Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    so you saw/heard the commentary for 'ascension'? so did the commentary say or give the impression that sam and orlin had had sex???

sally
    lol, I can't remember much from that commentary... Other than that Martin Wood and Amanda Tapping did it and they were talking about the 'naughty videos' that Sam kept on her shelf in her study

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      i just got my copy of cost of honor in the mail today. i think i'm going to save it for next week when i'm on a long road trip to read it. i can't wait. i love sally's writing and knowing that it has sam whumping, is even better

LOVED night terrors. I personally recommend this fic to any sam fan

I too don't necessarily blame vala's silliness on CB. It's on the writers and directors. they're writing those silly lines, the director's the one that cut her loose and let's her get carried away....and i blame whomever (hic, male) came up with her costuming.

those factors and a lack of any real depth has worked together to make vala so much less than she could be

and yeah, it should be interesting when folks start to campaign for the reprise of john/aeryn. especially since, many of the existing gaters that are pushing for vala are pushing for her since she's paired up with daniel most of the time and since they tend to prefer daniel, anything that brings him to the front is a good thing...so when scifi caves to the pressure to reprise john/aeryn, it'll be fun to watch those very same folks that are campaigning for vala to have to turn a quick 180 when vala's presence diminishes what they feel should be daniel's level of participation

I think i'll sell tickets and reserve my ring side seat. it should be quite entertaining
      *disappointed cause she couldn't give Sky any green

BWAHAHAHAHAHA at your last comment.

I blame the director for not regining CB in when she got too over the top, but for me (big CB fan, not fanatic. ) CB handled the OTTness very well so it didn't grate on me. I've seen other actors that I enjoy and I've seen them Over act and I wanted to throttle them. I've yet felt the need to throttle Claudia. That could all change should she come back in S10 (if we can honestly trust Skiffy).
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        I agree.
        Hey, I even fall into the target demographic that SciFi is aiming for (male 18-25) and I get a good laugh out of movies like American Pie, Super Troopers or Austin Powers. The problem I have with Vala (note Vala, not CB - she's an Aussie actor for christs sake!) is that her character doesn't fit the feel of the Stargate Franchise. Stargate has never been about the cheap sexual innuendoes. But the fact that Vala has come in and basically done nothing but that (exceptions being that scene at the end of Avalon 2 and TPTB) is what I have the problem with.
        And then all the spoilers we've got for the end of the season
        Spoiler:
        with Vala being pregnant and the baby thing
        just screams of bad cliches (though I'm willing to wait and see how it goes).

But if for any reason, Vala ended up replacing Sam on the show then I will be extremely peeved. Probably stop watching the show even (Atlantis and BSG are both awesome shows in their own right). But it'd be a sad day

BUT I'm confident there will be plenty of Sam for season 10. Every interview I've read Amanda sounds keen to return, and thats good enough for me
        Aside from not being part of the 'horny male factor' that Skiffy is so keen to get (they should know by now that there are a frell of a lot more WOMEN who enjoy SciFi than they give credit to) I'm with ya.

As much as I do love Claudia and Vala, if they were to replace Sam/Amanda with her, I'd be pissed. Again, "Why does it have to be either Sam or Vala? Why can't it be BOTH?!".

*needs to design a banner with that on it. <weg> That will really get some diehard Vala fans. teehee.
        *loves to twist the knife in some Vala fans LOL

I'm not known as "Cute but Kind of Evil" for nothing.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
          *needs to design a banner with that on it. <weg> That will really get some diehard Vala fans. teehee.
          *loves to twist the knife in some Vala fans LOL

I'm not known as "Cute but Kind of Evil" for nothing.
          lol, I've been thinking of making a Sam/Vala banner for a while now... Pity my artistic talents are fairly non-existent

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            lol, I've been thinking of making a Sam/Vala banner for a while now... Pity my artistic talents are fairly non-existent
            Not to worry...I'll use my old one til I come up with a new one.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
              True, and I just don't get it.

