Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    i think that's exactly what they're doing.

good for FH anyway, she can enjoy it all she wants...although it's doubtful that there'll be many folks left to talk to once all the sam fans, daniel fans, teal'c fans are driven away

but that's ok, they were no fun anyway
    Unless TPTB like the idea of producing a show with dismal ratings - Season Nine averaged 1.8 per episode, how much lower will it be when Sam fans, Daniel fans and Teal'c fans abandon the show in disgust? - the Vala Show will not be a long lived one.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      vala is freedom to them. she has no history, except what they wrote. they don't have to follow seasons pasts to write her. she can say whatever she (they) wants, and do whatever she (they) wants. they don't have to look up things on the internet to make sure what's coming out of her mouth is legit. they don't have to worry about 'fitting' her in (she doesn't. they don't want her to. easier to write.).

what writer wouldn't want to write for a 'no rules' character?

sally
      Umm I think that's what we did on the BJC you know the bad fic
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        I was watching Paradise Lost and something funny occured to me during one scene.
        Black= actual dialogue
        Red= added my own dialogue

Tokra (off screen): To whom am I speaking with
        Hammond: I'm General Hammond with me are Major Carter, Teal'c and Jonas Quinn
        Chevron Guy: Hey! I'm here too, what am I invisible? No one ever sees me around here.
        Chevron Guy *thinking*: Ignore me, will you?! Let's see how you like it when my hand slips and closes the iris just when you're coming back from your adventures.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

the gang wonder how long they should let walter search for his glasses before telling him where they are, the game is almost up as hammond tries to suppress a laugh.

Comment

but, but, but....there's no vala in those first eight seasons.

it MUST mean that the show isn't worth watching. After all, vala is the end all, be all and culmonation of the WHOLE universe!!!!!!!!!
            my GOD, how HAS the show survived for EIGHT YEARS without her?????????????? [sarcasm off]
            : Simha throttles the laughter down to rollicking snickers :

Why, it's survived very well, thank you.

:more snickers:

's Sky.
            ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              maybe the show will end at season 10, then 'stargate: command' will premier with mitchell and vala as their stars. the REAL sg1 (sam, jack, daniel, teal'c) can continue with movies.

sally
              works for me.

stick a fork in it, it's done
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                : Simha throttles the laughter down to rollicking snickers :

Why, it's survived very well, thank you.

:more snickers:

's Sky.
                Simh if we go by your sig, then the answer is he's failing the test miserably
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

ok,kids

those of you that haven't voted for hte best sam eps of s2,, WHY NOT?????

and those of you that have....why did you vote for what you voted for??

i'm not saying 'justify' it, i'm just asking, why? what made ________ episode the best one for sam for you?
                  Last edited by Skydiver; 15 April 2006, 06:07 PM.

sigpic

Comment

i know someone asked if rob cooper was still showrunning sg1... did anyone answer this?

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

ok,kids

i'm not saying 'justify' it, i'm just asking, why? what made ________ episode the best one for sam for you?
                      i'm very much torn between "In the line of duty" and "Secrets". there are other great ones, but i've narrowed it down to these 2.

Comment

ok,kids

I voted for Tok'ra, not sure whether part one or two. I was torn between those and In The Line of Duty, but went for Tok'ra because I'm a sucker for big angsty emotional scenes. Oh, and because my housemates told me to vote for that ep
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Ok Sky, I voted for ITLOD, because I felt it was an important defining moment for Sam's character. Not only did she get snaked and survived the death of the tokra, but it gave her the insight into what would be earth's most important allies. It also gave her special abilities that would be used in the future to save her team. The one where they got those nasty little bugs from Machello and Sam's blood saved those infected. She saved Cronus with the healing device...and many other things that added to the progression of her character.
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

see, i'm torn

i love itlod because of jolinar. because, not only did sam get her special abilities, but also, i think that's when it became 'real' to her. when she realized that they were playing for keeps and that it wasn't just all fun and games

i love secrets because of the sam/dad interaction. and sam facing the real price of her job, having to lie to her family

i love tok'ra because, not only did sam confront jolinar, she also did so with the implicit trust of her friends. they risked thier lives on her word

i love show and tell because, as much as it's a jack eps, sam kicks bootie in this one. hunts for and blows up a reetou

i love serpents song because, again, sam confronted jolinar

sigpic

Comment

see, i'm torn

i love itlod because of jolinar. because, not only did sam get her special abilities, but also, i think that's when it became 'real' to her. when she realized that they were playing for keeps and that it wasn't just all fun and games

i love secrets because of the sam/dad interaction. and sam facing the real price of her job, having to lie to her family

i love tok'ra because, not only did sam confront jolinar, she also did so with the implicit trust of her friends. they risked thier lives on her word

i love show and tell because, as much as it's a jack eps, sam kicks bootie in this one. hunts for and blows up a reetou

i love serpents song because, again, sam confronted jolinar
                              Ok Sky see if this helps, your at home sitting in your fav chair your all comfy and have your popcorn beside you. Your VCR or DVD player isn't working, you only have your regular tv and the remote isn't working . All these episodes will be playing at the same time but you can only choose 1 to watch because once you start on your popcorn and have your feet up you don't want to have to get up and change channels. So which one do you choose to watch?

Hope that helps
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Ok Sky see if this helps, your at home sitting in your fav chair your all comfy and have your popcorn beside you. Your VCR or DVD player isn't working, you only have your regular tv and the remote isn't working . All these episodes will be playing at the same time but you can only choose 1 to watch because once you start on your popcorn and have your feet up you don't want to have to get up and change channels. So which one do you choose to watch?

Hope that helps
                                i have 4 dvd players, 5 if i count my lappy

i'd watch them all

(yes, i am a spoiled brat)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X