Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    LOL, aw c'mon, how the heck is that a spoiler? Well, except maybe if we were all fans of the TV show, "What Not To Wear"...

(I'm watching Redemption, I am, really, I'm just also close to the computer. Dangerous combination!)
    It's a spoiler pic from an un-aired episode There are people who try to keep clear of those type of things (not to mention part of GW's spoiler policy ).
    MajorSam would rip your arms off if she stumbled across that!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      Originally Posted by Mandysg1
      Caption This
      http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/916_06.jpg

Rollin', rollin', rollin'
      Though the streams are swollen
      Keep them dogies rollin'
      Rawhide!

(Okay - can't help it - everytime I see that picture the first thing that pops to mind is the theme to "Rawhide")
      For me, it has to be

"And we will walk through the fire,
      Some people they/she will never learn
      And we will walk through the fire
      And let it buuuuuurrrrrrn,
      Let it buuuuuuuuurrrrrn
      Let it burn."

Whatever. It's blatantly the SG1 musical episode.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mandysg1
        Caption This
        http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/916_06.jpg

Rollin', rollin', rollin'
        Though the streams are swollen
        Keep them dogies rollin'
        Rawhide!

(Okay - can't help it - everytime I see that picture the first thing that pops to mind is the theme to "Rawhide")
        OMG, I was just about to post the same thing! I've been humming ever since I saw the picture. So I'm not the only one old enough to remember that show.

Edited to add - for you youngsters Rawhide was a very old television western which would probably be long forgotten except for the theme song mentioned above and the fact that it starred a young Clint Eastwood.

NC
        Last edited by NearlyCircular; 28 January 2006, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Yup and the cape always means you're in charge!! No cape = sidekick!

Originally posted by Skydiver
          not a caption but notice how sam is the only one with a cape????
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
            OMG, I was just about to post the same thing! I've been humming ever since I saw the picture. So I'm not the only one old enough to remember that show.

NC
            Well I'm to young to have seen it in first run. But thanks to syndication (70's) and my mothers love of all things Western I think I've seen every episode. Loved Clint Eastwood as Rowdy Yates.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Actually I didnt mind Stronghold
              Spoiler:
              Sure the Mitchell Action Hero scene was extremely lame, but the kick arse Soldier!Sam more than made up for it Hooah! Did she rock OR WHAT!

And the Sam/Cam and Teal'c/Cam moments were good too

And I believe you all know my thoughts on Grace Under Pressure already
              Spoiler:

The sad thing is when any member of SG-1 is written poorly or out of character it really makes the entire team appear unbelievable. The writers end up writing all of them in a way that is not true to their character in order to achieve the ending they wish for the story. It's like Sam accepting Pete's proposal and kissing him while on a mission. We all know that was not something that Sam would have really done, but in order to end the episode the way the writers had intended and without costing any more money they were willing to jeapordize Sam's work ethic and integrity for the good of the story.

In Prometheus Unbound, Vala would never should have been able to disarm the entire crew so easily nor would Walter have been able to fly the ship or Hammond been so disrespected by fighting over who would have to give him mouth to mouth, but in order to make the comedy they wanted, they were willing to allow the characters to look badly.

The same can be said for Gemini. In order to push the Replicator/RC arc along, they were willing to allow Sam, Teal'c and Jack to behave completely out of character.

And now they are doing the same thing with Mitchell and the other members of SG-1. Sam and Daniel supposedly allowed Mitchell to go up on the ship alone under the pretense that if someone did not stay behind to hold off the Jaffa they would all have been stuck on the Gou'ald ship. Unfortunately, I just don't believe this reasoning...wouldn't they have had a better chance at taking out the Jaffa on the ship if they had gone as a team? All of the other characters seemed to be minimalized simply to make Mitchell appear to be this great hero who would risk his life to save Teal'c, and yet we are just suppose to ignore the fact that Mitchell would probably be dead right now if it weren't for the fact that Sam and Daniel came to his rescue in the first place. And yet Daniel and Sam seemed totally accepting to Mitchell's behavior and Teal'c is now indebited to Mitchell for saving his life. I guess for me, I'm becoming highly discouraged because I find it rather pathetic that I'm spending my time trying to find things to like about each episode rather than truly enjoying them. Yes, Sam rocked in Stronghold, but as much as I enjoy Sam, that still doesn't make the rest of the episode any less of a disappointment. I've never expected to enjoy every episode of Stargate. I am fine with the idea that in every season there will be a few episodes that I may not completely enjoy, but in the past eight years there have always been more episodes that I've enjoyed each season than ones I disliked. With only six episodes left in season nine, I'm really beginning to worry that this will not be the case.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                For me, it has to be

