Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    I can't remember what confessions your talking about in that episode? Other than Sam likes the taste of diet coke better
    I love that scene. Watched that DVD last night.... fabulous set of four: Small Victories, Upgrades, D&C, WoO. It was the height of ship.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
      Um, Jack's allergic to leather? Ok, maybe not....I think his SUV has leather seats. Well.....maybe the sight of Sam in leather is just too much for him to handle....wait a sec.....I know he and Sam have been togther, on more than one occasion, when Sam was wearing leather. (BUMP)
      Whoops.....don't listen to me....I'm medicated.
      I know Jack missed the time in Nightwalkers when Sam was wearing the leather pants. I don't think it had the same effect on Jonas
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I was just watching Prometheus again and remembering how much I liked Sam in season 6. This episode has Sam beating up bad guys, using her brains to get out of a bad situation, doing her best MacGyvering in the whole series, dealing with a nosy reporter, etc. This episode is such a good example of how the team used to be written so well. Even though they’re split up for most of the episode, everyone gets their moment, as do the guest stars. I actually went back to see who had written it and found that it had been Joe M. and Paul M.

With RDA on reduced time in season 6, you can see that Sam was featured more. I would bet that had RDA been full time for Prometheus, the initial contact with the reporter and subsequent meetings would have been with Jack, not Sam. The whole season seemed to lean that way, and I really liked it. Isn’t it ironic that when the writers were placed under the restraint of having to write episodes with limited screen time by the lead, they seemed to do a better job than now, when they have all the principals available full time? Just my opinion, of course.

On a shallow note, I like Sam’s season 6 hair, too.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
          I was just watching Prometheus again and remembering how much I liked Sam in season 6. This episode has Sam beating up bad guys, using her brains to get out of a bad situation, doing her best MacGyvering in the whole series, dealing with a nosy reporter, etc. This episode is such a good example of how the team used to be written so well. Even though they’re split up for most of the episode, everyone gets their moment, as do the guest stars. I actually went back to see who had written it and found that it had been Joe M. and Paul M.

With RDA on reduced time in season 6, you can see that Sam was featured more. I would bet that had RDA been full time for Prometheus, the initial contact with the reporter and subsequent meetings would have been with Jack, not Sam. The whole season seemed to lean that way, and I really liked it. Isn’t it ironic that when the writers were placed under the restraint of having to write episodes with limited screen time by the lead, they seemed to do a better job than now, when they have all the principals available full time? Just my opinion, of course.

On a shallow note, I like Sam’s season 6 hair, too.

NC
          Well said and I couldn't agree with you more
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

for me, s6 was the highest spot of the series it was the season with the least cringers and most eps that i've rewatched

it also fired up my muse like no other season has
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              for me, s6 was the highest spot of the series it was the season with the least cringers and most eps that i've rewatched

I also liked S6, maybe we should have a petition to bring back Jonas
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Laf, I'm not too sure about that... from what I recall of Amanda's description, she plays a bumbling detective.
                then she'll *still* be showing up pete shanahan.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Why are they always turning down the heat when I have these scenes

Your asking me? They had me outside in February in the buff!
                  Last edited by Mandysg1; 26 January 2006, 05:31 PM.
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                    I just wanted to stop in and say how much I'm loving how the Samantha and Mitchell relationship is progressing. I think they are just wonderful together. I like how they seem so comfortable with each other that they can tease each other like they do. It certainly plays like they've known each other for a long time. Sam will sometimes seem a bit exasperated with Mitchell's teasing, but mostly she's seems lovingly indulgent. [I mean all this in the friendship sense and not a romantic one.]

Here's the Reader's Digest Condensed Version:

Amanda and Ben look like they are having a great time with the playful relationship between Sam and Mitchell, and I'm having a great time watching them.
                    I agree with you, ChillinTheMost. I'm enjoying the Sam and Mitchell friendship on screen thus far as well. I also agree with others that it would be good to see more of this friendship's backstory, to give it more depth. I hope they can write this backstory into one of the episodes for season 10.

Comment

even though i think that the co-leaders bit is silly, i do like the fact that sam and cam can be friends. she's more mellow with him, more relaxed since they are equals and he's not her superior officer.

sigpic

Comment

Actually Jack was around for those leather outings in all but one of the pics. Space Race is the only one where he didn't see her in it.

Boggles the mind don't it

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                        Here's another bump and a thought:
                        Why is it that most of the time when Sam is wearing leather, Jack's no where to be found.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

You know, when I first got my season 6 DVDs, I kinda grunted and said "I don't like season 6, it's kinda boring". But then I actually started watching, and it has the most amazing eps in there. All the episodes are either fabulous, good or watchable, there isn't a single really naff one that I can't bear to watch.

And I love Jonas, I really do. I just wish they had brought him back instead of introducing somany lead characters. And the best writing happened, as someone else has already said, when they didn't have their lead available and had to rely on the team. Now they think they have a lead again.....

Having said that, I'm with you, Sky. It's nice to see that other side of Sam. The one that's a colleague without being a subordinate.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                            Actually Jack was around for those leather outings in all but one of the pics. Space Race is the only one where he didn't see her in it.

Boggles the mind don't it
                            Don't you DARE quote Cam Mitchell on us.

Thinking about it....hmmmmm... What if RDA was still the lead...?

Spoiler:

Jack: Does that mean that somewhere out there, there's a reality where I got to second base with you?
                            Sam: (blushing) Apart from this one?

I wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              And I love Jonas, I really do. I just wish they had brought him back instead of introducing somany lead characters. And the best writing happened, as someone else has already said, when they didn't have their lead available and had to rely on the team. Now they think they have a lead again.....

Having said that, I'm with you, Sky. It's nice to see that other side of Sam. The one that's a colleague without being a subordinate.
                              inmy little 'wanna be' world, jonas never would have left. then s7 could have had rda cuttinig back slowly but surely, but instead of getting 2 sg1 paired up while the 3rd was kept with guest star of the week, we could had 2 adn 2 wiht a guest put in to spice things up

lack-o-jack wouldn't have been quite so obvious with 4 other actors to fill in

sigpic

Comment

Dude.... Mitchell was quoting me!!!

Spoiler:
                                That ep would have freakin hilarious with Jack there. Imagine 16 Jacks on the base????
                                Lmao.

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                Don't you DARE quote Cam Mitchell on us.

Thinking about it....hmmmmm... What if RDA was still the lead...?

Spoiler:

Jack: Does that mean that somewhere out there, there's a reality where I got to second base with you?
                                Sam: (blushing) Apart from this one?

I wish.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X