Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    We're kinda saying the same thing, I think. It is all about how you ask sensitive questions. But she does expect them...so a balance must be achieved.

So whereas it's important for her fans to know we're upset as to how things have played out so far, it's equally important for her to know that we love and support her regardless.
    Great points!

Everyone going to Shore Leave---have a wonderful time!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      i couldn't agree more with your post, and especially the bolded part.

sally
      See the way I figure it is that the leadership issue is a hot topic for her character...so it's almost a foregone conclusion that the topic is going to be raised by somebody.

I just hope that whoever raises it (and I'm not saying that it will be or has to be a Samandan or asking that it be so ) does it with the level of dignity and support of which Kat and Spaz and everyone else is speaking.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Off the topic can anyone tell me where to find a vid that is Sam video I think the person who made called it the Kmart song?? I just loved it and lost it during a hard drive crash?
        + = REAL SHIP NEEDED IN 10 + =

Comment

And now ... the Samandan Singing Nuns serenade 1speed4Sam on his birthday!!!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ingingNuns.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONE
          HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
          YOU'RE A JOLLY GOOD SPORT
          A LOYAL SAM FAN THROUGH AND THROUGH

WE ARE GLAD THAT YOU'RE HERE
          YOU BRING LOTS OF CHEER
          TO SO MANY FEMALES
          A MAN AND HIS BEER

YOU'RE SECURITY GUARD CREW
          ALONG WITH AD IT'S TRUE
          YOU'RE WITTY AND CLEVER
          AND A CELTIC GURU

WE WISH YOU MUCH JOY
          AS YOU RUN OFF TO THE STONES
          AND DANCE A CEILIDH
          JUST DON'T BREAK ANY BONES

ENJOY YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOUR SCOTTISH HOLIDAY!

Comment

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...feVest2Sam.jpg

Well, it wasn't my idea but the management thought this would be the perfect souvenir for Shore Leave attendees ... A whole bunch of Samandans are coming and the Inner Harbor will never be the same.
            This way, if they fall in the water, at least they'll float ...

Have a terrific time one and all, take pictures and bring back stories!

Comment

We got NUNS?!
              When the hell holy heaven did THAT happen?

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              And now ... the Samandan Singing Nuns serenade 1speed4Sam on his birthday!!!
              I'm sorry, where are my manners!

HAPPY BIRTYDAY 1SPEED!!

-
              Last edited by minigeek; 05 July 2006, 06:58 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                See, AT playing Uncomfortable Sam is always fun(ny) to watch, but in this case, I just think it was too damaging to a character that was already marginalized last season.

Anyone who was just watching the show at S9 would have thought that:

1.) Sam had some sort of sexual (or, at the very least, romantic) relationship with Orlin.

While they were trying to lean that way, the two never did more than walk in a park together. And he went glowy on her. And I believe Sam cared about him, of course. But that's as far as it got. Unfortunately, thanks to the writing, it seems like there was much more to "Ascension" than there was.

and

2.) There was a possibility that Sam still had feelings for Teen Orlin.

Instead of having her set them straight - therefore setting newcomers straight - they had her almost justify what she "had" with him. Her awkwardness, I think, could've easily been misconstrued as more than simple embarassment over past deeds. It could've been interpreted as embarassment over feelings she still had. The fact that they wrote Landry/Lam looking so smug over the prospects, and Sam being on the opposite side of the room looking/sounding almost sheepish was just ridiculous.

It was making a joke out of something that didn't happen, it was making false suggestions about a character and it was all for a cheap laugh. "See! He's a boy! And she was 'intimate' with him a few years ago! And he's back! Haha! Funny, eh?"

I'm just sick of them rewriting history/canon with sick humor.
                Thanks for the post. I really hadn't thought of it that way. I retract my previous comments. Too much damage was done to Sam in s9.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  We got NUNS?!

HAPPY BIRTYDAY 1SPEED!!

-
                  Well I may be close but I sure as hell heck ain't one of them

and yes Happy Birthday I Speed
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    We got NUNS?!

HAPPY BIRTYDAY 1SPEED!!

-
                    Well I was educated by nuns, does that count???

** Probably not, as I was thrown out of religion class for being a heretic. Sheesh all I did was ask WHY (well OK all the time though) **?

HAPPY BIRTYDAY 1SPEED!!
                    -

Comment

i made a request on the amanda voting thinger (tm) about someone making a sam vid of nothing but sam's greatest battle/fighting scenes. it would be neat if the music behind it was either classical or rock.

is it ready yet?

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

i made a request on the amanda voting thinger (tm) about someone making a sam vid of nothing but sam's greatest battle/fighting scenes. it would be neat if the music behind it was either classical or rock.

is it ready yet?

sally
                        there was one up there set to Pat Benatar's Hit Me With Your Best Shot but I can't find it, it was all about Sam fighting
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                          there was one up there set to Pat Benatar's Hit Me With Your Best Shot but I can't find it, it was all about Sam fighting
                          Is this it?

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                            Is this it?
                            ooh, that was good!

i hope someone makes another actionsam! vid (with more up-to-date images).

hurry, someone make this!!

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

ooh, that was good!

i hope someone makes another actionsam! vid (with more up-to-date images).

hurry, someone make this!!

sally
                              Yeah I was thinking the same thing. So what scenes would you want to see in it?

Sam doing some major @ss-kickin' in Emancipation.

Sam kicking the snot out of the guys in Prometheus.

Sam kicking the snot out of the guy in Endgame - with her hands tied behind her back no less!

Can we include Replicarter too? I really love the fight scene in Gemini.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Yeah I was thinking the same thing. So what scenes would you want to see in it?

Sam doing some major @ss-kickin' in Emancipation.

Sam kicking the snot out of the guys in Prometheus.

Sam kicking the snot out of the guy in Endgame - with her hands tied behind her back no less!

Can we include Replicarter too? I really love the fight scene in Gemini.
                                Don't forget The Otherside where she high kicks that dude in the war room
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X