No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did AT have any comments on the Monday marathon last night? I only caught one by CB.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
      Did AT have any comments on the Monday marathon last night? I only caught one by CB.
      They showed the same CB one about Citizen Joe twice and then the other two had no comments by anyone.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Alterans
        But how will Jack/Sam get away with a relationship with all the military restriction on relationships.
        If I understand the regs right, she can't be in his direct chain of command. And she isn't now. Landry is her commanding officer now. Am I right?

Comment

I do wonder what AT will do once Stargate SG-1 finally goes off the air. Will Sam transfer to Atlantis?
          sigpic
          She enjoys fresh decrepit-pegasus patties. 99% Lean pegasus burgers.

I have been reincarnated as Teyla's Gymnastic Dance Sticks! Whoot!

When I quote you, I will post my opinion in bold inside of the quote box. Deal with it.

Comment

I do wonder what AT will do once Stargate SG-1 finally goes off the air. Will Sam transfer to Atlantis?
            Actually, Amanda said in her Gateworld interview that she didn't think she'd be working full time on Stargate once Olivia starts school. I would assume that once the series ends (Assuming it ends prior to that point), Amanda might agree to the occasional guest spot, but probably wouldn't sign up full time.

But, it's only speculation. No-one can know for sure. Why not browse around Gateworld a bit, or through the thread? You might find that a lot of your questions are answered by other posters or in interviews.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I sincerely hope, that when SG1 does finally bow to the inevitable, Amanda Tapping will go on to bigger and better roles in either TV or the movies. Samantha Carter, as a character, as brilliant as she is, would pretty much render Rodney useless, if transferred to Atlantis. Just my opinion, as a loyal member of Samanda.
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

i have no doubt that she will get work quite easily with or without stargate. hopefully as both an actress and as a director. she's far too talented in both roles not to.

Comment

Originally posted by dmovies
                  If I understand the regs right, she can't be in his direct chain of command. And she isn't now. Landry is her commanding officer now. Am I right?
                  its...annoying. especially since i'm not sure how HWS is setup. but if ya really wanna know i can dig up my old regs post. ...just give me a minute....

edit: around this area http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=5146866&
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                  Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                    If I may be permitted a smidgenette of OT...

Just spoken to Coley - she says "Hi" to everybody.

At the moment she doesn't know when she'll be back on-line herself - broadband isn't available on the island yet, and she can't decide whether to wait until it is, or get the phone re-connected and go back onto dial-up. Watch this thread for further developments!!!

Her first day at her new job went well, although Hugo disgraced himself while she was out by raiding the fridge and helping himself to a whole block of cheese. He also got mayo all over the nice new carpet we spent hours fitting last week - guess we really should teach him how to use a knife so he can spread it properly in future...

Other than that, she seems to be getting on well with her neighbours; at least they don't seem to be building a Coley-shaped Wicker Woman just yet.
                    Yay! Tell Coley a great, "Hello, from the spazmeister," when you talk to her next, 1speed! Thanks for the update. I'm glad all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                      I sincerely hope, that when SG1 does finally bow to the inevitable, Amanda Tapping will go on to bigger and better roles in either TV or the movies. Samantha Carter, as a character, as brilliant as she is, would pretty much render Rodney useless, if transferred to Atlantis. Just my opinion, as a loyal member of Samanda.
                      Definitely. And where would the fun in that be? Plus, judging by AT's interview, she seems kinda... I don't wanna say "anti," but she seems relatively opposed to the idea of going to Atlantis full-time, but maybe she meant that as long as SG-1 is around, she'd like to be on SG-1. Hmmm... Definitely something to ask her at Shore Leave. Snog? Would you like to do the honors?

Comment

i have a funny feeling, just totally my impressions, that while she'll enjoy some guest spots, she's been working 14+ hour days for 10 years, has a daughter that's just getting to that fun time of walking and talking and is in the situation that work isn't mandatory, but something that you do

it's also possible that she knows that, in the hands of rob and the boys, Sam is stagnated and will no longer have any sort of growth...and for an actor, growth is the challenge that makes the job fun

and it hink that maybe she's thinking that it's time to move on, take some time off, enjoy life, enjoy her family

and i also think that, due to her fantastic rep, rda's friendship and 10 years of quality work, she's not gonna lack for offers...along with being able to ride the con circuit when the mood strikes her

I think she knows that she's not wanted on the show anymore. that she doesn't fit into the 'fun' show that coop and his friends want to make and she's ready to move on and is just waiting for a good jumping off point
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          i have a funny feeling, just totally my impressions, that while she'll enjoy some guest spots, she's been working 14+ hour days for 10 years, has a daughter that's just getting to that fun time of walking and talking and is in the situation that work isn't mandatory, but something that you do

it's also possible that she knows that, in the hands of rob and the boys, Sam is stagnated and will no longer have any sort of growth...and for an actor, growth is the challenge that makes the job fun

and it hink that maybe she's thinking that it's time to move on, take some time off, enjoy life, enjoy her family

and i also think that, due to her fantastic rep, rda's friendship and 10 years of quality work, she's not gonna lack for offers...along with being able to ride the con circuit when the mood strikes her

I think she knows that she's not wanted on the show anymore. that she doesn't fit into the 'fun' show that coop and his friends want to make and she's ready to move on and is just waiting for a good jumping off point
                          That is so sad, but I'm afraid there is truth to that statement, but at least when SG1 is cancelled it will still be showing in reruns all over the world, I know in my viewing area it shows about 19 times in one week Talk about residuals, that i don't think S9 or 10 will get, because they already stopped showing s9 reruns here
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

hi everyone....

about my best sam episode of season 5 - its hard to choose, i thought that some of the characters were out of character in ascension, although that is probably among the best (and perhaps only?) sam episode in season 5.

For me it's between Revelations and the fifth man. I have always had a really strong place in my heart for the fifth man. becase it was the first time i saw stargate sg1; i had seen the movie but did not know about the series. I first caught it because John DeLancie was on, and his scenes questioning sg1, especially sam in that episode is what got me hooked. I did love all of SG1 from that episode on but sam became my favourite because of the strength of character and leadership she showed (not to mention spunk).....And i loved Amanda and Sam from that moment on.

Its a really hard choice to decide which is my favourite, because sam had alot of great moments in season 5, such as the fifth man, 48 hours etc, but they rarely showcased her. So my choice as a sam episode is probably Revelations- because it does show alot about her emotional state of mind dealing with a loss of a dear friend, resistance to torture, i always liked her "way of the warrior crap" line and conversation with Teal'c, and last but not least, "Hologram Sam".

Comment

I sure wouldn't blame AT for leaving whenever she decides it's time. As much as I love Sam, AT deserves to move on to some new roles. I personally hope to see her in some tv movies--as the LEAD. (Despite her talent, tv actors usually find it hard to get lead roles in feature films.) If she did a few projects a year, that would give her time at home, but also a variety of parts to explore. Also as happy as I'd be for her to get some shots at directing, I selfishly want to see her in *front* of the camera.

Comment

There's a Brigader General Mary K. Hertog, the first one (that I know of) in the USAF. If this womans story is ever to be filmed, I'd love AT to play her.

http://www.af.mil/bios/bio.asp?bioID=7996

Comment

Working...
                                X