No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I've been working hard to match faces with names, and this is what I've come up with. (Please do not repost images elsewhere)

Spoiler:
    Minigeek

Kat,

Scarimor

CG

LadyJeep

Myblackrose

Shimmering Star

Sky

Spazz

Strix

TJ

Tsax (must be a pic of her pet )

Hehehe a little revenge for the teasing
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Spoiler:
      Upon whom were you getting revenge with that?

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
        Spoiler:
        Upon whom were you getting revenge with that?
        Spoiler:
        Upon mini and all those who were in on it sitting around the laptop, not sure how many, so I just included as many as I could
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Thanks, MandySG1!
          Spoiler:
          For the brief moment it takes for them to push the spoiler button, they will be sweating bullets. Good job! Of course, you had me going for a minute too, but I forgive you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
            Thanks, MandySG1!
            Spoiler:
            For the brief moment it takes for them to push the spoiler button, they will be sweating bullets. Good job! Of course, you had me going for a minute too, but I forgive you.
            I tell you, I was bricking it because I already told Mandy that some people didn't want to be identified!
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Thank you for all those great pictures and all the reports of the convention.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                Just a quick post this morning from the con hotel near Heathrow. Many of our GW friends are flying out this morning (((((Hugs to them))))) and I hope their flights and drives are safe ones. Many more who live local had to leave last night to get back to families and jobs. What's great is some are staying on for Avalon, so there will still be friendly faces in the hotel.

I can't say much more for now since as AmberMoon (on the PC next to me) can attest to my mind is failing me this morning. To keep myself entertained tomorrow on the 7-8 hour flight back (and the 3 hour layover at JFK) I'll handwrite some stuff and try to get my brain synapses to work again.....

But I will say it was wonderful to see Amanda again, she proves everytime I have seen here how wonderul and warm she is. And wittier than all get out! I hope that she is able to attain all the dreams she shared with us and look forward to AT3 if there is one. (Though I think the G4 will need to take a loooooong break after two big cons in a row!) Wish all of you could have been here both to experience the con AND to play in person with everyone.

((((((ALL)))))

thanks, shim.

what did amanda say her dreams were?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

i have a question...

was amanda able to bring olivia with her?

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

no. olivia stayed home. amanda said that so much of this week was working, that the little one stayed home.

and it was really tough on her since it's the first time she'd been away from olivia since she was born.

i did notice, the necklace that she's wearing? you can see it in some of the photos, it had olivia's name and birthdate engraved on it. and she did have her brag book. she didn't show it at our table, but did show it at one of the cocktail party tables
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                      Hey all, Strix here posting on Kat's computer... It's been a great weekend so far, but I'm disappointed that it's ending so soon. Jckfan, I successfully farmed out two of your questions, but I chickened out in asking any myself so you can thank Minigeek and Coley for asking them.

Minigeek asked if Amanda thought Sam would like to be a general, and Amanda said that she thought that Sam would not turn the honor down, but she'd really rather be "hands on" and keep going through the gate. She would rather be doing things than giving orders.

Coley asked the question about what script Amanda would like, romantic comedy, sci-fi, drama, etc. Amanda said she'd love to do a nice romantic comedy.

Amanda also mentioned that she loves working with David Hewlett (and his sister), and she would look forward to working with him again. She said he's very talented and a nice person. It sounds like she probably will be doing some eps of Atlantis next season because they are opting to exercise the extension on her contract in order to do that. She mentioned that she thinks that McKay is probably smarter than Sam, but not as wise.

She mentioned that she'd like to return to the stage eventually, perhaps after Olivia is a bit older. The stage in London would be ideal. The role she'd love to play is Eleanor of Aquitaine. I've probably botched the spelling on that...

One of her favorite movies is The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.

I'm sure we'll think of more things later....
                      Mega thanks Strix, Mini & Coley! My questions got asked! Extremely cool. I liked her answers too.
                      I think Sam is smarter *and* wiser than RM, though. I think AT'd be a great Eleanor & it would be a role she could really sink her teeth into.

(jckfan will have this silly grin on her face the rest of the day. She answered my questions! She answered my questions! )

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Okay, I've been working hard to match faces with names, and this is what I've come up with. (Please do not repost images elsewhere)

Spoiler:
                        Minigeek

Kat,

Scarimor

CG

LadyJeep

Myblackrose

Shimmering Star

Sky

Spazz

Strix

TJ

Tsax (must be a pic of her pet )

Hehehe a little revenge for the teasing
                        ROFL! Excellent!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        I think Sam is smarter *and* wiser than RM, though.
                        Yeah, of course. But AT couldn't very well say, my character is SO much better than his. Smarter and wiser... So she kindly gave him smart But you notice how many times Sam is mentioned on SGA? And how many times McKay is mentioned on SG-1.

