Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Simh if we go by your sig, then the answer is he's failing the test miserably
    Hmm...

A telephone in the night – shattering the calm before the dawn as thoroughly as a naquadria bomb at a Langarran League of Nations meeting.

‘Lord Bulwer Lytton would be proud,’ she thought, dragging herself toward the offending object as it continued its offensive noise. Behind her, on the other side of the bed, the other occupant let go of her with a heavy, sleepy reluctance, and offered a very small, very profane comment in a tone best described as a whimper, before she heard the soft floomph of a pillow being pulled over a head.

‘House rules – your phone, you answer it,' she thought, rolling her eyes in the dark as she snagged the shrilling cell off the nightstand.

“Whaaat?” she groaned into the middle of another voice making comments that definitely didn’t equate to hello.

“ – the right number. It’s not Colonel Carter’s home number. This isn’t the Colorado Springs area code, and she shouldn’t have – “

“Doctor Lee, why the hell are you calling me at 0330?” she growled, falling back to the rucked bedclothes. “And then not even talking to me!”

Silence answered from the phone, an improbable combination of groan and snicker from the other side of the bed.

“I can tell you that.”

Worried and flustered from the phone, sleepily snide from the other side of the bed.

‘And I know exactly which explanation I actually want to hear,’ she thought.

“Dr. Lee?” she prompted.

“Colonel Carter? Is that you?”

“Nooooo, it’s grumpy Mrs. Counting-Sheep,” the voice from the other side of the bed suggested in tones acid enough to etch glass. “Who d’you expect to be awake and all happy about it at this time of night?”

“Yes, Dr. Lee. It’s Colonel Carter,” she said, with a snort. “What’s going on?”

“Well, uh, Walter gave us this number, and we didn’t know if it was yours and – “

“Dr. Lee. Chief Harriman never gave out a private phone number in his life. I don’t know where you got this number, but you’re talking to me now, and you’d better start making sense, or I’m going back to sleep. After I turn the cell phone off.”

“…the Colonel is cranky tonight…” from the other side of the bed.

Sam reached out blind and thumped the pillow-topped lump of covers gently, but making her intent unmistakable, too.

A snicker arose from the other side of the bed.

“Dr. Lee? Start talking,” Sam ordered.

And still he paused, clearing his throat.

“Well, I’m sorry to wake you up and all, Colonel, but I have bit of a situation here, and I’d really feel better if you’d come and take a look.”

“What situation, Dr. Lee?”

“Um, One of the new officers, on Colonel Reynolds’ VR remediation list?”

“I know the list. What about the officer?”

“Well, he’s a pilot, one of the F-302 pilots from Antarctica.“

“You’re calling me at 0330 to tell me we have a new officer from the battle over Antarctica on Colonel Reynolds’ VR Remediation list?”

“Yes… No! No – that’s not why I’m calling! He’s in the chair, and, um – “

“Um, what?”

“Um, he’s… um, he’s doing a Teal’c.”

“’Doing a Teal’c’? What does that mean?” Sam complained.

“…huge, dark and intimidating?” the voice from the other side of the bed suggested. “Wants a forehead tattoo. Soooo not US Air Force.”

“Is there someone else there with you, Colonel Carter?”

She made a face though no one involved in this multipart conversation could see it, including herself.

“If the question were any of your business, Dr. Lee, I might answer it. Now what do you mean by saying he’s doing a Teal’c?”

“Oh, um, sorry. I just thought – “

“Dr. Lee.”

“Um, sorry. It is 3:30 in the morning, you know.”

The huddle of covers on the other side of the bed quaked, violently, and began disassembling itself, comforter and blankets erupting here and there, as it informed her “…if you don’t yell at him soon, Carter, I’m gonna…”

“Dr. Lee!” she snapped in desperation, trying not to laugh out loud.

“What? Oh – well, Captain Mitchell’s interface with the VR chair is proving to be much more thorough than usual. Apparently, his physiological profile is extremely close to Dr. Jackson’s, and – “

“…bet they’re different right now…”

Sam snorted, thinking how much alcohol Sarah had let Daniel have before they poured him into bed for her. Dr. Gardner swore he didn’t get hangovers; The three relatively sober fourths of SG-1 wondered if she’d find out different, this time. Cassie had alternated between highly amused and high dudgeon that they’d do such a thing. Which visibly amused even Teal’c.

