X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! I love the cap!

Congrats, Sky!

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    I second that! I'm still hoping, like we've just tossed around here, that she managed to survive the Ancients' beam and is still gonna make a return. AT really nailed that dual role.

And, now ...

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE LADY WHO OUT PACES US ALL ...
    SKYDIVER HAS TURNED OVER HER 11,100TH POST ... IMPRESSIVE!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...elThinking.jpg

"You gotta be kidding!"

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Yes, I'd also like to hear Amanda weigh in on how she has to take whatever is about to be dished out for Sam and somehow make peace with it (if it goes south). But I'd like to hear her backstory in the back booth of a pub on a ladies' night out! Coley, you can buy the first round of drinks! Astro, second. I'll pick up the rest of the tab!

Oh, and we can't forget to invite Teryl along. I'd love to hear the backstory she used once they handed her the swan-song script for Heroes.

Sorry, I had to run out of my apartment building in my pj's for a false fire alarm and just feeling a bit snarky.

jckfan, how can we get you to at least one Amanda con?!!
      Samandans and AT at a pub--I like it.
      My sister (who is rather understanding about my GW addiction ) teases me that I have a convention in my future. I never would have thought of attending a convention before meeting you guys here. I won't say never.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        Samandans and AT at a pub--I like it.
        i like the sound of that.

congrats sky on 11,000 posts

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          *sigh* I think I was channeling TPTB this morning

Spoiler:

I have a horrible feeling that Cameron acting the hewo and rescuing Sam will be used as an extraordinary act that gets him promotion.
          Spoiler:
          Heck, with all the times Sam has saved the world and been a hero, she should have about 4 stars on her shoulders. Geez, Cam getting promoted...that's laughable. He should be demoted for the crud he's pulled.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
            Spoiler:
            Heck, with all the times Sam has saved the world and been a hero, she should have about 4 stars on her shoulders. Geez, Cam getting promoted...that's laughable. He should be demoted for the crud he's pulled.
            I nominate you to be a new writer for the show.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              I agee with you tsaxlady, I'd love to see them squirm when asked (or told) about the leadership decisions being such a big mistake. Oh if someone could report about that
              I'd pay money to see that!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                I nominate you to be a new writer for the show.
                No, I nominate you! Maybe the Samandans should take over! We'd write some pretty awesome episodes. We have the ability to appreciate the characters for who they are, not turn them into whatever we need them to be for a particular episode. We understand that EACH character needs to be represented, not just the 'hero'(and I use that term loosely ) And apparently, we have more common sense than certain people in Vancouver.

Comment

No, I nominate you! Maybe the Samandans should take over! We'd write some pretty awesome episodes. We have the ability to appreciate the characters for who they are, not turn them into whatever we need them to be for a particular episode. We understand that EACH character needs to be represented, not just the 'hero'(and I use that term loosely ) And apparently, we have more common sense than certain people in Vancouver.
                  Spoiler:
                  In all seriousness, I think that there needs to be some consequences shown for Mitchell's actions. Even if a demotion to major is too harsh, I would like to see an episode where Mitchell messes up offworld and there is an investigation, which also examines his actions in Season Nine and recommends that he be removed from command.

Sam, Daniel and Teal'c can rally round and argue the case for him to be allowed to remain on SG-1.

Of course, I'll probably see a pig flying around my back garden singing the Irish national anthem in Greek before I see that episode.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    In all seriousness, I think that there needs to be some consequences shown for Mitchell's actions. Even if a demotion to major is too harsh, I would like to see an episode where Mitchell messes up offworld and there is an investigation, which also examines his actions in Season Nine and recommends that he be removed from command.

Sam, Daniel and Teal'c can rally round and argue the case for him to be allowed to remain on SG-1.

Of course, I'll probably see a pig flying around my back garden singing the Irish national anthem in Greek before I see that episode.
                    I just wonder if TPTB honestly think that Mitchell is a good leader-and if they feel they've actually treated SC/AT fairly. I mean, I really wonder what's going on in their heads. They can't be that far out of the loop that they don't know people are upset....can they?

Comment

I just wonder if TPTB honestly think that Mitchell is a good leader-and if they feel they've actually treated SC/AT fairly. I mean, I really wonder what's going on in their heads. They can't be that far out of the loop that they don't know people are upset....can they?
                      Well I hope they know that people are upset... it not they do not listen to there fans cause I have never seen so much negativisme about stargate than in season 9.
                      And I do not think TPTB think about themselfs that they have made a mistake. I really think they thought it was a good idea to make Mitchell the leader. and Sam the scientist. Cause that is what she is in season 9, the scientist nothing more nothing less. And I really don't like it

Comment

I'd love to hear her opinions about s8, s9, and what's coming in s10. But I'm sure that if any questions were to be asked about/of the leadership role, she would be very careful about what she could say.

More than likely, AT would say that's a writer's/producer/exec. question. Is it fair. No. Not in my opinion.

Comment

That's a good question. Is it possible that they've been taken in by their own propaganda?

They cannot have failed to notice the declining ratings - I don't know about you but I would be very worried about losing almost three hundred thousand viewers on average - but whether they recognize that their new direction and the way they have handled the new lead bear no small amount of responsibility for this decline is another question.

As far as treating Sam (I don't know about AT) fairly goes, I don't know if they have even considered the question. It has been pointed out that Amanda's brief absence needn't have led to Sam losing command and alternative storylines have been suggested.

Unless it was something Ben Browder or his agent insisted on as part of his contract, TPTB were in no way obligated to write Sam out of command to make way for Mitchell. They chose to do so, just as they chose not to allow the character to express any kind of discontent over losing a command that she had worked long and hard for. I cannot see how anyone could think that Sam has been treated fairly.

Comment

Spoiler:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../flyingpig.jpg

Erin Go Bragh and please pass the Spanakopita!

Comment

To be honest I don't think anyone should ask her anything about her opinions of leadership or season 9 and 10. We know her strong views on equality. We know she was looking forward to developing her SG1 leadership role in season 9 (from an interview she did after she announced her pregnancy and absence from the first 5 eps of season 9), but I really don't think she has the feedom to be totally honest with her responses. I think she will struggle with that. It isn't a place I would like to put her in anyway!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                                To be honest I don't think anyone should ask her anything about her opinions of leadership or season 9 and 10. We know her strong views on equality. We know she was looking forward to developing her SG1 leadership role in season 9 (from an interview she did after she announced her pregnancy and absence from the first 5 eps of season 9), but I really don't think she has the feedom to be totally honest with her responses. I think she will struggle with that. It isn't a place I would like to put her in anyway!!
                                That's true. The question should probably be put to the writers or producers.

Pity those going to the convention can't take a leaf out of Draco Malfoy's book and wear "Sam Carter: The TRUE Leader Of SG-1" badges or T-shirts or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X