the generousity they show.

She went on to talk about sisterhood and how women need to share their stories, need to be open about their pasts and their histories because their histories are all part of what makes them. She said that sharing our personal experiences is a way of empowering ourselves and fellow women. It's terrible that such things as miscarriage have become a taboo in our society today and only by sharing them can we help our fellow women to see that they are not alone and these things are things in which we should stand together.

Unfortunately, I've not phrased all that as eloquently as Amanda did, but I was just bowled over, as was a lot of the room. In fact, she got a large round of applause because the answer was inspiring, awesome, thought provoking and emotional and rang true for so many women in the room.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      OK. Until I can figure out the privacy details, what I've decided to do is post a 'smaller' version of the poster we presented to Amanda so that everyone can see generally what it looked like. It's impossible to get the impact of it no matter how large I post it as a JPG anyway I'm afraid (live, it was very large and every signature was clear - it's not the same virtually). But it'll at least give you a notion. Picture it 30 inches by 36 inches, it took two of us to hold it up (thank you Sky!! and Sky - who is the sweetest, loveliest person you could ever meet, by the way - she actually DID have to drag me out in front of Amanda by the arm! I was a real deer in headlights!)

Please also note ChopinGal's lovely poetic introduction at the top right...

Spoiler:
      Amazing!!! And to think, I'm on there somewhere!

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
      My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
      My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
      My Stargate Videos
      It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        The poster is awesome, Geek. Well done! And yes, I shouted "You go,Geek!" and the bus driver gave us the weirdest look. Actually, I was getting funny looks off everyone because I was talking to "Scari" and "Spazzy" and "Geek". They must have thought there was a strange (chopstick hat?) wearing cult on the bus!

Skydiver *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee* You're online!

Scari is lovely, generous, wonderful and fabulous. She gave me two types of jelly this weekend, both of which I'm ecstatic about. And in one case there's a very funny picture of me jumping round Spaz and Mini's room getting all hyper about a glass of blue jello and a bottle of gin. *cough* Let me correct that. I'm a totally sane and calm person who never gets tearful, emotional, hyperactive and I never, ever, ever launch myself into running tackle hugs onto Gateworld mods *cough*

Spazzy. I have no recollection of which GW member that boobs girl was. Care to enlighten us at all?

Strix, you were wonderful, lovely, cuddly, fabulous. I love you to bits.

ChopinGal, not a bit like I expected, but every bit as wonderful, if not more so. I'm so glad you got to win the tea with Amanda. You definitely deserved it.

Ambermoon, my crazy roommate. How's CarterBear doing? And I hope you've locked your credit card away in a safe somewhere! That little buster has had some serious working out this weekend!

Ladyjeep, ShimmeringStar, Bev, Rune, Kliggs, Tsax... everyone, OMG, I love all you guys. You just made my weekend complete.

There is something I wanted to add, just showing what a lovely, compassionate woman Amanda is. I was just bowled away by how genuine and lovely she is.

The question was about how open she was when talking about her own personal experiences, both positive and challenging and whether she ever realised, at the time or later, how much of an effect these would have on her fans.

Amanda replied saying that she had never thought about it at all at the time and that the stories of the fans continuously amaze her and she's completely inspired by them. She was talking about how this inspiration we get from her, this help and comfort we find in her sharing her stories is a two way thing, that in sharing our histories with her, she's inspired to continue, amazed by the strength and courage of her fans as well as the generousity they show.

She went on to talk about sisterhood and how women need to share their stories, need to be open about their pasts and their histories because their histories are all part of what makes them. She said that sharing our personal experiences is a way of empowering ourselves and fellow women. It's terrible that such things as miscarriage have become a taboo in our society today and only by sharing them can we help our fellow women to see that they are not alone and these things are things in which we should stand together.

Unfortunately, I've not phrased all that as eloquently as Amanda did, but I was just bowled over, as was a lot of the room. In fact, she got a large round of applause because the answer was inspiring, awesome, thought provoking and emotional and rang true for so many women in the room.

