Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    Regarding the hastily posted message on her web site - I'm afraid it may have been because she let it slip at GABIT - which was very quickly posted by some very niaive Samandans like myself on this thread - about the todo with RCoop and her contract negotiations. Now this makes Rob Coop look really really bad and he quite rightly took a lot of flack on Gateworld for it. Amanda may have worried that this may compromise her negotiations and annoy RC even further into reducing her role. I'm still very very upset at that turn of events and wish we hadn't posted about theRCoop incident - who knew it would be all over GATEWORLD.
    I´m sure that it will bring no negative reactions for AT that the Samandans talked on Gateworld about what happend on GABIT. I think the opposide could be true. That so many fans have made sure that they want Sam on SG 1 (and especially don´t want see her replaced by Vala) could AT help in further negotations. I think it´s better that TPTB know that she has many fans outthere.
    And that so many posters reacted so strong to this news it´s IMO for me a sign how unhappy many fans are with the way the show has changed since RCC has replaced BW in season 7.

Comment

Hey all, I am new here and I just have to say that Carter RULZ! Love the thread!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Yeah, believe me it would be very hard to understand. I think I was even in the discussion briefly when they were talking about what the gibberish meant and I can't remember it anymore. I think it has something to do with a perfect SG team, but I can't remember everyone who was it.

Hmmm, or maybe it was a different discussion. Oh well, who knows. MS and AD get the strangest ideas in their heads whenever they get together. *Pats both on the head*
        Hahaha, oh dear, were you in one of those convo's? I'm so sorry... Yes, me and AD, together in a convo.... straaaange things happen!!! (!) (fair dinkum that be true)

Originally posted by minigeek
        Hey! I have some LLL stuff. And I'm ... not 24 anymore.

mini(turnin' 3-0 in January! )geek
        Hahaha, no offense was meant, I'm just going by my specific region!!!

And still... even if age doesn't matter anymore... it's still AMANDA... wearing LULULEMON...lol, makes me laugh. Not that's it BAD, it's a very NICE jacket, it's just... funny!

Thanks everyone who's said "hi" or "welcome back" I'm really really going to try and make an effort to be on lots more

(((((((((((((((((((((Samanda)))))))))))))))))))))

and WELCOME MUSICMUGGLE!!!!! WOOOOH!!! (yay muggle... lol... saw HP 4 opening day )
        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

I can't but feel like "pron" was one of those moments when Samo was typing too fast on MSN...

Comment

Originally posted by musicmuggle
            Hey all, I am new here and I just have to say that Carter RULZ! Love the thread!

Welcome musicmuggle! Wish I could green ya, but I'll have to wait until Greg returns and fixes the rep machine.

Really just wanted to make a quick pit stop to say Hi to everyone, I miss you all and I'm still not "fixed".....I think I need a new doc.

Hope everyone in the States had a great Thanksgiving, and that everyone else is having a great weekend.

And yes, Carter does rule! At least here she does.
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
              Na, 'tis ok. I've just been generally very lost as to what direction to take lately. What with the fact that I'm facing decisions about University or not, and general stuff like that. So... I guess I'm just in a bit of an in-between stage at the moment, with no clear idea what to do.
              deepspace, good to see you around.

University will open up doors for you. Find some way to go. It is obvious to me from conversations on this list that you belong there.

Did I tell you my brother is a marine biologist? He works at the Ocean Research Institute at the University of Tokyo... goes on research cruises two to four times a year all over the world. It's a good career. Both of my parents are retired profs... my dad's a zoologist, my mom's a biologist; they loved their work before retirement, and it has given them a great living. My eldest brother is a geography teacher. Science is a legitimate and rewarding career path. Don't give up on that dream, kiddo.

Hugs,
              Strix

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by musicmuggle
                Welcome aboard, musicmuggle. Carter rules, INDEED, as the (gorgeous) personage in your avatar would say.

Just sayin', there's lots to love here, please, express yourself often!
                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                sigpic
                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                  Welcome musicmuggle! Wish I could green ya, but I'll have to wait until Greg returns and fixes the rep machine.

Really just wanted to make a quick pit stop to say Hi to everyone, I miss you all and I'm still not "fixed".....I think I need a new doc.

Hope everyone in the States had a great Thanksgiving, and that everyone else is having a great weekend.

Lida, welcome back yourself! Sending positive wishes for your recovery. Hope you can post as often as you want; always glad to see you around.

Just sayin'.
                  MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                  sigpic
                  Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                    Okay, minigeek. You did it again. A fabulous sketch. A wonderful talent you have!

Did you send your other sketch of Sam/AT to Amanda?
                    Not yet. Haven't worked up the nerve... er...

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

AD question - what type of GLOCK would Sam carry? If there's a special kind. Just want to make sure I'm not drawing this all wrong...

edit-> on a totally different note (and gun), check out this baby! http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=128 - sick!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                        Not yet. Haven't worked up the nerve... er...
                        dear, if you won't send it, send me a copy with your name and address and I"LL send it in

i'm sure amanda will love seeing your talent
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Hey Deepspace,

Glad to see you back! We have Samandans crawling out of the woodwork tonight. What fun. As for my MSN space, I have to admit I'm not really sure how to prevent people from posting nasty comments. I do believe I made my space private though, so it doesn't show up on MSN's list of blog spaces. The only people who see my blog are the ones I show it to. I don't recall exactly how I did this though, but I'll play around with the site and if I figure it out I'll send the information on to you.

Wish I could be of more help. I know Tsaxlady also has a MSN space, perhaps she can help out a bit as well.

Kat
                          Ok, thanks then Kat. It's just all so very new to me, not like posting on a forum at all!
                          Hmm, if I'm crawling out of the woodwork, I hope that doesn't mean I'm a termite . Good to be back. Which brings me to...
                          I might not be near internet for the next few days, so mightn't be able to come see you all until the end of next week. Just warning you all now so you don't think I'm never coming back.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

Lida, always nice when you stop by. I only wish you were 'fixed'. Lots of love, warmth, and healing to you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                              deepspace, good to see you around.

University will open up doors for you. Find some way to go. It is obvious to me from conversations on this list that you belong there.

Did I tell you my brother is a marine biologist? He works at the Ocean Research Institute at the University of Tokyo... goes on research cruises two to four times a year all over the world. It's a good career. Both of my parents are retired profs... my dad's a zoologist, my mom's a biologist; they loved their work before retirement, and it has given them a great living. My eldest brother is a geography teacher. Science is a legitimate and rewarding career path. Don't give up on that dream, kiddo.

Hugs,
                              Strix
                              *blushes profusely*
                              Thanks for the encouragement Strix. I'm not giving up on anything yet, just maybe postponing for a bit, until life around me has settled down a bit, it's been rather all over the place this year. Always though, thankyou for being so supportive . And thanks for telling me about your brother.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

MusicMuggel, welcome on the thread! I hope your gonna have much fun here!

Lida, I hope ya get better soon

(picture on the right)

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Working...
                                X