Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    Caption This:

Sam thinking: I wonder if the colonel thinks I'm hot in this outfit?
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      One of the things I love about Sam is that she's without question, incredibly intelligent and strong and compassionate...but also she's fallible.

She makes mondo mistakes just like the rest of us. She has areas of her life where she excels and other parts of her life where she, well, has issues...but through it all she doesn't grovel. She doesn't stew in the choices that she makes, good or bad.

That doesn't mean she doesn't second guess herself or that she doesn't acknowledge her mistakes or feel bad about them...but she does not allow herself the chance to wallow. She gets up, brushes herself off and endeavors to not make the same mistake again. She learns from her mistakes but doesn't dwell on them.

The first instance of her "messing up" has to be Solitudes. She was angry with herself for not getting Jack home. He was torn up physically and she felt like she let him down by not coming through. (Of course I always wondered why not try more than one address, but then that would have ended the story before it began).

I loved her anger and her passion. She was determined to get things to work out to the point of falling apart by over working herself. She knew there was a simple solution but at the same time was just too tired and worn out to think beyond the obvious.

What other examples can you think of Sam messing up and kicking herself? It's one of my favorite attributes of her character because it shows she's not perfect after all...but she is a heroine none the less because she doesn't allow herself to wallow in self pity.
      2010 - trusting the Aschen, not trusting Jack, and marrying Joe Faxon - big mistakes, all of them.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
        2010 - trusting the Aschen, not trusting Jack, and marrying Joe Faxon - big mistakes, all of them.
        Don't forget Pete
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
          But remember Kendra from Thor's Hammer? She'd been free of her Goa'uld for several years and yet was still quite able to use the healing devices.
          I thought that Kendra's symbiote was killed while it was still inside her.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
            I thought that Kendra's symbiote was killed while it was still inside her.
            it was killed by thor's hammer, not sure what that does.
            sigpic
            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              i haven't watched the ep in a while (and don't have it on tape ), but i think you're right about the genetic memory thinger. but, wouldn't it still have a personality? it did take over the ppl in the town at night, so something had to have been in there.

and that's the starting off point for sam's mind being messed up. i could see her 'seeing' memories of jolinar's, but mixed in with the bad goauld and it coming off as jolinar's memories and her/it being bad.

sally
              Yeah, even though it died pretty fast, she was "blended" with it for a little while. I think it would leave her with some bad memories. Jolinar wasn't evil and that was hard enough to deal with. I think they shrugged it off as just another day at the office. Sam might minimize it in the briefing w/ HAmmond, but she might tell Teal'c or Jonas how awful it was. I think they could be sworn to secrecy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                My bad. I completely forgot about her.
                Don't worry, I'm sure the writers have too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  I think they do, technically. Because if someone really insults you in a rep, Sky and the guys can get in and remove it, I think. Same with big control panel warping pictures, Sammo
                  we can remove remarks...but only if hte person wants us to.

we don't police the rep points. and if some reds ya and leaves no comment or nothing against the rules...too bad so sad

but if htey put a nasty message in there, we can remove the message
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

ok, kids, i have a rockin 7 votes for three episodes

and that's it.

so vote, vote, vote, vote!!!!

don't forget to vote for the best sam eps of s3

and just a reminder, only votes that are pm'd or e-mailed to me count

sigpic

Comment

***Beware of of possible S10 story ideas below***

Okay there is talk about doing a ... what if or time travel episode ... If you were the writers what would you like to see?

I like the idea of the what if story ... What if JAcob and Janet are still alive. How would that change the Sg-1 we know now. Sam would not have left for the R&D job to help Cassie. She is the sole leader of SG-1. Mitchell is learning the ropes from Sam, Teal'c and Daniel and is becoming a good team member. He has never been considered for the leadership position. Jack is an ambassador for several allies included the asgard. He is also semi retired (since he hates all paperwork he declined the washington job) so he still lives in Colorado Springs. We still see him from time to time. Daniel, Teal'c, and Janet mention him often (they have been friends for years) and Sam refers to him the most since they are now dating. Hey this is my what if story...

The Ori and the wraith are now in our galaxy. They are keeping one another very busy while our favorite team works to rid the galaxy of both nemesis.
                      Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 18 April 2006, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan

Okay there is talk about doing a ... what if or time travel episode ... If you were the writers what would you like to see?

I like the idea of the what if story ... What if JAcob and Janet are still alive. How would that change the Sg-1 we know now. Sam would not have left for the R&D job to help Cassie. She is the sole leader of SG-1. Mitchell is learning the ropes from Sam, Teal'c and Daniel and is becoming a good team member. He has never been considered for the leadership position. Jack is an ambassador for several allies included the asgard. He is also semi retired (since he hates all paperwork he declined the washington job) so he still lives in Colorado Springs. We still see him from time to time. Daniel, Teal'c, and Janet mention him often and Sam refers to him the most since they are now dating. Hey this is my what if story...

The Ori and the wraith are now in our galaxy. They are keeping one another very busy while our favorite team works to rid the galaxy of both nemesis.
                        sounds good to me

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          Yeah, even though it died pretty fast, she was "blended" with it for a little while. I think it would leave her with some bad memories. Jolinar wasn't evil and that was hard enough to deal with. I think they shrugged it off as just another day at the office. Sam might minimize it in the briefing w/ HAmmond, but she might tell Teal'c or Jonas how awful it was. I think they could be sworn to secrecy.
                          not just sam having some memories of the goauld, but she didn't know that the antidote would work until it did...so for a period of time she had to have doubts...and wonder if it was for real and permnant

sigpic

Comment

I like the idea of the what if story ... What if JAcob and Janet are still alive. How would that change the Sg-1 we know now. Sam would not have left for the R&D job to help Cassie. She is the sole leader of SG-1. Mitchell is learning the ropes from Sam, Teal'c and Daniel and is becoming a good team member. He has never been considered for the leadership position. Jack is an ambassador for several allies included the asgard. He is also semi retired (since he hates all paperwork he declined the washington job) so he still lives in Colorado Springs. We still see him from time to time. Daniel, Teal'c, and Janet mention him often and Sam refers to him the most since they are now dating. Hey this is my what if story...

If it's not an episode, I would love to read a fanfic. It sounds much better than the Stargate universe of Season Nine and time travel is always fun.

Unless of course you get stuck in ancient Egypt.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                              If it's not an episode, I would love to read a fanfic. It sounds much better than the Stargate universe of Season Nine and time travel is always fun.

Unless of course you get stuck in ancient Egypt.

Thanks. I enjoy time travel episodes as well. Now the writers just have to figure out how they go back to change two separate events without getting stuck in a time before indoor plumbing.

Comment

Thanks. I enjoy time travel episodes as well. Now the writers just have to figure out how they go back to change two separate events without getting stuck in a time before indoor plumbing.
                                Or get them stuck with a newbie leading SG1 instead of the rightful leader, see Mobeus did it get it wrong, it wasn't close enough
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X