Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
    Anybody home??

I guess I'll have to play with myself. I mean by myself.

*whistles stargate theme*

Sam sneaks up to the boulder and quickly looks left, then right, "Holy Hannah! Where the hec is everybody!"
    ...on holiday...well I was...now I'm all by lonesome...posting alone in Samanda...wishing someone was here to talk to...hmmmm....must get some coffee...and finish catching up!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
      http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l152/RepliCartertje/My%20own%20screencaps/Window%20of%20oppurtunity/DVD_038.jpg
      Looks like O'Neill was playing with my doohickeys again and that why GW was down

But I am back
      Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      you know jack and computers

match made in netu
      Doh!
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
        Sam: Jack I told you if you played with doohickies too much you'd break them.
        Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        What! More dookickies? What are you expecting a sequel
        Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
        Yes, please!
        How many times would we have to mention doohickeys to get a sequel?
        LOL!! I'm glad the doohickeys are still around...I've been telling my friends all about it on our weekend...hopefully it'll intrigue them enough to visit GW!!
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hey, you're not alone, I'm here! *raises hand and jumps up and down*

I explained the doohickies thing to my friend and it intrigued her enough to check out GW... Don't know if she registered or not though...

Well I need have no fear of trying to find Samandans and shippers at AT2... just follow the people talking about doohickies

Comment

Originally posted by aske View Post
            I got to meet AT last spring. She was so nice. She sat down next to me, slapped me on the arm, made some really weird remark about her brother and then totally fixed her attention on the one person at our table who had something really nice to say to her. The rest of us wore rather stunned expressions on our faces

She had apparently met everyone else I was with at other times (which impressed the heck out me that she remembered people she met for 10 seconds two years ago!!) so before she had to leave she made sure she knew where I was from. I've met a lot of 'professionals' and supposed 'high ranking' people in my life, but so far she's the only one who ever genuinly wanted to know something about each individual she met. I was impressed!
            Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
            It's true. She put everyone at ease and I really had to give her so much credit at Shore Leave for staying so late to do autographs and take the time to make each and every fan feel recognized and special. (And the megawatt smile was still going on even after hours!) It will be interesting to see how many of us she remembers from Shore Leave who've been blessed enough to have the chance to go to AT2. And since I got the hair all chopped off last Friday (10 inches long down to an inch or two)... it'll be interesting to see if she remembers me... 'course the Dimples of Doom give me away...
            I hope that sometime in the near future I get the chance to meet Amanda! She's just totally awesome!
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by myblackrose View Post
              Hey, you're not alone, I'm here! *raises hand and jumps up and down*

I explained the doohickies thing to my friend and it intrigued her enough to check out GW... Don't know if she registered or not though...

Well I need have no fear of trying to find Samandans and shippers at AT2... just follow the people talking about doohickies
              Wish I could be there too...if at least to meet fellow Samandans...I'm not sure what would make me more nervous...meeting Amanda or meeting other Gw'ers...seriously...I've thought about this a lot...I'd love to meet other GW'ers...I don't know anyone who posts here...personally that is to say!!

Gotta go...hubby wants to sleep and I have dishes to do...night night Samanda...take care everyone and be safe!!
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

We were discussing that same thing on the shipper thread over the weekend. It bugged me too, but I think I'm going with the theory that by the time she got the DHD dug out of the ice she already had mild hypothermia. Had she been thinking clearly, she'd have tried another address imediately. Of course, it was season one, too. She didn't have near the Gate travel experience that she has now. I'm sure she'd have dialed a different address if it happened in a later season, and that would stink because we'd have missed the real team building moments. I loved Sam's desperation to save her CO (see I can leave my shippy attitude out when I try), and Daniel and Teal'c's inability to give up the search for their team mates.
                Nikita and I were talking about it tonight...I was thinking that maybe she didn't think there was a problem with the address coz it seemed that the gate was not even powering up properly...maybe Sam thought it was the gate not the addy...I dunno...I guess the hypothermia theory kinda sounds logical too...ok...I'm tired...can't think anymore...I'm running on less than 5 hours sleep for the 5th day in a row...night all...sweet dreams!!
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
                  She could have dialed another address but certainly not Abydos. Daniel told them to bury it for a year remember!!!!!
                  oh yeah i forhot that..how could I! but still she could have dailed another one..i think she had to knew one, atleast that seems logical to me.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    This is one of my favorite shots of Amanda that shows off her natural beauty. This was from one of the DVD features where she was outside talking about how she likes to kayak etc, if I recall correctly.
                    My husband has commented that, when AT is 'glamored' up, he thinks she looks rather ordinary, like any other women who's had HOURS of professionals making her look attractive. He says it's when she's covered with mud and gunk in BDUs that you can really tell how attractive she is, because that's a LOT more difficult to pull off

Comment

We were discussing that same thing on the shipper thread over the weekend. It bugged me too, but I think I'm going with the theory that by the time she got the DHD dug out of the ice she already had mild hypothermia. Had she been thinking clearly, she'd have tried another address imediately. Of course, it was season one, too. She didn't have near the Gate travel experience that she has now. I'm sure she'd have dialed a different address if it happened in a later season, and that would stink because we'd have missed the real team building moments. I loved Sam's desperation to save her CO (see I can leave my shippy attitude out when I try), and Daniel and Teal'c's inability to give up the search for their team mates.
                      i think you also have to remember where they were in the series. the planets they'd been to were few and none of them had anything approaching the level of med care that jack needed.

i do think that not trying another addy was a bit blind,b ut when you consider that she was hurt too, cold, tired, stressed and clinging to the 'every planet only has one gate' i can see her making the determinatino that she did

the other planets taht they'd been to, the broca divide one, emancipation one, argos, all of them were warmer, yes, but primitive
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

just got this message when trying to get to stargatesg1.com:
                        stargatesg1.com

we're doing some website upgrades right now

When we get back, you'll be able to actually enter the Official Cast Members Profile Page Contest! You might also notice some other new features and fixes. Thanks for being patient.
                        five minitues before they were still online, but sounds good, let's see

EDIT: now there's only "Service Unavailable"

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          hey,another fic rec

http://sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/16/homecomingoff.php

shippy sam and jack tag to OTG

short and sweet
                          Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          short and ~sweet~ indeed... i think i pulled my 'sighing dreamily' muscle there.

sally
                          Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                          *sniff*

I love that kinda fic. In-character shippy goodness. Well done JJF!

mg

*blushes* Thanks. Believe it or not, that fic sprang almost fully formed into my head as I watched the episode for the first time... I was in the Army, and the first thing EVERYONE did upon getting home from anything (provided it wasn't a major on TV-type deployment) was make that phone call...

Really, a tribute to AT's acting, since the whole thing was inspired by:

Spoiler:

Where you can't help but see how exasperated she is with Cam's 'enthusiasm' and she just seems so much more professional and serious. It's not a game for her, and she's a bit disgusted that it is for him. I love that.

And thanks to Eve for the caps!!

Comment

the best fic are often those that spring into your head

i hope you write more jennifer. i love your sam and jack characterizations
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                              My husband has commented that, when AT is 'glamored' up, he thinks she looks rather ordinary, like any other women who's had HOURS of professionals making her look attractive. He says it's when she's covered with mud and gunk in BDUs that you can really tell how attractive she is, because that's a LOT more difficult to pull off
                              And waaaaaaay HOT!
                              scarimor

Comment

1. beautiful eyes
                                2. can cry on-cue, looks great even when crying
                                3. has an awesome smile
                                4. has actually been given some good one liners in the last 2 seasons

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

Working...
                                X