“Oh, yeah,” she chuckled, squeezing the hand that had decided to roost on her hip under the tumbled covers.

“Colonel Carter?”

“Go on, Dr. Lee,” she prompted, rubbing that warm hand, then lacing her fingers down through his.

“Well, like Teal’c in the first scenario of the training games, Captain Mitchell has, um, taken over the system, and he’s influencing the VR scenario. Um – strongly.”

“Is he in any danger?” Sam asked, grimacing as Dr. Lee’s words switched on an instant headache in her skull, and she remembered she was running on 1.5 hours of sleep here.

“Well, no, not like Teal’c. I mean, nobody’s been shooting at him, everything that comes up he gets out of - in the most ridiculous ways, actually - and he hasn’t died in the simulation, or anything."

“I sense a ‘but’,” Sam groaned, really not wanting to hear whatever was coming next, then sighing as the mattress shifted, and a warm hand slid up her shoulder to knead gently at the nape of her neck. The hand on her thigh came up and around to pull her gently back against another body, tucking her against his warmth and taking her with him as he leaned back into the pillows.

“Yeah – we can’t get him out of the chair. And things are getting… stranger… all the time in his scenario.”

“’Stranger,’” Sam echoed as a long arm hugged her close, eased her head to a broad shoulder.

“And stranger. Very, very strange. Please, Colonel Carter, we need you here – “

“…y’know, only I should get to whine at you like that…” that voice suggested against her free ear.

And she agreed silently, squeezing his hand.

“Dr. Lee, what happened with the auto disconnect? Surely your team has – “

“It didn’t work. Somehow – somebody forgot to initialize the system, and – “

“And that means it’s literally worthless, and you can’t disconnect the Captain remotely. He has to do it himself.”

Dr. Lee sighed in patent relief. “You see the situation. Thank God.”

“Well, no, I don’t. Not really. Have you inserted the disconnect messages into his VR simulation? Told him to disconnect?”

“Um, yes…”

“And why didn’t it work?”

“He just turns the messages into incidents in his scenario. He made the first one into some alien criminal from one of Dr. Jackson’s mission reports. The second one he turned into a communication device, and used it to send Dr. Jackson and the alien criminal to another galaxy. Then he turned the third one into an entire hostile alien race in that galaxy, and annoyed them into vowing to invade our galaxy.”

“Ambitious little bugger, isn’t he?” her bedmate suggested in her ear.

“Overachieving isn’t always a good thing,” Sam agreed.

“There is somebody there with you!” Dr. Lee exclaimed. “Colonel Carter, this is a classified matter – “

“Dr. Lee! My husband’s security clearance ranks mine.!”

“Your – uh – Colonel – uh – still Carter?”

“Yes, still Colonel Carter. Keep Captain Mitchell alive, Dr. Lee. I’ll be there… later today.”

“But – “

“No buts,” Jack snapped into the cell phone he’d abruptly appropriated. “Later, Bill.”

Dr. Lee’s squawked “General O’Neill!!!!” ended in a beep as the cell phone was summarily switched off.

‘At least he won’t hear me laughing,’ Sam thought, doing just that as Jack calmly tossed the thing off the bed, somewhere, to land with a little thump in the deeply padded carpet, and pulled her body back into the curve of his.

“And now, back to what we were doing before we were so rudely interrupted,” he grumbled, and settled his face comfortably into her hair. “Go back to sleep, Colonel Carter. That’s an order.”

“Yes, sir,” Sam chuckled, and closed her eyes.

Like that?
    ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
      This is a pro sam/at thread - perhaps you could post some pro sam comments and without linking them to vala? That would be nice!
      Ok, no offence Coley - but this isn't the anti s9/s10, anti-vala, anti-cam, anti-rcc thread either. So perhaps you could all post some pro sam comments without linking them to the anti-feelings?

