No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with us being in the middle of the country, we get everything from canadian air, hot muggy gulf air, dry mountain air and anything in between.

in the course of 12months, we can go from an air temp of -20 (although that is pretty cold, -10 is an average cold snap) to 110

last week we literally had twisters on friday night and a blizzard on saturday in the same part of the state
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

WHAT! That's mentalism, that is! I can't believe that. I mean, at the moment here in Southampton, it's minus 1 here.... apparently that's 30 Farenheit. And I think this is chilly.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Well, I've been out in the marketplace and it's not pretty folks. Two weeks until Christmas and I think I should leave copies of my holiday haiku strewn about the shopping malls so people would STOP and breathe deeply and be kinder to each other ...

I come back here and am ROTFL at the past two pages of exchanges between our UK newbie, Tracy Jane, and our royal security guard, 1speed. I most certainly didn't want to make any of our male Samandans feel, ahem, inadequate from my writing that fanfic last night. Ah, it must have been the rum ... I'll try to stay away from hot tubs for awhile and be more generic! You guys are hysterical - Teal'c and the weather channel!! And public mention of our RA's purdah ... omigosh, 1speed, you are so in trouble ... that promised Christmas dinner is looking more at risk by the minute!! Actually, speaking of dinner, I think you just cooked your own goose!! At least I will no longer be the only one in hot water!

Back on topic, NC and a few others have written about the moments of camaraderie in S9 between Sam and Cam and I concur. There needs to be some coming together of these two, a hook that makes us care about them as friends and comrades. When I wrote the fanfic last night, his coming to the party just seemed quite natural and I saw him leaning against the doorway when he rang her bell. I could picture his character being that easy-going and friendly. I'm still not happy about the co-leadership issue, but am willing to see if the characters can develop something good from mutual respect and friendship.

Peace, CG

Comment

It's almost Christmas
          Whether it is warm or cold remains to be seen
          But for the milestone posters, such as Tracy Jane,
          A Royal Red Bean!

Congratulations to TJ's "600"
          And any other good Samandans who reached their magic numbers this past week!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...dAppleBean.jpg

Comment

Thanks Chopingal. What's the whole red bean thing about?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              Thanks Chopingal. What's the whole red bean thing about?
              Was just flying by (still very busy in RL with finals and vacation prep, not to mention work) and noticed Tracy Jane's question about the royal bean(s). Check out this post for more info: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1679

Also, there is a great index to all things concerning our thread, put together by Astro and updated on a regular basis by several Samandans:
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=8821

*Hope, nobody minds me posting this!*

Take care everybody!!!
              Hope to join in again soon!

Last edited by Dani76; 10 December 2005, 02:53 PM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

i love Sam as a character... i think that she has had very good development over the past years... even yes, Pete, he gave her a chance to be a girly girl... (i hate pete too)....
                ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Thanks Dani! That was useful!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    Here too, but I don't know if we'll crack 30. 45F would be a nice heatwave.
                    So I guess we have a heatwave here in the Pacific Northwest with clear skies(yes I said clear skies and Pacific Northwest in the same sentence).....and it's suppose to be clear all week......

And three cheers for the Cam and Sam friendship!!!

Jan
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam
                      So I guess we have a heatwave here in the Pacific Northwest with clear skies(yes I said clear skies and Pacific Northwest in the same sentence).....and it's suppose to be clear all week......

And three cheers for the Cam and Sam friendship!!!

Jan
                      cam and sam friendship....that would be Scam right?????
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

How come I dont get a bean?
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                          How come I dont get a bean?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/IMG_0726.jpg

"Hey, Jester, how come Qasim doesn't get a bean?!
                          He's even bumped me back to the first page a couple times recently ..."

Here we go, for Qasim for Post 22,800!!!
                          and all good Samandans who are bean-deprived for their hard efforts!!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Background.gif

Jester
                          Last edited by ChopinGal; 10 December 2005, 05:27 PM.

Comment

spoilers for s9's prototype

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            I agree. I almost didn't watch it til I remembered Sam was back --really back--in this episode. Add me to the list that likes the comfortable relationship between Sam & Cam. Hope we see more of it. It's good for Sam and would help develop Mitchell as a character, IMHO.
                            i watched prototype last night, ONLY because sam was in it. (i've been rather bored with stargate now )

anyhoo, watching this for the second time, it *really* hit home to me that they're purposely writing sam and mitchell co-leading the team. i'd rather have her leading it on her own (like last season), but co-leading is better than nothing.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              with us being in the middle of the country, we get everything from canadian air, hot muggy gulf air, dry mountain air and anything in between.

in the course of 12months, we can go from an air temp of -20 (although that is pretty cold, -10 is an average cold snap) to 110

last week we literally had twisters on friday night and a blizzard on saturday in the same part of the state
                              huh, you've got nothing on southern california weather. in the summer, it's hot. in the spring, it's warm. in the fall, it's coolish. in the winter, it's coldish. and please pity me, but just today, it was in the 70s! yes, absolutely horrible weather! it stays in the 60s to 80s literally year round. the only white christmas i ever get is when we have a california white day (fog and smog mixed together to make the sky a whitish hue). and sun. sun. and more sun. it's even sunny when it's raining!

yes, pity my suffering.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

this isn't sam related exactly, but...

you ever get the idea that maybe the ptb think that the failure of some storylines is because of the subject, instead of how the ptb *wrote* the subject?

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X