Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    It's not my news...it's CG's. And she's writing up a full report. I'm not about to step on her toes by divulging all the details publicly, especially when I only know bits and pieces. It's not my right to do so I don't think.

And besides, maybe she can come up with a good spin on this...

Maybe. Hopefully.
    UberSg-1Fan, Do you know when CG is going to post her report?

Comment

LOL! That's so what it looks like, Osiris-RA! Great cap & caption.

Just sayin'.
      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
      sigpic
      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Exactly. I'm not being vague to be mean. I was told something in confidence and i can't betray that. It's not fair to the person who told me. My only reason for speaking up was because i did think that CG would be on by now, but also because i didn't want things to go pear shaped while i was gone.

I know exactly how you guys feel and i apologize. I've had David or Darren, after they get to tour bridge studios and interview actors, tantalize the mods with 'you won't believe all the cool stuff we found out'...then we get no details.

It's not as bad as you think it is. Not the greatest news in the world, but it's not horrible.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wow, it's amazing how nervous this thread gets in the timespan it takes me to catch up on the thread.

Ok, here is a brief synopsis of what was told to us today at Gabit via Amanda. Please, please, please do not do or say anything rash until others have had a chance to post something as well as I'm very worried I may have misinterpreted what was said.

According to Amanda she recently found out that all the members of the cast had been approached regarding season 10: MS, CJ, BB as well as CB.
          To paraphrase Amanda..."She said she called RCC and asked if the fact she hadn't heard anything meant she should be worried. She was informed that she didn't have anything to be worried about; they just hadn't figured out what they were going to do with her character as of yet. According to Amanda, there is a possibility that she will be working on Atlantis and SG-1. She has no clue as to how many episodes she will be on each. All she knew at this time was that she would be doing 20 episodes and that it may be split between the two shows. How it will be split she is not sure, nor does she know what she will be doing."

Needless to say, some people like myself, found this bit of information as quite a shock and were very disappointed. I can only hope the news doesn't mean what many of us assume it does. I want to try to remain positive for the moment.

Chopin Gal was planning to post a more thorough summary of the weekends events; however, the weekend has been pleasantly filled with wonderful moments of Amanda and although we were saddened by this particular piece of information the rest of the week-end thus far has been absolutely wonderful.

The people here at the con are fantastic. I have yet to meet someone who is not open and friendly. Amanda is as gorgeous as ever and there are no words to truly do her justice. She truly is one of the funniest and kind-hearted people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Regardless of what happens with season 10, I have been truly blessed for being given the opportunity to attend Gabit and meet Amanda. It will be a moment I treasure forever.

Kat

P.S For anyone who is interested, I have posted a few con photos. I apologize for their poor quality. My seat is located near the back of the conference room and they darken the hall during the Q&A session. I wish I could have provided better photos to truly capture the beautiful spirit that Amanda possesses.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/foreversg1

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
            UberSg-1Fan, Do you know when CG is going to post her report?
            Oh I wish I did...apparently it's tough because of the cost of connecting online...so maybe tomorrow?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
              I see lots of spectators tonight. Would love to hear from you your POSITIVE, FUN/FUNNY, THOUGHTFUL THOUGHTS ABOUT AMANDA TAPPING/SAMANTHA CARTER AND/OR SAMANDA!

I'm going to be here much of tonight, to spin down as many pages as possible before tomorrow (Sunday) noon. A long time, for sure. But I'm enjoying the challenge. I mean, who wouldn't, considering the wonderful guest of honor is...AMANDA TAPPING! And it's a wonderful showcase for the volume of artistic and geek talent that dwells here often.

Feel free to add anything you'd like, even questions like "Who?" Kindness reigns here no matter what your...um, awareness. Kidding about awareness; serious about the kindness.

Just sayin', step to the mike, anyone!
              Had a busy day today and a busy one tomorrow that'll keep me away from the PC. (And the extra hour we gain by "falling back" tonight won't seem to help!)

But... I'm not much in a talking mood. Howzabout some pretty pictures? I haven't scrubbed any more of my caps lately, so I don't really have anything new to offer... but I can contribute a few smiles I hope...

First, though, how about a caption?

CAPTION ME!
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                I hope we can pass the time celebrating our fave character, Sam Carter, and leave the news to break when it does. Sorry all of you who had to sign off before it comes down. There's so much more to talk about, post caps about.
                Just sayin,' Let's do this with kindness, please.
                I agree. Even though this is absolutely nerve-wracking, let's try to stay positive. I see that some of our GABIT-goers are still online, so news might come in sooner than we think.
                I just hope that whatever it is, was Amanda's decision and that it is what she wants, too. As long as she's happy with it, I am happy.

So, how about some friendship behind the scenes:

On Edit: I just saw that Kat posted an update. Thank you so much, and thank you for the pics, too. Amanda looks awesome, as always. Hope you guys are having a fantastic time, wish I could be there.
                Last edited by Dani76; 29 October 2005, 04:46 PM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

ForeverSg1,
                  Thanks for the report! It doesn't sound bad at all to me! Twenty eps is what she does now and being on SGA might be a lot of fun.