And look, what Formerhost is doing is no worse than what majorsal does for example. Linking her Sam posts to Sam/Jack ship (Sal - I definitely do not mean any offence here! It's just an example!)
      I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't too thrilled by the way Formerhost's previous persona conducted herself. But if it's pro Sam, does it really matter that it's also pro Vala? The two (as much as some people seem to argue) are not mutually exclusive by any means. And like I said above, if you're wanting to stop people posting both pro Sam and pro Vala, maybe we should stop people posting both pro Sam and pro S/J ship. Or pro Sam and pro Sam leadership. Or pro Sam and pro Seasons 1-8.

I understand that s9/10 is abit of a hot topic at the moment, and that many people are not happy with the way things are going. However, there are two sides to that arguement. But we only really see one side represented here. I know that I personally have been skipping pages of posts because I simply can't be bothered reading any more anti s9/10/vala/mitchell opinions and I know for a fact other Samandan's have been too. It's kind of a dissapointment for me, since I used to be right into this thread. Back when, you know, it was about Sam rather than how much RCC hates Sam and how s9/10 is going to kill of the show

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        I understand that s9/10 is abit of a hot topic at the moment, and that many people are not happy with the way things are going. However, there are two sides to that arguement. But we only really see one side represented here. I know that I personally have been skipping pages of posts because I simply can't be bothered reading any more anti s9/10/vala/mitchell opinions and I know for a fact other Samandan's have been too. It's kind of a dissapointment for me, since I used to be right into this thread. Back when, you know, it was about Sam rather than how much RCC hates Sam and how s9/10 is going to kill of the show
        Yeah, I never thought I'd be agreeing with the True!Fan (*hugs* AD ), but it's definitely been a bit of a downer. Judging by the fact that no one really responded to my last post, I'm assumed that I was WAY off base. Whatever. That's cool. It wouldn't be the first time.

But it's interesting to know that people less vocal than myself are avoiding the thread these days.

Once again, it would seem that we're desperately needing to find some common ground in this thread. Or maybe not. I dunno. Does anyone have any other thoughts on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
          Hmm...

A telephone in the night – shattering the calm before the dawn as thoroughly as a naquadria bomb at a Langarran League of Nations meeting.
          [snip]

“And now, back to what we were doing before we were so rudely interrupted,” he grumbled, and settled his face comfortably into her hair. “Go back to sleep, Colonel Carter. That’s an order.”

Like that?
          Brava
          Yes I liked it very much
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hmm...
            SNIP
            Like that?
            Hell YES!!! Thank you, you just cheered me up!! Very good.
            -

Comment

i hear where you guys are comeiing from. and i know i'm one of the guilty parties

and if FH can play here and adhere to the spirit of the thread, it'd be fine

but many of her posts aren't about sam...and aren't really about sam and vala....they're about vala adn rcc and how great things will be...and then fools like me feed the troll. And that's what it is, trolling.

because i don't think she's here to celebrate sam, she's here to spread the vala love and i also think she's here because i am. She took personal offense to me months ago and i personally belive is here just to try and ruin things for me since i'm not a vala fan...and we can't have that now can we????

Yes, all of us do bring our own bits into this thread. and yes, sally - to keep using her as an example - does have her love of sam tied to her love of ship. And there are others here that have their love of sam tied to the sam/janet dynamic, or the non-ship dynamic

We do have our good days and our bad days, adn today was a bit of a bad day. Then i see folks doing thier best to get it back onto sam and what's great about her...and then someone comes in and (today it was very much FH) posts things - imho - deliberately meant to derail the thread, and it gets derailed.

I apologize for my part, and i will try to be better.

And if i thought she's honestly leave if i did, i would leave this thread. Because i honestly believe that one reason FH is here isn't to celebrate sam. She's here to preach vala and to punish me for not liking vala. and she's doing her best to take this thread with her.

As a matter of fact, if folks that that the trolling will stop if i leave just say so and i will. I'd rather the thread survive without me in it than to have it die because of someone with a personal grudge.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sim I love you like a fat kid loves cake right now!!! Please apply for a job there wouldya???

Hmm...

