Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lys
    It wasn't ?

You can't imagine how relieved I am not to be a shipper.
    No, sadly. I've probably read several that are worse. But not being a shipper will do nothing to protect you, as the worst fics I've read haven't necessarily been ship fics. (Shippers do read other kinds of fic, you know. ) Actually, consider yourself relieved if you're not a CSI fan, as I've found far, far, far worse fics in CSI than I've ever seen in the Stargate fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
      No, sadly. I've probably read several that are worse. But not being a shipper will do nothing to protect you, as the worst fics I've read haven't necessarily been ship fics. (Shippers do read other kinds of fic, you know. ) Actually, consider yourself relieved if you're not a CSI fan, as I've found far, far, far worse fics in CSI than I've ever seen in the Stargate fandom.
      Maybe the best is to stay away from the fics, wait for a friend who has the same tastes than you and use him/her as a guinea pig. It would be heaven to read only the good fics.
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        It's weird to think that far out, eh? You should probably buy a helmet of some kind!

How much longer before the Vancouver Convention?! Kat? Where's your countdown?
        Nine days before I fly to Vancouver -
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Cripes, I just made myself someone's PET!! I thought penguins were another name for shippers! DUH ...
          Could you please identify yourself and the other shippers in this pic
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            Could you please identify yourself and the other shippers in this pic
            http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/2237/penguin6ex.jpg
            LOL! The shipper penguins are not pets, but weapons of war against the boys at Bridge. There's a wee explanation at the top of this page.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Completely confused Canadian here
              You mean there's a difference btw Great Britain, United Kingdom and British Isles
              Great Britain: England, Scotland, Wales
              United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland): England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
              British Isles: England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Guernsey and all other random islands...!

As for penguins, I think Lys now uses it to refer to Shippers too. Penguins are quite accurate seeing as they are kinda related to the first ever ship in Antarctica.

Sat down to eat dinner with my houseguest, Alex, and she had flicked on the TV to Stargate, saying.... "Woah! Stargate! Cool!" Best houseguest ever!
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                Great Britain: England, Scotland, Wales
                United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland): England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
                British Isles: England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Guernsey and all other random islands...!

As for penguins, I think Lys now uses it to refer to Shippers too. Penguins are quite accurate seeing as they are kinda related to the first ever ship in Antarctica.

Sat down to eat dinner with my houseguest, Alex, and she had flicked on the TV to Stargate, saying.... "Woah! Stargate! Cool!" Best houseguest ever!
                Yea...Okay...but what about the pants?
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  Maybe the best is to stay away from the fics, wait for a friend who has the same tastes than you and use him/her as a guinea pig. It would be heaven to read only the good fics.
                  M best bet would be to let go of the compulsion to read every fic I ever start. I don't think I'm doing very well on that score.

And to get this back on topic: Sam fic recs, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    See, the only thing I can say is good about Jack being gone is that we're not subjected to the whole ship thing. If it comes back, I would hope they are together-end of story--no soapy angst. I think that's my biggest concession to the shippers yet. Maybe you guys are a bad influence on me.
                    That's just so...so...DANG SWEET.

/me dissolves in shippy lurve

*sniffle*

See??? Now I'm gettin' all weepy on you...I'm practically SPEECHLESS!

But only practically speechless. I am ME after all.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                      M best bet would be to let go of the compulsion to read every fic I ever start. I don't think I'm doing very well on that score.

And to get this back on topic: Sam fic recs, anyone?
                      Have you checked out Strix's site, she has a large list of Sam whumping fics on it
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

You know what? My guest told me to have fun with the Samandans and get some fic writing done.... I tried to protest, but she wouldn't have it! And she made me dinner, washed up and bought me wine! Slightly tipsy Tracy now!
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

You know what? My guest told me to have fun with the Samandans and get some fic writing done.... I tried to protest, but she wouldn't have it! And she made me dinner, washed up and bought me wine! Slightly tipsy Tracy now!
                          So do we now refer to you as STTJ
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

What a great friend! Or maybe she's trying to distract you to steal one of your Stargate DVD's!
                            Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              And I used think penguins were cute. Thanks for yanking me back from the precipice.

On the fanfic topic. Why do many authors write Sam as having suffered domestic abuse with Jonas & in other relationships? Sam says in First Commandment that Jonas "liked control" but I don't see that as necessarily meaning he hit her. I think it would have had to be more subtle than that for Sam to put up with it for any length of time. My view of Sam is that she'd have walked out the first time he hit her, but that she gave back the ring before he got to that stage. She may be a bit uncertain in her love life, but not to that point.
                              Do you know that one of our newest GW members signed in today as Penquin? I kid you not!

Comment

Can I borrow your guest for a couple of days?

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X