You know, they might be trying to boost SGA's ratings a bit by having AT do that show. It's ratings haven't been quite as good SG-1's, and it's in the better timeslot. I bet they think AT will give that show a boost.

Thanks!

Comment

Competent, Kickbutting Sam...
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      Wow, it's amazing how nervous this thread gets in the timespan it takes me to catch up on the thread.

Ok, here is a brief synopsis of what was told to us today at Gabit via Amanda. Please, please, please do not do or say anything rash until others have had a chance to post something as well as I'm very worried I may have misinterpreted what was said.

According to Amanda she recently found out that all the members of the cast had been approached regarding season 10: MS, CJ, BB as well as CB.
                      To paraphrase Amanda..."She said she called RCC and asked if the fact she hadn't heard anything meant she should be worried. She was informed that she didn't have anything to be worried about; they just hadn't figured out what they were going to do with her character as of yet. According to Amanda, there is a possibility that she will be working on Atlantis and SG-1. She has no clue as to how many episodes she will be on each. All she knew at this time was that she would be doing 20 episodes and that it may be split between the two shows. How it will be split she is not sure, nor does she know what she will be doing."
                      I know for some that news is disappointing, but for me, it's great. No it has nothing to do with Claudia being on the show in S10, it means that AMANDA is quite possibly more respected by TPTB than some have previously thought. Why else would they offer her the opportunity to be on TWO shows? Did they offer that to MS, BB, CJ? I think not.

*hey, let me live in my delusion! It's a nice one.

Needless to say, some people like myself, found this bit of information as quite a shock and were very disappointed. I can only hope the news doesn't mean what many of us assume it does. I want to try to remain positive for the moment.
                      Be positive...it means she's gonna be on TWO shows....more exposer for her! That's a good thing! Think of all the new fans she'll get from being on TWO shows.

Chopin Gal was planning to post a more thorough summary of the weekends events; however, the weekend has been pleasantly filled with wonderful moments of Amanda and although we were saddened by this particular piece of information the rest of the week-end thus far has been absolutely wonderful.

The people here at the con are fantastic. I have yet to meet someone who is not open and friendly. Amanda is as gorgeous as ever and there are no words to truly do her justice. She truly does have one of the most kind-hearted people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Regardless of what happens with season 10, I have been truly blessed for being given the opportunity to attend Gabit and meet Amanda. It will be a moment I treasure forever.

Kat

P.S For anyone who is interested, I have posted a few con photos. I apologize for their poor quality. My seat is located near the back of the conference room and they darken the hall during the Q&A session. I wish I could have provided better photos to truly capture the beautiful spirit that Amanda possesses.

Glad to hear you're having a fabu time Kat! You deserve it! Don't have time to gander at your piccies and drool, but tomorrow will be good enough for me. Maybe by then you will have added more.
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Simply irresistible Sam

Comment

Thanks for finally saying something, ForeverSG1. Seems to me, at first blush, that they're going to try to use Amanda to save the sinking city. Atlantis has been wholely unoriginal from the get go, and now they're going to use Amanda's popularity to pull in viewers. I'm not encouraged for SG1 or Atlantis by this news. More Sam/Rodney innanity, more Vala innanity, less logic and sense in the Stargate Universe than ever. And to not tell her about it before talking to everyone else is just plain inconsiderate. Sounds like their solution to the command mess is to remove Sam from SG-1 all together. It also sounds like their plan for adding Vala involves removing Sam from the team. Nice job guys, you've deconstructed in half a season what it took you eight years to build up.

Comment

Sam remembers why sometimes it's not such a good thing
                            to see what colleagues do in their spare time...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

The people here at the con are fantastic. I have yet to meet someone who is not open and friendly. Amanda is as gorgeous as ever and there are no words to truly do her justice. She truly is one of the funniest and kind-hearted people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Kat

Kat, thanks so much for giving us an update. At least we have something to go on now. Love your pics! She looks fabulous! I bet AD will love those black clothes!. Happy to hear you've enjoyed yourself so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                                ForeverSg1,
                                Thanks for the report! It doesn't sound bad at all to me! Twenty eps is what she does now and being on SGA might be a lot of fun.

You know, they might be trying to boost SGA's ratings a bit by having AT do that show. It's ratings haven't been quite as good SG-1's, and it's in the better timeslot. I bet they think AT will give that show a boost.

Thanks!
                                Same here ForeverSG1. I can see why Sky wanted to step in pre-emptively--it would be easy for us to fly off the handle in defense of the Queen due to perceived slights. For example, that she should tell RCC where to get off...
                                "Still, trying to stay positive." Maybe it is a compliment to AT that they want to use her on Atlantis to boost that show. They certainly should know she has a ton of fans. Heck, it might get me to watch Atlantis more regularly. Bottom line--if AT's ok with it, ok.
                                Glad to hear the event is going well. Looking forward to hearing more about TBA tomorrow (The Best, Amanda)
                                Night all. Hic Comitas Regit.

Comment

Working...
                                X