No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday Chelle and SamFan, I'm a bit late but I hope both you ladies had wonderful days .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Not being there tomorrow I wish a....

Very Happy Birthday to ForeverSG1!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
        Last call for voters!
        http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/
        There is a little over an hour left and we are only 430 ahead. If you can spare time to vote, it would be appreciated. I hope we can hold on to our lead and celebrate AT being #1 two months in a row...a nice thought, huh?
        the first thing i'd done when i got on the computer was to see if she'd won for august... SHE DID!

so there's a gift to amanda from her fans. it was either that, or a color pack of toothpicks (all we could afford ).

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Terrific news - two months in a row! The Queen rules! Kudos to all Samandans who had easy access and time to vote this time around.

Now I hope Amanda realizes that she is popular enough to go on Celebrity Duets or Dancing with the Stars. Wouldn't that be fun to watch?! My secret dream has been to see AT and RDA dance a tango, either as Sam and Jack or in real life. I'll just have to write a fanfic to make it come true, eh?
          jeez, woman, warn me before you throw out fantastic visuals like that at me!

*drools*

and thanks for that visual!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
            Wow...this is interesting...I have read a lot of fics and there are lots out there that are just great and there are lots out there that I just can't read...but I don't make a judgement on a fic because of who wrote it...half the time...no most of the time I don't even know who the author is...sorry...I'm not trying to be ignorant of the author...it's just the names don't ring any bells...sometimes...you know it took me ages to figure out who the heck you were...but then again...I was reading fics long before I came to GW...but I think that from now on I'll give feedback to the stories that really grab me...I would love to give feedback to all of them but if I did that I wouldn't have time to read as many!!
            Hmm, I agree, I don't believe I would ever feel I had to flatter someone in feedback for their fic just because I knew them even if I didn't think it was great.
            I've not read a lot of fic in comparison to some people, I've been pretty selective and only read ones that have either been recced here or that I have found through searches myself that sounded like they were the kind of story I wanted to read. As a reasult, nearly all the fic I have read have been very good quality. I guess I don't make a habit of leaving feedback for every fic I read, but when I do it is genuine. And if there's a particular fic I'm following because I know the person who wrote it, it doesn't automatically mean that that is the only reason I'm following it, I usually do genuinely enjoy the story and want to hear more!
            I wish I had the time to read a lot more fic, especially with all this talk of Samandan ficathons. I would probably read more stories if I had an easy way of printing off pages so that I didn't have to spend my online time reading chapters and chapters on the screen, which I find a bit hard (I used to be able to read the screen a lot better, I'm not sure how my eyes have changed so much in a few years but it really strains after a while.) But to print anything I have to go hook up my computer to the printer in another room, which is a pain.
            If there were to be a Samandan fic site, I would like to see it presented in a nice clear layout, good readable font (I like Verdana), and I guess depending on how much trouble it is perhaps make the frames/margins of the page so that it would fit on an A4 page when printed without getting cut off? If not it's not too much problem to c/p into Word, so that's only a very minor suggestion.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              Hey, hey, hey, hey, HEY!

I leave for a few hours and all the sudden my boobilage is the hot topic???

Geez. I can't turn my backs on any of y'all for a second.

turn your backs??????

sweetie, it ain't your back we was talking about
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Kat, hope you're having a really nice time away . We're missing you!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  turn your backs??????

sweetie, it ain't your back we was talking about
                  Fine.

My fronts.

My ever impressive FRONTS that're soooo impressive in fact that THEY are worth talking about for 20 posts. ROFL

Last edited by Uber; 01 September 2006, 03:11 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    From me or Oooooober?
                    Erm... Both.

And all of this front/back talk reminds me of an interview I read prior to S8 (Sci Fi Mag, I believe), where AT was describing the end of New Order, Part II. She discussed the "risque" part of the episode, and basically said that there'd be no "back bits" or "front bits."

... I remember watching the end of New Order, and being slightly miffed. "Hey, I thought she said, 'No back bits!'" I said indignantly to my (younger) sister.

<--- idiot

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      Erm... Both.

And all of this front/back talk reminds me of an interview I read prior to S8 (Sci Fi Mag, I believe), where AT was describing the end of New Order, Part II. She discussed the "risque" part of the episode, and basically said that there'd be no "back bits" or "front bits."

... I remember watching the end of New Order, and being slightly miffed. "Hey, I thought she said, 'No back bits!'" I said indignantly to my (younger) sister.

<--- idiot
                      No really low back bits.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                        No really low back bits.

NC
                        See... If she had said THAT, I wouldn't have had any questions when RepliCarter stepped outta the wall.

Comment

We're in the T&A thread!!!
                          scarimor

Comment

popping in to say'

Happy Birthday ForeverSG1
                            &
                            Happy Be-lated Amanda!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                              We're in the T&A thread!!!
                              Yay!