Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
    What is that she's auctioning off? I've seen that in some other photos too
    Those are original drawings for the episode Entity.
    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post

Amanda and the guest from Hearing Dogs showing everyone the money we had raised.
      Would you look at that total!

See, AT didn't have to steal AmberMoon's credit card and run away with it, did she?

(was it Amber's she nicked? Oh boy, I'm still so high I can't think straight )
      scarimor

Comment

Amanda when she saw how much money they had raised for the charity event.

Amanda thanking everyone for all the support they had given to her over the years and for the money they had donated to the charity.

It was a extremely emotional closing ceremony.

I lost it as soon as they showed us the check and I continued to cry up until Amanda said her last good-bye. I wish I could post what Julia said to Amanda on behalf of all her fans, but I could never do her justice. Hopefully, they will post it up on the Gabit website, because it was simply beautiful and expressed perfectly how most of Amanda's fans feel about her.

Amanda and the guest from Hearing Dogs showing everyone the money we had raised.

I've had a few moments last night to upload some more photos of Amanda for anyone who wishes to check them out. Feel free to snag any of them. All I ask is if you do post them up on other websites, forums or ljs, that you give me credit. I'll try to add more when I get some free time. Unfortunately my husband and I are still traveling so my internet connection is sporatic at best. Although I have to admit it was very nice riding the train from London to Edinburgh last night and being able to log on to SaGC and read everyone's posts.

AT2 Photos
        Wow i feel very proud to be one of Amanda's fans and i truely wish i could have gone, she truely is an amazing lady.
        I can't find the right words to descibe how i feel reading these posts, only that i'm glad i'm a fan of Amanda and i have internet access to read and post on this wonderful thread, THANKYOU ONE AND ALL!!!
        ......TARA......

Comment

To those extremely lucky Samandas that had spent time with AT. Did AT mention anything about the DVD movie such as she will be be a major part of it? Thanks.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
            To those extremely lucky Samandas that had spent time with AT. Did AT mention anything about the DVD movie such as she will be be a major part of it? Thanks.
            She didn't talk about the content as such - I think she mentioned that work starts on the movies in March.
            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC View Post
              ...wonderful pics everyone!

I love that hat she's wearing. it's really cute.
              First of all, as many of you know ... I was not expecting to be in London at all this year ... no finances ... major transitions ... new life, new location, new job, yadda, yadda ... and then, miracle of miracles, a Fairy Godmother (who wishes to remain anonymous) flew into my life and GIFTED ME with this magical weekend with Amanda and my GW friends!!! How awesome is that, folks?! A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity from someone who could not go herself. Needless to say, may she live long and prosper and I will be forever in her debt. I booked a last-minute plane ticket and GABIT tickets and soon karma expanded and other beneficial moments opened up ... I got to attend the cocktail party and, unbelievably, WON THE TEA WITH AMANDA RAFFLE with three other lucky fans, including Bev!!

My Dinner with Andre, oops, My Tea with Amanda

Amanda kept the hat on for our tea (which turned into a round of French champagne instead - we polished off the pricey bottle of bubbly and didn't even get to the tea!). She told us that she came to the hotel that morning (Sunday) and stood in front of Julia (G4) and Thomasina and kept putting hat on and taking hat off, trying to get a group consensus of which way to go but I think she finally made up her own mind to go with the hat. It was a very neat look, chic ... I told her it reminded me of Charlie's Angels' Farrah Fawcett and she smiled.

The half-hour tea with Amanda was fabulous. She was as bubbly as the champagne, warm and quite interested in her fans' opinions. We all had something to contribute and she was eager to get feedback about her character and the show. But she was also interested in each one of us personally and showed that by her attention to what we had to say. It was like having lunch with a favorite girlfriend! Honestly! I can't speak for the others, but I was relaxed and savoring every blessed minute. The dainty tea sandwiches and sweets were delicious. We all got up and went over to a special table to pick whatever we wanted. I even went back for seconds! And how posh is it to have your own personal waiter popping the cork and pouring the champagne?! Amanda lifted her glass and we all clinked and toasted to her future success.