TJ, glad you finally got to post! LOL as you, my dear, were not quite what I expected either ... I think both of us were pleasantly surprised and delighted. There is a vulnerability to you and it made me want to be your mum at times. Very sweet and real. Hope I'm not embarrassing you. I enjoyed your wonder and awe at the whole event and also admired your courage in sharing some personal things with Amanda. She didn't disappoint you and also opened herself up to all of us. And your bringing the autograph book was a brilliant idea - it was fun for all of us.

I have a photo of you and the blue jello! Can I share here on Samanda?!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
          TJ, glad you finally got to post! LOL as you, my dear, were not quite what I expected either ... I think both of us were pleasantly surprised and delighted. There is a vulnerability to you and it made me want to be your mum at times. Very sweet and real. Hope I'm not embarrassing you. I enjoyed your wonder and awe at the whole event and also admired your courage in sharing some personal things with Amanda. She didn't disappoint you and also opened herself up to all of us. And your bringing the autograph book was a brilliant idea - it was fun for all of us.

I have a photo of you and the blue jello! Can I share here on Samanda?!
          It's a little embarrassing, but I'm glad you didn't all hate me and go "OMG, who's that freak!"

I can't remember who said it, it might have been you or strix, but it was said that certain personality traits can't be expressed through the written word and I think that is completely true. In some ways people were exactly as they are on here, there's no pretense, but at the same time, there is so much more to everyone and no-one is quite as you expect!

Yes, the sharing of personal stuff (Which I've already shared with the thread- I managed to post when I got home on Sunday night), was a point that Mini and I discussed. I told Amanda whilst she was hugging me because I was sure I'd chicken out if I didn't. Afterwards, Mini was just saying "That was the longest hug EVER. I thought 'OMG, Tracy isn't letting go' then realised that it was Amanda that wasn't letting go." Amanda just clung onto me the whole tim and just hugged and kissed me and held my hand and stuff. I was just so overwhelmed by it. All I wanted to do was share with her how she'd helped me. I didn't expect all this stuff in return. She was just lovely and amazing.

As for the little book, I've only filled about ten or twelve pages, so there's plenty of room for the NEXT con. I'm still so proud of all the signatures and lovely messages. So thank you everyone.

As for the picture, feel free to share it. I was just so happy about the jelly. And no fear, my poo hasn't turned green!
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            little correction

Spoiler:
            there is some au cameron i believe she said.

but yes, if at says it's a sam episode, i'll believe her and i'm looking forward to it
            So am I.

Spoiler:
            And maybe AU Mitchell will be more tolerable.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
              I thought she was supposed to be flying you over for tea, Sal. Did you forget??
              she was?

i was?

CRAP!!!!!!

though i do like green tea, with honey.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                Well I wanted to have clips from every season...but inevitably I focused on the latter seasons for two reasons...

2. I had the latter seasons available and more accessible on my computer in the right format whereas the earlier seasons were primarily only available to me on my DVDs.

1. The contest was about saving the show and should at least should have some elements from those seasons.

See, there were a LOT of great SG-1 moments in the last year and a half. That was never the problem. The problem was the execution of each episode in its entirety...that's where things fell through in many regards. And although I'm not a Mitchell fan, there have been moments...so I used those to show him in a more positive light. Same with Vala. I think she has potential but only if they surgically remove her from Daniel's hipbone.

Now because it's not a Sam video per se, I did my best to limit my Sam content and make it more of a team video...since that's the point to me of the show and the reason for its longevity.

That being said...see who I put first in the character list.

I'm glad you liked it and I'll let you know if I hear anything back from the contest.
                Ok, here's my guess on the video clips. Im sure I missed a ton as well as got many wrong, but...