Speaking of whumping, last night I finished the new Fandemonium novel, The Cost of Honor, written by Sally Malcolm, sequel to A Matter of Honor. I thought it was really good... had to read it in one sitting, in fact. And, happily, it has lots of character whumping, including some of the best Sam-whumping I've had the pleasure of reading.
              dang, now i HAVE to read this book!

aren't these books only available in the UK? *whimpers about money*

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                Yeah. me too. I'm not a big fan of the character's over the top personality, but I blame TPTB for that not CB. I think there is still hope for the character if toned down some. I have nothing against CB at all and I hope she doesn't get the same treatment AT has gotten from some rude people at cons. Neither one of them or any of the other cast members deserve it.
                amanda was treated rudely at cons?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

GREAT sig banner, minigeek!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

in regards to vala

i think if she was on another show i could deal with her better

i did like the effect she had upon daniel and she proves that - to my tastes - ms does comedy a LOT better than he does drama...but, to me, she just doesn't fit.

she's like urgo or jay and coombs or heck even apophis...a little goes a long way

it will be good news for CB fans...but really does nothing for me at all.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

in regards to vala

i did like the effect she had upon daniel and she proves that - to my tastes - ms does comedy a LOT better than he does drama...but, to me, she just doesn't fit.

she's like urgo or jay and coombs or heck even apophis...a little goes a long way

((((((((Sky))))))) I still loves ya.

Urgo? You didn't like Urgo?! Hmmmm, maybe I'll have to rethink that loving you thing.

sigpic

Comment

in regards to vala

In complete agreement with ya, Sky. I believe I said this in the Anti-S9 thread. I like mashed potatoes. Force feed them to me every single week and I'll grow to distate them. Vala in small doses works for me. Perhaps in a capacity like Bra'tac and/or Jacob. Just not full time.
                        sigpic

Comment

so you saw/heard the commentary for 'ascension'? so did the commentary say or give the impression that sam and orlin had had sex???

sally
                          They just showed Ascension a few minutes ago (EDT). And it sure didn't look like sex happened. Perhaps
                          Spoiler:
                          the fact that Orlin stayed in Sam's house while in human form spurred said speculation. However, I will say that having Orlin's head atop his ascended-glowy form and ending up face to face with Sam may have given some the impression that something carnal was going on. Clearly, though, Orlin said it was a form of communication and sharing.

Just sayin'.
                          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                          sigpic
                          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

GREAT sig banner, minigeek!

sally
                            Thanks sweetie! Ya want the wallpaper version? lol A-Dawg (at work, yeah I know, shhh ) - he was watching me make it the other week and suddenly demanded I transform it into a desktop for him (which is odd, since it's a banner, but oh well). Cheers for the sweet compliment.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                              Um... it's like 340 pages of character whumping...
                              Spoiler:
                              Daniel's shoulder gets dislocated at least three times; Teal'c gets shot at least once; Jack gets beaten and tortured, Sam gets beaten, tortured, and gets her brain ransacked by aliens. They survive ship crashes, sink a city, start a war... great stuff.

From the blurb on the Fandemonium site:
                              Following on from the success of their first mission to recover ancient anti-gravity technology, SG-1 set off to rescue Major Henry Boyd and the rest of SG-10 from the edge of a black hole.

But the rescue attempt has unforeseen ramifications which force them to confront a monstrous secret on the homeworld of the Kinahhi.

Maybe some copies will be on sale at GABIT that someone could pick up to save shipping costs?
                              Oooh I have to agree with Strix. Very good story with wonderful Sam whumping. I actually purchased my copy off of Ebay because it's not sold here in the U.S. The biggest issue is shipping it from London. Amazon.uk seems to charge nearly the same amount for shipping as it does for the book. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                                They just showed Ascension a few minutes ago (EDT). And it sure didn't look like sex happened. Perhaps
                                Spoiler:
                                the fact that Orlin stayed in Sam's house while in human form spurred said speculation. However, I will say that having Orlin's head atop his ascended-glowy form and ending up face to face with Sam may have given some the impression that something carnal was going on. Clearly, though, Orlin said it was a form of communication and sharing.

Just sayin'.
                                see, i LOVE ascension (have it on tape), and i *never* got the impression that they'd been carnal together.

this newest round of fretting on this subject is do to someone telling me that sam and orlin *did* have sex together in ascension... someone's GOT TO ASK AMANDA about this at gabit!!

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X