‘Lord Bulwer Lytton would be proud,’ she thought, dragging herself toward the offending object as it continued its offensive noise. Behind her, on the other side of the bed, the other occupant let go of her with a heavy, sleepy reluctance, and offered a very small, very profane comment in a tone best described as a whimper, before she heard the soft floomph of a pillow being pulled over a head.

‘House rules – your phone, you answer it,' she thought, rolling her eyes in the dark as she snagged the shrilling cell off the nightstand.

“Whaaat?” she groaned into the middle of another voice making comments that definitely didn’t equate to hello.

“ – the right number. It’s not Colonel Carter’s home number. This isn’t the Colorado Springs area code, and she shouldn’t have – “

“Doctor Lee, why the hell are you calling me at 0330?” she growled, falling back to the rucked bedclothes. “And then not even talking to me!”

Silence answered from the phone, an improbable combination of groan and snicker from the other side of the bed.

“I can tell you that.”

Worried and flustered from the phone, sleepily snide from the other side of the bed.

‘And I know exactly which explanation I actually want to hear,’ she thought.

“Dr. Lee?” she prompted.

“Colonel Carter? Is that you?”

“Nooooo, it’s grumpy Mrs. Counting-Sheep,” the voice from the other side of the bed suggested in tones acid enough to etch glass. “Who d’you expect to be awake and all happy about it at this time of night?”

“Yes, Dr. Lee. It’s Colonel Carter,” she said, with a snort. “What’s going on?”

“Well, uh, Walter gave us this number, and we didn’t know if it was yours and – “

“Dr. Lee. Chief Harriman never gave out a private phone number in his life. I don’t know where you got this number, but you’re talking to me now, and you’d better start making sense, or I’m going back to sleep. After I turn the cell phone off.”

“…the Colonel is cranky tonight…” from the other side of the bed.

Sam reached out blind and thumped the pillow-topped lump of covers gently, but making her intent unmistakable, too.

A snicker arose from the other side of the bed.

“Dr. Lee? Start talking,” Sam ordered.

And still he paused, clearing his throat.

“Well, I’m sorry to wake you up and all, Colonel, but I have bit of a situation here, and I’d really feel better if you’d come and take a look.”

“What situation, Dr. Lee?”

“Um, One of the new officers, on Colonel Reynolds’ VR remediation list?”

“I know the list. What about the officer?”

“Well, he’s a pilot, one of the F-302 pilots from Antarctica.“

“You’re calling me at 0330 to tell me we have a new officer from the battle over Antarctica on Colonel Reynolds’ VR Remediation list?”

“Yes… No! No – that’s not why I’m calling! He’s in the chair, and, um – “

“Um, what?”

“Um, he’s… um, he’s doing a Teal’c.”

“’Doing a Teal’c’? What does that mean?” Sam complained.

“…huge, dark and intimidating?” the voice from the other side of the bed suggested. “Wants a forehead tattoo. Soooo not US Air Force.”

“Is there someone else there with you, Colonel Carter?”

She made a face though no one involved in this multipart conversation could see it, including herself.

“If the question were any of your business, Dr. Lee, I might answer it. Now what do you mean by saying he’s doing a Teal’c?”

“Oh, um, sorry. I just thought – “

“Dr. Lee.”

“Um, sorry. It is 3:30 in the morning, you know.”

The huddle of covers on the other side of the bed quaked, violently, and began disassembling itself, comforter and blankets erupting here and there, as it informed her “…if you don’t yell at him soon, Carter, I’m gonna…”

“Dr. Lee!” she snapped in desperation, trying not to laugh out loud.

“What? Oh – well, Captain Mitchell’s interface with the VR chair is proving to be much more thorough than usual. Apparently, his physiological profile is extremely close to Dr. Jackson’s, and – “

“…bet they’re different right now…”

Sam snorted, thinking how much alcohol Sarah had let Daniel have before they poured him into bed for her. Dr. Gardner swore he didn’t get hangovers; The three relatively sober fourths of SG-1 wondered if she’d find out different, this time. Cassie had alternated between highly amused and high dudgeon that they’d do such a thing. Which visibly amused even Teal’c.

“Oh, yeah,” she chuckled, squeezing the hand that had decided to roost on her hip under the tumbled covers.