Spoiler:

Children of the Gods
                200th
                Sam - Crusade, ?, ITLOD
                Seth
                Death Knell
                Teal'c - ?, Reckoning Pt. I, Children of the Gods
                Arthur's Mantle
                New Order Pt. 1
                Vala - Memento Mori, The Powers That Be, Prometheus Unbound
                Memento Mori
                The Powers That Be
                Jack - Paradise Lost, ?, Window of Opportunity
                New Order Pt 2
                Enemies
                Daniel - Absolute Power, Momento Mori, Reckoning I
                Crystal Skull
                Full Circle
                Mitchell - Ethon, Collateral Damage, Avalon Pt. 1
                Prototype
                ?
                Landry - ?
                Hammond - ?
                Fraiser - Heroes Pt. I
                Heroes Pt. II
                FIAD
                ?
                Camelot
                Ethon
                Crusade
                Meridian
                Lost City Pt. II
                Beachhead
                Need
                Paradise Lost
                The Powers That Be
                Avalon Pt. I
                Scourge
                Full Circle
                Origin
                Upgrades
                Avalon Pt. I
                Reckoning Pt. II
                Lost City Pt. II
                Counterstrike
                Origin
                Heroes Pt. II
                Beachhead
                Enemies
                Counterstrike
                Reckoning Pt. 2
                200th
                Prototype
                Exodus
                ?
                Pegasus Project

Comment

Warning: the following photo may contain adult content.
                  Translation: adults quite contented at the end of a fun weekend.

An Alternate Reality - Samandans Relaxing

Names will be withheld to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post

I've been trying to read the thread and catch up on what was said and what wasn't said. I knew that many of us would have the bases covered, so I didn't worry about it. But I'm surprised that very few have replied about AT's new project and her role in it - I guess it doesn't matter until it's completely off the ground, but I'm curious to see what it is.

She (and Thomasina Gibson) pretty much gave these clues:

1.) It's a sci-fi series
                    2.) She'll be an EP and most likely will star in it (though I think that was a definite, I'm not sure)
                    3.) The series is one of the reasons why her hair is longer
                    4.) Some aspect of it will take place at Bridge Studios, at some point

Now that she's made it kinda public, this will be a nice opportunity for all of us to keep our eyes peeled for any kinds of developments after Avalon, including imdb, the various casting sites, etc. We may not be able to find anything about it until everything is set in stone and she formally announces it, but it couldn't hurt if we're all aware of it...

a series? as in a SHOW???

and i REALLY hope she does get to be an EP, so she has some *power* to control things (no more 'coopering'). .

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post

Aww... Hey... fillet! fillet! fillet-o-fish fillet-o-fish fillet fillet fillet fillet fillet-o-fish fillet-o-fish fillet fillet fillet fillet fillet fillet fillet-o-fish fillet-o-fish fillet-o-fish fillet-o-fish fillet fillet fillet-o-fish fillet-o-fish fillet-o-fish fillet fillet!
                      Um, I can't quite hear how you are pronouncing that

Oh Strix, no one has ever called anything about me me "proper" before
                      Are you sure she's talking about you?

Hey! She said PROPER!
                      Again
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Sam: "Who the hell keeps taking all the blue jello from the commissary? Don't they know it's my favourite?"
                        Last edited by ChopinGal; 21 November 2006, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                          Warning: the following photo may contain adult content.
                          Translation: adults quite contented at the end of a fun weekend.
                          http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...don1106131.jpg
                          Hey, we all look remarkably awake in that one.
                          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                            So am I.

Spoiler:
                            And maybe AU Mitchell will be more tolerable.
                            Ha. Ha. Ha.

Right. Sure. Yeah.

Wanted to say a personal thanks to EVERYONE who's taken the time and effort to post all the pics and write all the messages from Gabit. Thanks *so* much you have no idea how great you are.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              Um, I can't quite hear how you are pronouncing that
                              as in "billet"

Are you sure she's talking about you?
                              me me me me me me me me me!

Again
                              grrrr
                              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                                Hey, we all look remarkably awake in that one.
                                Ya think?!!

Comment

Working...
                                X