We had a group photo taken at the end by John (GABIT photographer extraordinaire) and Amanda really seemed reluctant to leave. I think she was enjoying this quiet break around a long and hectic public weekend. We got to follow her out of the tea room and she kept turning around and smiling. I was secretly pinching myself and showering karmic blessings on my fairy godmother thinking "it doesn't get much better than this"!

Once I can figure out how to best post my GABIT photos (photobucket account is misbehaving), I will share some cute piccies of my fellow Samandans at play! Lord, this crowd sure knows how to party hard ... the aforementioned posts about tsaxlady's stamina is right on the money!

The jet lag is slowly fading but I'm still in the clouds in many ways. From what I experienced this weekend - fellow fans, my Samandans, the hard-working GABIT staff and Amanda herself - I saw that kindness played a big part in the whole event. And, of course, the kindness and benevolence of my fairy godmother ...

Dreams really do come true. Hic comitas regit.

Peace, CG
              Last edited by ChopinGal; 21 November 2006, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                First of all, as many of you know ... I was not expecting to be in London at all this year ... no finances ... major transitions ... new life, new location, new job, yadda, yadda ... and then, miracle of miracles, a Fairy Godmother (who wishes to remain anonymous) flew into my life and GIFTED ME with this magical weekend with Amanda and my GW friends!!! How awesome is that, folks?! A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity from someone who could not go herself. Needless to say, may she live long and prosper and I will be forever in her debt. I booked a last-minute plane ticket and GABIT tickets and soon karma expanded and other beneficial moments opened up ... I got to attend the cocktail party and, unbelievably, WON THE TEA WITH AMANDA RAFFLE with three other lucky fans, including Bev!!

My Dinner with Andre, oops, My Tea with Amanda

Amanda kept the hat on for our tea (which turned into a round of French champagne instead - we polished off the pricey bottle of bubbly and didn't even get to the tea!). She told us that she came to the hotel that morning (Sunday) and stood in front of Julia (G4) and Thomasina and kept putting hat on and taking hat off, trying to get a group consensus of which way to go but I think she finally made up her own mind to go with the hat. It was a very neat look, chic ... I told her it reminded me of Charlie's Angels' Farrah Fawcett and she smiled.

The half-hour tea with Amanda was fabulous. She was as bubbly as the champagne, warm and quite interested in her fans' opinions. We all had something to contribute and she was eager to get feedback about her character and the show. But she was also interested in each one of us personally and showed that by her attention to what we had to say. It was like having lunch with a favorite girlfriend! Honestly! I can't speak for the others, but I was relaxed and savoring every blessed minute. The dainty tea sandwiches and sweets were delicious. We all got up and went over to a special table to pick whatever we wanted. I even went back for seconds! And how posh is it to have your own personal waiter popping the cork and pouring the champagne?! Amanda lifted her glass and we all clinked and toasted to her future success.

We had a group photo taken at the end by John (GABIT photographer extraordinaire) and Amanda really seemed reluctant to leave. I think she was enjoying this quiet break around a long and hectic public weekend. We got to follow her out of the tea room and she kept turning around and smiling. I was secretly pinching myself and showering karmic blessings on my fairy godmother thinking "it doesn't get much better than this"!

Once I can figure out how to best post my GABIT photos (photobucket account is misbehaving), I will share some cute piccies of my fellow Samandans at play! Lord, this crowd sure knows how to party hard ... the aforementioned posts about tsaxlady's stamina is right on the money!

The jet lag is slowly fading but I'm still in the clouds in many ways. From what I experienced this weekend - fellow fans, my Samandans, the hard-working GABIT staff and Amanda herself - I saw that kindness played a big part in the whole event. And, of course, the kindness and benevolence of my fairy godmother ...

Dreams really do come true. Hic comitas regit.

Peace, CG
                wow!! everything I read just makes me adore her more. the "tea" time sounded fantastic!

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                My Stargate Videos
                It's meant to be!

Comment

Amanda when she saw how much money they had raised for the charity event.

Amanda thanking everyone for all the support they had given to her over the years and for the money they had donated to the charity.

It was a extremely emotional closing ceremony.