“Colonel Carter?”

“Go on, Dr. Lee,” she prompted, rubbing that warm hand, then lacing her fingers down through his.

“Well, like Teal’c in the first scenario of the training games, Captain Mitchell has, um, taken over the system, and he’s influencing the VR scenario. Um – strongly.”

“Is he in any danger?” Sam asked, grimacing as Dr. Lee’s words switched on an instant headache in her skull, and she remembered she was running on 1.5 hours of sleep here.

“Well, no, not like Teal’c. I mean, nobody’s been shooting at him, everything that comes up he gets out of - in the most ridiculous ways, actually - and he hasn’t died in the simulation, or anything."

“I sense a ‘but’,” Sam groaned, really not wanting to hear whatever was coming next, then sighing as the mattress shifted, and a warm hand slid up her shoulder to knead gently at the nape of her neck. The hand on her thigh came up and around to pull her gently back against another body, tucking her against his warmth and taking her with him as he leaned back into the pillows.

“Yeah – we can’t get him out of the chair. And things are getting… stranger… all the time in his scenario.”

“’Stranger,’” Sam echoed as a long arm hugged her close, eased her head to a broad shoulder.

“And stranger. Very, very strange. Please, Colonel Carter, we need you here – “

“…y’know, only I should get to whine at you like that…” that voice suggested against her free ear.

And she agreed silently, squeezing his hand.

“Dr. Lee, what happened with the auto disconnect? Surely your team has – “

“It didn’t work. Somehow – somebody forgot to initialize the system, and – “

“And that means it’s literally worthless, and you can’t disconnect the Captain remotely. He has to do it himself.”

Dr. Lee sighed in patent relief. “You see the situation. Thank God.”

“Well, no, I don’t. Not really. Have you inserted the disconnect messages into his VR simulation? Told him to disconnect?”

“Um, yes…”

“And why didn’t it work?”

“He just turns the messages into incidents in his scenario. He made the first one into some alien criminal from one of Dr. Jackson’s mission reports. The second one he turned into a communication device, and used it to send Dr. Jackson and the alien criminal to another galaxy. Then he turned the third one into an entire hostile alien race in that galaxy, and annoyed them into vowing to invade our galaxy.”

“Ambitious little bugger, isn’t he?” her bedmate suggested in her ear.

“Overachieving isn’t always a good thing,” Sam agreed.

“There is somebody there with you!” Dr. Lee exclaimed. “Colonel Carter, this is a classified matter – “

“Dr. Lee! My husband’s security clearance ranks mine.!”

“Your – uh – Colonel – uh – still Carter?”

“Yes, still Colonel Carter. Keep Captain Mitchell alive, Dr. Lee. I’ll be there… later today.”

“But – “

“No buts,” Jack snapped into the cell phone he’d abruptly appropriated. “Later, Bill.”

Dr. Lee’s squawked “General O’Neill!!!!” ended in a beep as the cell phone was summarily switched off.

‘At least he won’t hear me laughing,’ Sam thought, doing just that as Jack calmly tossed the thing off the bed, somewhere, to land with a little thump in the deeply padded carpet, and pulled her body back into the curve of his.

Like that?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  yes. waht made SG-1 a hit for 6 years wasn't sexy costumes, slinky characters or explosions

it was daniel asking sam if she was ok in jolinar's memories, the boys following her to hell to save her father, sam squeezing jack's hand when she killed hiim, the look on jack's face when he killed sam, jonas almost dying to keep his visions going, jack wiping away a tear when sam died, teal'c giving sam a hug in PL, teal'c knowing that sam would return in foothold, jack talking daniel down after need

THAT's what made the show great

not sex and bimbos and silliness and frat house humor
                  Darn. I can't green ya. But DITTO!

Comment

i hear where you guys are comeiing from. and i know i'm one of the guilty parties

but many of her posts aren't about sam...and aren't really about sam and vala....they're about vala adn rcc and how great things will be...and then fools like me feed the troll. And that's what it is, trolling.

because i don't think she's here to celebrate sam, she's here to spread the vala love and i also think she's here because i am. She took personal offense to me months ago and i personally belive is here just to try and ruin things for me since i'm not a vala fan...and we can't have that now can we????