I'm just saying...

Comment

Good morning Samanda!! Another scorcher for us Melbourne folk here today with a top of 36C (97F)...the sun is shining and the air con is already on...but life's good so I'm not complaining...today!!
                          Thanks be to everyone for the great posts and awesome pics...I had to view them on hubby's laptop as my screen is too dark to see them clearly...looks like you all were having a blast...that's great!!
                          Originally posted by Daivy View Post
                          Welcome to Samanda zinniasam !
                          Ditto from me too...welcome zinniasam...you'll find that Samanda is filled with wonderful people who absolutely adore AT and Sam Carter! It's a great place to visit!
                          Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                          She didn't mention anything, but I'm sure she will. She seems to genuinely love doing conventions and meeting her fans.
                          I do hope that she will eventually make it to Australia...I know it's far away but we love her too...I want so much to go to GABIT...but it's gonna take me a while to save for that kind of trip...I think I would be just as excited to meet some Samandans as I would in meeting Amanda...
                          Hahahaha...well done Mandy...great post!
                          Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                          I tell you, I was bricking it because I already told Mandy that some people didn't want to be identified!
                          ...paybacks a beach!
                          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          no. olivia stayed home. amanda said that so much of this week was working, that the little one stayed home.
                          and it was really tough on her since it's the first time she'd been away from olivia since she was born.
                          i did notice, the necklace that she's wearing? you can see it in some of the photos, it had olivia's name and birthdate engraved on it. and she did have her brag book. she didn't show it at our table, but did show it at one of the cocktail party tables
                          Well that's gotta be tuff...brag books are great aren't they? I have one of my kids too...but it desperately needs to be updated.!

Spoiler:
                          I remember the first time I had to leave my kids...Niki was 4 and Tom was just a few weeks old...actually they left me...I got really sick and couldn't move...so my mum inlaw took them for a bit...I don't think I could've done it for an extended period of time though...when my brother and his wife went to Germany some years ago, we looked after their 3 kids...they were 2, 4, & 6 years of age...the youngest ended up calling hubby and I, mummy and daddy (we never encouraged that...in fact we did the opposite...but he picked it up from our 2)...when my bro came home, the little one didn't quite know what was going on...he kept calling us mummy and daddy and didn't go to his parents...we had to leave quickly so they could all get re-aquainted...it just broke our hearts...which is why when my parents offered to take me only to Germany I said no...a decision I do not regret to this day...they're only babies for a short time!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          Mega thanks Strix, Mini & Coley! My questions got asked! Extremely cool. I liked her answers too.
                          I think Sam is smarter *and* wiser than RM, though. I think AT'd be a great Eleanor & it would be a role she could really sink her teeth into.
                          (jckfan will have this silly grin on her face the rest of the day. She answered my questions! She answered my questions! )
                          Crickey...how excited would you be if you actually asked them yourself...that's cool jckfan...and I agree...Sam is way smarter and wiser than Rodney...mind you...I do like the fella...it's just that I like Sam better...way, way, way better!!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

k, so let's play 'what if'...

so amanda's going to be on some atlantis eps next season (for atlantis). how many do you guys think, and more important, what will the writers do with sam carter on this show?

let me hear some of your ideas.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

More AT2 gushing (and I mean gushing!):
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=264&p=6018026

(warned ya!!!)

mini (the exhausted - but finally home!) geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                                Oh and tell us about her take on Chris in a thong!!!! Please?

Having a great time?
                                Okay I'm at the airport in LA waiting on my connection flight home - I've been reading the thread backwords so if someone has alrady talked about sorry for the repeat-

I asked Amanda about Chris's stunt - at first she looked at me with a very blank look on her face - it was not until I said something about Chris's dress that she all of a suddened went "ooh" smiled turned a little red in the face and then told how it was a scene from
                                Spoiler:
                                the final episode and something bad has just happened and she had this emottional scene to do. Chris had gotten the wardrobe department to make him a pair of taraway pants - he opened the door and then pulled his pants off leaving him standing in a thong with a big SG1 on it - everyone had a big laugh at the stunt - then she said she had a hard time filming the scene again because she never knew what the person coming through the door would look like.

The BCR song was "Saturday Night"
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X