I lost it as soon as they showed us the check and I continued to cry up until Amanda said her last good-bye. I wish I could post what Julia said to Amanda on behalf of all her fans, but I could never do her justice. Hopefully, they will post it up on the Gabit website, because it was simply beautiful and expressed perfectly how most of Amanda's fans feel about her.

I've had a few moments last night to upload some more photos of Amanda for anyone who wishes to check them out. Feel free to snag any of them. All I ask is if you do post them up on other websites, forums or ljs, that you give me credit. I'll try to add more when I get some free time. Unfortunately my husband and I are still traveling so my internet connection is sporatic at best. Although I have to admit it was very nice riding the train from London to Edinburgh last night and being able to log on to SaGC and read everyone's posts.

AT2 Photos

Kat, thanks for sharing some of the great shots you captured! It was so heartwarming to see Amanda like that - I think that moment when she saw the amount raised and also the moment when she realized that her own artwork was so valued by her fans just touched her immensely. She is so real, so genuine!

Enjoy the rest of your magical tour of the UK, ending with the penultimate event: Avalon!!!!!

Squee!!

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC View Post
                    wow!! everything I read just makes me adore her more. the "tea" time sounded fantastic!
                    I know ChopinGal did us proud
                    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                      I know ChopinGal did us proud
                      I managed to eat my sandwich and drink my champagne without spilling a drop! I think it's a first for me.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think a lot of us are just starting to come out of the clouds and process our experience but do know that what majorsal is talking about is very important to Amanda.

So ... here's the question again, Samandans. Do take time to answer honestly. I do believe that AT spends time on fan threads and values our support ...

If Sam Carter will be spending more time on Atlantis, what would you like to see? What role should Sam play? Commander of the Odyssey? Co-scientist with McKay? Fellow warrior with Teyla on a mission?

What would be your concerns about Sam moving over to Atlantis? Do you think she will fit in with the veteran cast? How will she contribute to the Atlantis arc?

Put your thinking caps on and be imaginative! If you were writing Atlantis and incorporating Sam ... where would you take her?!

Maybe Sky can play with this question with the other GW mods and create a poll/survey for all the many fanbases to weigh in on how they'd like to see Sam in Atlantis? Or whether they even want to see Sam go there? Will having Sam on Atlantis be a welcomed turn of events or not?!

Let's all play with this a bit. I think it's important to Amanda.

Peace, CG
                        Last edited by ChopinGal; 21 November 2006, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Amanda was amazing; I feel honored to have met her in person (I got a hug!), and I am so impressed with how generous and considerate she was to all the fans. It must be exhausting to be "on" all the time like that for two whole days, but she never let it show, even after confessing that she wasn't feeling well Sunday morning. If possible, I respect her even more now than I did before. I'm glad she knows that her fans love her... but how could we not? And now I believe that she genuinely loves us in return. Incredible.

It was so much fun to meet everyone in person. I was astonished at how well we got along... To me, if felt like we just "clicked." As my partner, Kate, pointed out, many of us have known each other for a fairly long time on this list, so it's not like we didn't have any shared history. But even so, meeting in person is very different from meeting over the internet. Some personality traits just can't be transfered in written word only, and yet we all seemed to hit it off anyway. I feel like I've made friendships that could last a very long time.

I think that it was Julia who said that Amanda's fans are a mirror of herself, and I have to agree with that to an extent. You all are amazing, and I am honored to have met you.

It was a weekend to remember; I had SO MUCH FUN. Given the chance, I would do it again in a heartbeat, all the while hoping that more of the wonderful folks on this list have a chance to attend, too.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                            I managed to eat my sandwich and drink my champagne without spilling a drop! I think it's a first for me.
                            Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                            edited: I know dipsofjazz did us proud

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Yeah, Bev, I was watching you and you were a very proper lady!

Still LOL though ... do you realize if you had brought your banjo and I my accordion we could have entertained Amanda!? Heck, now that she's officially sung in public, she could have jumped right in!

Enjoyed sharing that special time with you, dips!

Comment

Hey dips, where have you been?! Yep, I'm sure you were a great ambassador
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X