"And we will walk through the fire,
                Some people they/she will never learn
                And we will walk through the fire
                And let it buuuuuurrrrrrn,
                Let it buuuuuuuuurrrrrn
                Let it burn."

Whatever. It's blatantly the SG1 musical episode.
                I have heard that song before. Is it the Buffy soundtrack? I haven't seen buffy myself, but I have heard that song.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                  I have heard that song before. Is it the Buffy soundtrack? I haven't seen buffy myself, but I have heard that song.
                  Yes, it is Buffy.

I have to say, the Rawhide fits it better, but the whole long black coat thing and all the leather makes me think of the Buffy musical. The bit where they're all walking to the Bronze, singing that song.

Anyway. As I said. Musical ep. That's all we need to know.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                    Sam is brilliant, steady, conscientious, interested, responsible, visionary, involved, dedicated, courageous, strong, good at attaining and holding her situational awareness and control, and possessed of a will of perfectly alloyed trinium. This is a combination that motivates people to follow another person, and that’s what makes a leader. It also makes a good commander, and I think Sam is that, in spades.
                    ... Quoted here because I believe these words deserve repeating.

As opposed to Mitchell who acts like a cappuccino addict playing WhackaMole.

How do you come up with these things, Sim?

Brilliant!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      My understanding is that BB ad-libed a lot.
                      But I dont know this for a fact only from his fans.
                      Sometimes fans can over exaggerate the amount of ad-libbing their favorite actor does so its hard to tell. I am not sure RDA did all of the adlibing some people give him credit for but who knows.
                      Richard Dean Anderson strikes me as the kind of person who would be capable of ad-libbing quite a lot, whether it be from forgetting lines or just from goofing around having fun and joking with the rest of the cast. I think the humour of Jack O'Neill originates in most ways from the actor himself being naturally humourous.
                      The other actors don't ad-lib as much, but when they do they can come up with some pretty good stuff (take some of Amanda's ad-libs, for example the macgyver one in Antarctica).
                      Even in season8 I was beginning to notice that as RDA reduced his time on the show, there were less quips and funny ad-libs etc... I think that him not being on the show any more is going to affect the tone of the show, but I can't tell.
                      In some ways it may open the opportunity for the other actors to get a chance at the humour, but I guess I just worry that they might try to force it so much to try and fill the gap, that it doesn't work.
                      This is coming from someone who doesn't know much about what the feel of season9 is so far, so I'm still speculating, while you guys are all in the know.

I guess all I'm saying is that in season8 I already started to feel a hole where O'Neill should have been. He was the humour, both from the script and from ad-libing.
                      It sounds to me (from your post) that BB is trying to do what RDA did, and do a lot of ad-libbing. Whether or not it works for him as well as it did for Jack, I am yet to see.

I wouldn't mind hearing a few more from Sam though.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia

Brilliant!
                        LOLOL

how sadly apt
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          LOLOL

how sadly apt
                          I feel a little guilty making fun of a character... I mean, I think Ben is a classy guy, but OMG...

Mini, care to tell us why you didn't like GUP?

My LJ

Comment

Brilliant!

ROLFLMAO - I almost spit my drink all over my computer when I read your post Strix. The image of Mitchell and WhackaMole was to much.
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

ROLFLMAO - I almost spit my drink all over my computer when I read your post Strix. The image of Mitchell and WhackaMole was to much.
                              Sim's words, not mine.

On edit: I've learned not to drink anything while reading a post from Simhavaktra.

My LJ

Comment

Sim's words, not mine.

On edit: I've learned not to drink anything while reading a post from Simhavaktra.
                                Ok, What the Hec is Whackamole?

Comment

Working...
                                X