Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    Sheesh--you scared me with that intro.
    After all the hubbub of late, I figured I'd go with a truly melodramatic intro and then be silly...just for fun.
    I think the MOT ITLOD debate is a sign that we really should do a "best AT" tournament next.
    But think of all that changed for Sam as a result of ITLOD. It's an all time favorite, sentimental favorite (as my first) and we've got Flanged!Sam. Sam with a snake in her fron. How cool is that????
    I've begun my season 3 review in preparation for the next vote. ( I already voted MOT). Into the fire has some great Sam moments--brave and resourceful. Makepeace respects her opinion & remember she's a mere captain at that point.
    But see what about Foothold? Woosy!Sam, Shooting!Sam, Snarky!Sam, Scientist!Sam...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      LOL I guess it does feel like a campaign, doesn't it???

Dang this is tough.

How much time do I have???
      tonight/tomorrow

i'll likely have time to announce the winner late tomorrow or tuesday at the latest
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        so, the thread 'has' split....

well, i guess it's better than us ripping into each other.

(((sky))) i know you're trying to do something positive, so i'll support you. heck, i'll support you no matter what.

sally
        hey, we're not splitting up

i'm just giviing us whingers somewhere to go whinge if we want.

and if we don't...then the thread dies
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
          good call! (stalker) oh GAWD, i spend it talking about dj! how depressing.
          Hey! Now I'm depressed!

Comment

After all the hubbub of late, I figured I'd go with a truly melodramatic intro and then be silly...just for fun.
            You really got me there for a second.
            But think of all that changed for Sam as a result of ITLOD. It's an all time favorite, sentimental favorite (as my first) and we've got Flanged!Sam. Sam with a snake in her fron. How cool is that????But see what about Foothold? Woosy!Sam, Shooting!Sam, Snarky!Sam, Scientist!Sam...
            Yes, but I still say Sam wasn't Sam most of the time in the episode. This is not to say I don't love ITLOD. Great acting by AT.
            And I haven't worked my way up to re-viewing Foothold (which is one of my all time favorites). I'm planning to do a thorough survey of Season 3--if I can get some pesky work done this week.

Comment

After countless hours of soul searching, I have come to a most difficult decision.

This didn't come easy...but now that the choice has been made, I feel at peace with it and feel I must share it with you all.

I've decided on A Matter of Time...because it truly is a Sam episode...one of the best with lots of character bits etc. It didn't have her as Soldier!Sam but still had her as most definitely and officer and a leader.

But then there's In the Line of Duty and those incredible moments with her as Jolinar standing up to the Ashrak. That was amazing too.

DOH.

Yea for A Matter of Time. Where SAM saves the day. Sam. Sam. Yea Sam!

(Okay, stopping now because I suddenly feel like a polititian. )

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                Yea for A Matter of Time. Where SAM saves the day. Sam. Sam. Yea Sam!

(Okay, stopping now because I suddenly feel like a polititian. )
                I'm sure we can count on an accurate vote count--no hanging chads in Samanda election central.

Comment

I'm sure we can count on an accurate vote count--no hanging chads in Samanda election central.
                  LOL!

That's why poor Sky had to announce that she's only accepting PMed votes. She doesn't want Samanada to suddenly turn into Florida!

Where I will be in less than 24 hours!

I'll miss everyone when I'm gone, but I can't wait. Two weeks in the sun, my cousin's car to drive around Jacksonville to see my friends, the pool, life will be Sweet!

Comment

After all the hubbub of late, I figured I'd go with a truly melodramatic intro and then be silly...just for fun. But think of all that changed for Sam as a result of ITLOD. It's an all time favorite, sentimental favorite (as my first) and we've got Flanged!Sam. Sam with a snake in her fron. How cool is that????But see what about Foothold? Woosy!Sam, Shooting!Sam, Snarky!Sam, Scientist!Sam...
                    Soooo many choices to make! As soon as I come into this thread I start second-guessing my vote...so many good Sam episodes, so few votes.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      Yeah. We really need to get her all posessed and gooldy again. That was way cool.
                      And it creates such cool story possibilities, and such potentials for all the characters in getting her un-Goa'ulded again, too. Could you imagine Jack, Daniel and Teal'c if Sam were snatched by a Goa'uld, but, then, when they found her, she wouldn't let them remove it because it had convinced her it was a Tok'ra queen, and she wanted to take the queen to the Tok'ra? (Well, Egeria had to have come from somewhere!) Much angst. Much disbelief. Much conflict... So many possibilities...
                      ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc

OT but bizarre: In regard to the Leo awards--as you may know, the Stargate shows got nominated for 15 awards last year (yeah AT for winning her third last year), but this year they were only nominated for 1 Leo. Well, according to the following Australian site, Brad Wright did not make any other nominations. They speculate this is so because they were too busy filming (but that doesn't make much sense). Go to:

http://www.gasbo.net/stargate/news.htm
                        i would say because season 9 didn't offer anything worth nominating?

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

but that's AMANDA. rewatch AMOT. look at how sam thinks, her attitudes and relationships. her leadership. intellegence. strength. you can vote for ITLOD when we do favorite AT eps. i will too.
                          *sigh*

do you know how long it took me to figure out AMOT was 'a matter of time'?

i kept remembering some goauld called 'mot'. or was it 'mott'?

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            i would say because season 9 didn't offer anything worth nominating?

sally

Perhaps, but I would have thought that David Hewlett would have been nominated for either Duet or Grace Under Pressure, for example? And TPTB talk about how sizzling season 9 was, so...

Anyway, sorry for the OT---it just seems weird.

If In the Line of Duty doesn't win, I'll demand a recount! Just kidding! Can't go wrong with any of the episodes mentioned. Sam Carter is simply a great character all around.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                              How's this for now?

yay! can you post this everyday?

i'm still having probs remembering what year it is, let alone the day and month

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

but the edge wasn't IN the episode!!!111! AMOT was a GREAT WONDERFUL FANTAZMARIFIC episode by itself. none of this long-arc stuff. bah. we don't need not stinking arcs.

A Matter of Time, A Matter of Time, A Matter of Time.
                                LOL!

But I just cannot get past that "ex-squeeze me, please, but did you ever actually encounter the word 'gravity' in your high school science classes, much less the theory? 'cause you're deep in the fiction part of 'science fiction' here, writer guys, not the science part" depiction of Newtonian gravity, let alone quantum gravity in that ep. It just makes me want to scream and head desk, every time I see it.

"Nooooooo - if the field is transmitted by the wormhole, there is no reason for the field to STOP SOMEWHERE on the other side of the wormhole! Nooooo!! It's not gravity, it's a plot device!!! It's not a black hole! It's a word-processor without Google access!!! Argh!!!!" :thump:

Like that.
                                ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X