Yes, all of us do bring our own bits into this thread. and yes, sally - to keep using her as an example - does have her love of sam tied to her love of ship. And there are others here that have their love of sam tied to the sam/janet dynamic, or the non-ship dynamic

We do have our good days and our bad days, adn today was a bit of a bad day. Then i see folks doing thier best to get it back onto sam and what's great about her...and then someone comes in and (today it was very much FH) posts things - imho - deliberately meant to derail the thread, and it gets derailed.

And if i thought she's honestly leave if i did, i would leave this thread. Because i honestly believe that one reason FH is here isn't to celebrate sam. She's here to preach vala and to punish me for not liking vala. and she's doing her best to take this thread with her.

As a matter of fact, if folks that that the trolling will stop if i leave just say so and i will. I'd rather the thread survive without me in it than to have it die because of someone with a personal grudge.
                    Sky you are an integral part of this thread, don't even think about leaving you'd be missed too much! Now that we know more of what is going on, we can choose to ignore posts that try to bring our thread down. We may just need a little reminder now and then
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      Yeah, I never thought I'd be agreeing with the True!Fan (*hugs* AD ), but it's definitely been a bit of a downer. Judging by the fact that no one really responded to my last post, I'm assumed that I was WAY off base. Whatever. That's cool. It wouldn't be the first time.

But it's interesting to know that people less vocal than myself are avoiding the thread these days.

Once again, it would seem that we're desperately needing to find some common ground in this thread. Or maybe not. I dunno. Does anyone have any other thoughts on that?
                      I agree with you. ok, actually, i don't. i hate season 9 and most of you know it. but i do agree with the whole HCR thing. and i know i've fed the negativity. it's darn hard to ignore that kind of stuff, especially in here. i feel targeted and it freaks me out. but i shall move. and if it means i have to quote every provocative post in here and move it to the anti-s9 thread, or the Sam/Vala thread (is that discussion or pro?), or the anti-s10 thread or whatever, i will. because quite honestly it bugs the hell out of me. it bugs me to see people preaching vala in a sam thread (in THE sam thread), and it bugs me that i respond to it when i know i shouldn't. so i hope we can all agree to leave this place sam/AT, or sam/AT in relation to sam/__, or sam/AT in relation to the show/TPTB/whatever. because this is samanda, and we're nice.

and i will honestly admit that i did indeed forget the samandan motto as i posted. which is why its in my sig now.
                      sigpic
                      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                        Ok Sky, I voted for ITLOD, because I felt it was an important defining moment for Sam's character. Not only did she get snaked and survived the death of the tokra, but it gave her the insight into what would be earth's most important allies. It also gave her special abilities that would be used in the future to save her team. The one where they got those nasty little bugs from Machello and Sam's blood saved those infected. She saved Cronus with the healing device...and many other things that added to the progression of her character.

I vote for ITLOD as well, and Mandysg1 gave the similar reasons that I have. I also wanted to vote for Secrets because that begins the Sam/Jacob relationship that I adored in the show, but I think the Jolinar event was incredibly important in terms of an important scifi story arc for Sam in the show. It leads to other important events that happen in the future for Sam (including affecting her relationship with her father).

Comment

leave...? you...? wha...SKY, NO! NO!...NO!

yeah, we got derailed. crashed pretty bad too. maybe we learned from it. i sure hope so. maybe we learned to take the stuff to the discussion threads and leave samanda about sam and HCR. if FH is here because of you, so what? we've all made enemies, (oooooh yeah.) whether for mistakes on our part or not. you're here because you love sam, and i for one do NOT want to see you go. FH, the last time(s?), was NOT here because she loved sam, she was here because of you, or because there are a lot (NOT ALL) of sam fans that don't like vala. she's the one that's in the wrong place. and the beauty of the internet is that we can put those discussions in the right place, and ignore them here.

in conclusion, sky, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT LEAVING. we love you!

you're still thinking about it, aren't you? bah.
                          sigpic
                          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Ok Sky stop with the crazy talk.

There's a couple of perspectives I can offer you here, hopefully it'll make you feel a bit better.

