Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    Oh if everyone is wondering why I'm talking about Ben leading SG1 - Just about every sci fi mag in this country has stated in one interview or another "Ben Browder Leading SG1 into Season 10" "Ben Browder Takes the Lead" etc!
    I don't take that kind of thing in magazines too seriously. Just remember that magazine articles and interviews are a means of advertisment as well as a way to give the fans information. Changes will be promoted as good and everyone involved will be excited and pleased about them.

I didn't read anything about Stargate in Season Six (or I did and I don't remember) but can anybody remember if any of the articles published while Season Six was first airing, before TPTB would have known that Michael Shanks was willing to return full-time, suggested that Jonas had been less than well received by some of the fans?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I just realized that with my last post that I hit 100

Joanne

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 61

Joanne
        Congrats Ancient 61 on your 100th post
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 61

Joanne
          Well done!

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Comment

Just a reminder that there are only two days left to vote for your Favorite AT Acting Scenes for Season 3 GW Forum Poll: Season 3 Episodes with your Favorite/Most Memorable AT Acting Scenes

GW Forum Poll: Best Actor in SG-1

July Celeeb Poll

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                And when it comes to these questions, at least the leadership issue is about Sam's career and not who's lips are the tastiest. Although we all know that the owner of said lips HAS to be Richard. Dean. Anderson. *big cheesy grin*
                Sweeeeeet!!!
                Great post MB!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

RepliCartertje I love that wall/screensaver of Sam. It reminds me of the many faces of her. One day I might break down and make one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

(snip)

She expects these questions and it gives her insight into what her fans are thinking.
                    i couldn't agree more with your post, and especially the bolded part.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

I love this thread!! I get up in the morning take the kids to school then plonk down in front of the computer with a nice hot cup of coffee and have an absolute blast of a time reading your posts...thanks guys for starting my day off right!! I can't stay long cos I have to start work early and I'm not gonna finish til late. So..I'm not gonna be able to come back on tonite either . I have to take Niki to dance classes and hubby is finally coming back home so I want to spend a bit of time with him before Stargate comes back on tonite! Hopefully (fingers crossed!!) I'll be back tomorrow. I hope I don't suffer withdrawal symptoms...can't go long without a good dose of GW!!
                      So...have fun posting and keep voting for Amanda!!
                      Welcome all the newbies and congrats to those who have reached milestones!! Well done guys!!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                        Just a reminder that there are only two days left to vote for your Favorite AT Acting Scenes for Season 3 GW Forum Poll: Season 3 Episodes with your Favorite/Most Memorable AT Acting Scenes

GW Forum Poll: Best Actor in SG-1

July Celeeb Poll

Too bad you can vote every five minutes on this poll.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

yes, another one of my 'issues' with s9. (rewriting history )

if someone wants to ask amanda about this, so ahead!

sally

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          See, AT playing Uncomfortable Sam is always fun(ny) to watch, but in this case, I just think it was too damaging to a character that was already marginalized last season.

Anyone who was just watching the show at S9 would have thought that:

1.) Sam had some sort of sexual (or, at the very least, romantic) relationship with Orlin.

While they were trying to lean that way, the two never did more than walk in a park together. And he went glowy on her. And I believe Sam cared about him, of course. But that's as far as it got. Unfortunately, thanks to the writing, it seems like there was much more to "Ascension" than there was.

and

2.) There was a possibility that Sam still had feelings for Teen Orlin.

Instead of having her set them straight - therefore setting newcomers straight - they had her almost justify what she "had" with him. Her awkwardness, I think, could've easily been misconstrued as more than simple embarassment over past deeds. It could've been interpreted as embarassment over feelings she still had. The fact that they wrote Landry/Lam looking so smug over the prospects, and Sam being on the opposite side of the room looking/sounding almost sheepish was just ridiculous.

It was making a joke out of something that didn't happen, it was making false suggestions about a character and it was all for a cheap laugh. "See! He's a boy! And she was 'intimate' with him a few years ago! And he's back! Haha! Funny, eh?"

I'm just sick of them rewriting history/canon with sick humor.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Well I'm off for Burbank and then it's off to Baltimore in the morning but before I leave I read a review of the S8 slimline DVD set over on spoilergate today and one line of the review stuck out and for those of you that don't read over there I thought I would share this -

Dr. Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping), probably
                            the most trigger-happy astrophysicist and certainly the hottest 40
                            year-old ever
                            , is still conflicted over being attracted to Colonel
                            O'Neill and not wanting to complicate their work relationship.

Emphasis mine - you can read the rest of the review at http://www.moviefreak.com/artman/pub...tesg1_s8.shtml but it is your typical review - thanks to morjana over on Spoilergate for posting the review

With that I'm out of here -
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                              I agree that the attempt at humour was gagatrocious, but I don't agree that history was re-written. For one thing, people can be emotionally intimate -- in an 'adult' way -- without having done any deeds. For another thing, we have no idea what transpired between Carter & Orlin in the 9 days between the "you like me" park scene and Simmons' alien-snatching op. IMO, it seems more likely than not that those crazy kids had some something-something during that time. MMV.
                              amanda said in an interview -that had been done sometime after 'ascension', but well before season 9) that her and orlin did NOT have sex.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

regarding ascension and forth horseman 1&2;

i don't think that sam and orlin were "intimate" in a sexual way in ascension. i never got any indication that it was like that. yes he loved her, and yes she was "fond" of him, but i never got the impression that it was physical. at least not on her side. she treated him very delicately, and she looked at him as though he were just an innocent being, like a child or a puppy or something. i do think that she became very close to him during the time that she had spent with him, but it was like she appreciated how purely and innocently he saw everything on earth, while also being very flattered and almost embarrassed by how he saw her.

sam has never believed herself to be this pure and perfect being who is without fault, and whenever people around her try to imply or show that they see her this way it tends to make her very uncomfortable.

and when, in 4th horseman
                                Spoiler:

TPTB tried to imply that her relationship with orlin was sexual, by having landry and lam crack a joke and sam saying he didn't look like that, rather than; it wasn't like that, i felt that they actually cheapened the relationship that she did have with him. it was somewhat (probably unintensionally) mature of TPTB to have their original relationship be about the spiritual rather than the physical, and then they had to go and tarnish it by making a cheap joke about it. why sam couldn't make it clear to them that the relationship wasn't "intimate" in that way and that orlin didn't look like that, can only be explained for me by bad writing for the sake of a stupid cheap joke.

besides which, they would have had photographs of the original orlin on file. they would have known, and even though they are new characters, it just seemed very much out of character for them to say and imply something in such a juvinille way. also even if sam had been involved in a physical relationship with orlin, does anyone really think she'd put it in the report? i don't. i think she would have said it was an intimate relationship only if she were going to specify the non sexual nature of the intimacy. by saying it was a whole big glowy thing.

besides which, if she had gotten all horizontal with orlin that would have been a bit freaky, and i think sam would have freaked out a tad bit more when she found out she was still under surveillance.

i'm all in favour of stupid cheap jokes, i loved urgo, the other guys and avenger 2.0, but not if its at the sacrifice of previous (mostly good) episodes, and if its done in very poor taste.

thats all i can think of now besides the lack of trust that was shown to sam in ascension being the only fault i had with ascension.

i know a lot of people found orlin creepy and stalkery in a pete and narim sort of way, but i think he was just innocent and had no idea that watching someone like he was watching sam was wrong. he was ascended, they all do it! (bunch of perverts )

and thus ends another long rambly post by your (sometimes) friendly neighbourhood stargate barbie.

Comment

Working...
                                X