1. FH will never dominate this thread to that extent. The thread is full of wonderful people who love Sam Carter and Amanda Tapping. No matter if the conversation deviates for a few pages, it will always come back to that. Hic Comitas Regit is the underlying foundation of this thread born out of the attitude of it's members. Sky you were the foundation builder there and we all value your guidance and company in this wacky kingdom.

2. People like to expound on what's frustrating them. There's been a lot of venting lately.. but it's no one person's fault. Not even FH who admitedly is stirring the pot. It would be good if we can try to balance the negativity with positivity and on the whole that does happen. People rant, others say enough, the ranting ceases for a bit. And so it goes.

So, Sky don't leave. The very nature of this thread means that ultimately FH will fail. We are here for Sam Carter and Amanda Tapping and many of us exhibit the very characterstics we love so much in her. Kindness truly does reign here and Sky you are one of the ambassadors of that theorum. I'd be very very dissappointed if a little trolling drove you off.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                              leave...? you...? wha...SKY, NO! NO!...NO!

yeah, we got derailed. crashed pretty bad too. maybe we learned from it. i sure hope so. maybe we learned to take the stuff to the discussion threads and leave samanda about sam and HCR. if FH is here because of you, so what? we've all made enemies, (oooooh yeah.) whether for mistakes on our part or not. you're here because you love sam, and i for one do NOT want to see you go. FH, the last time(s?), was NOT here because she loved sam, she was here because of you, or because there are a lot (NOT ALL) of sam fans that don't like vala. she's the one that's in the wrong place. and the beauty of the internet is that we can put those discussions in the right place, and ignore them here.

in conclusion, sky, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT LEAVING. we love you!

you're still thinking about it, aren't you? bah.
                              Well I've already remedied the situation, I got my first try at the ignore list button, and it wasn't Sky on the list.
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

Just so we don't have another festival of negative posts regarding those who post negative thoughts, since I'm told that a bunch of negative posts on a subject or character or person(s) can add up to a perception of bashing that subject / character / person(s), and we wouldn't want to be perceived to bash the less than positive posters, would we? Or would we? (I dunno about that, myself, after some of the previous 'I hate it when it's so negative and it makes me not want to come here and this is my happy place and that ruins it for me' fests we've had hereabouts. Why didn't they constitute bashing, too?) At least I found the 'they must not want / like / understand / deserve the Sam character if they X, Y, and Z' posts to be more closely related to topic than the 'I'm going to talk about Vala regardless' posts. But, that's just me.

It's difficult - I personally cannot tolerate a diet of pure "sweetness and light," on any subject. Sugar does for my blood pressure, literally and figuratively. And, I've always found pessimism to be a much more sustainable viewpoint, since all the surprises are pleasant thereafter. But, again, that's just me.

Perhaps, when things seem to be going off topic, or, in a direction that individuals find uncomfortable, those individuals need to raise a finger / issue a direct and unambiguous "We're getting off-topic / negative-cumulating-to-bashing / saying too many bad things about Q / overdosing on the S/J-S/J-S/V-S/P-S/T-S/D-whatever-relationship-capsizes-your-boat" warning to the thread before things get "too bad" for those individuals to tolerate. Taking the thread to task after the fact certainly and demonstrably doesn't keep pages of those painful posts from having happened, and neither do notices and warnings whose very gentility and/or opacity allows those who have the bit in thier teeth to avoid the poster's meaning and intent. Those who find the nature of the discussion herein becoming uncomfortable for, any reason, may need to consider forthright and frank - which need not be rude, negative, mean, et cetera - mention of that fact before things become intolerably painful for them.

Therefore, please, allow me to beg those who dislike where the thread had ended up to take on the responsibility of saying "Hey - things are trending too much toward the _____, folks - could we knock back the XXXXX a notch, before we end up in _____?" before we find ourselves in the middle of _____ in the future? Please?

After all - those who are incurably negative, of whom I am one , are hardly qualified, from a logical standpoint, to estimate the negativity tolerance of those who don't "do" negativity, are we? We need to know we're causing discomfort before we cause pain.

Please?
                                ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X