Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    So many well thought out comments! So many viewpoints! That's what I've always loved about Samanda.....diversity and tolerance!

With that said, I'd like to ask--who kept the mailing address for Skiffy? I remember that the executive who works with the show is Nora O'Brien. Jerin had provided Skiffy's address. Would someone please post that (I will if I can find it, but don't count on it this week) and the address for Bridge? Then, those who want to protest (and feel empowered) can do so.....and those who don't want to say anything don't have to do so.
    Here are the addresses you asked for:

SciFi Channel
    1230 Avenue of the Americas
    New York, NY 10020-1513

The Bridge Studios,
    Stargate Productions,
    2400 Boundary Road
    Burnaby,
    British Columbia, V5M 3Z3
    Canada
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      Ohh he's got his own screen, too.

another quickie crap-ola composite (the 5 minute kind, lol)

mini
      Thank you !
      Maybe one of our artists could make new Samanda special credits with Elroy the Emu, Duck Dodgers, Tweety and lady Kluck.
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Warning: Generally mild-mannered Samandan about to have a rant

I gotta jump in with a little dissent here! Okay.....a whole lotta dissent!

As someone who has spent more than 20 years in broadcasting, I strongly disagree with the contention of several of my favorite Samandans that we, the viewers/listerners, whatever, have no right to expect producers, directors, networks, etc., to program to please us.

Folks, let me tell you, pleasing the viewers is what it's all about! It's the premise on which show business is based! Where do you think ratings come from? From satisfied viewers. Everyone is after satisfied viewers, because they're the ones who keep tuning in, week after week. You do have a right to want certain things from your shows, and to let TPTB, no matter what the show is, know about it! Otherwise, you get what they think you want! And what if they get it wrong.....or listen to someone else because you didn't speak up?

Show business isn't about art. It's about business. Every business must please its customers. Why do you think they set up focus groups? To find out what people like. Here's the equation.

Good program + Satisfied Viewers = Strong Ratings = Rich Producers

If you don't let them know what you want, you get what they give you. Unless you feel entitled enough to let TV execs know what you like, you run the risk of letting them decide (and they may not even care about your characters). I guess the best way I know to sum it up is this:

It's just like voting. If you don't vote, you get the government you deserve (for not voting). You get someone else's government. If you don't participate in the process, you really have no justification to complain.

But if you vote, if you take part in the process, if you make sure your viewpoint is heard and counted, you stand a better chance of getting the kind of government that represents you. And if you express yourself, you get a better chance of getting the shows you want.

Ok.....love you all! But you are entitled to express what you want! And you need to believe that your opinions matter.....because they do!

All right. Down off my soapbox now. End of rant.
        Clap, clap, clap!!!! Well said!! I'd green ya but, as usual, it's not workin'. Have some jello!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          and you know, it's all of their own doing. why didn't they think ahead of what might be said... it's like when they decided to give sam a boyfriend. it was already a controversial idea to begin with, so why did they literally go out of their way to make it 'worse' by poor writing?

i liked mitchell the most in those first two eps he was in. 'that' was the mitchell i wanted to continue to see, but after the avalon eps, he started splintering all over the place.

there's just so many probs this season that should never have happened.

i wanted sam to be sg1's leader because they gave me the idea of sam being sg1's leader. so if they were going to take it away, show the why, when, where, what, and how of it. no matter what my feelings and thoughts are for wanting this or that to happen, i want sam carter to be treated with respect.
          and even though we might be butting heads with other factions of fans, i believe 100 percent that more than anything else, they just want their preferred character to be treated with respect too.

i want to believe that there's a surprise waiting around the corner for us fans, but history... it just makes it hard to believe in 'them' sometimes. they've not only dropped the ball one too many times, they've literally thrown it over the fence.

i want to believe in them again. help me believe in them again.

sally
          Great post Sally. The portion I highlighted is excellent and sums up a lot of the reasons why fans are disappointed/angry about how the command thing, and Carter in particular, has been treated. You have given me an idea for a similar question for Mallozzi.

Comment

Warning: Generally mild-mannered Samandan about to have a rant

I gotta jump in with a little dissent here! Okay.....a whole lotta dissent!

As someone who has spent more than 20 years in broadcasting, I strongly disagree with the contention of several of my favorite Samandans that we, the viewers/listerners, whatever, have no right to expect producers, directors, networks, etc., to program to please us.

Folks, let me tell you, pleasing the viewers is what it's all about! It's the premise on which show business is based! Where do you think ratings come from? From satisfied viewers. Everyone is after satisfied viewers, because they're the ones who keep tuning in, week after week. You do have a right to want certain things from your shows, and to let TPTB, no matter what the show is, know about it! Otherwise, you get what they think you want! And what if they get it wrong.....or listen to someone else because you didn't speak up?

Show business isn't about art. It's about business. Every business must please its customers. Why do you think they set up focus groups? To find out what people like. Here's the equation.

Good program + Satisfied Viewers = Strong Ratings = Rich Producers

If you don't let them know what you want, you get what they give you. Unless you feel entitled enough to let TV execs know what you like, you run the risk of letting them decide (and they may not even care about your characters). I guess the best way I know to sum it up is this:

It's just like voting. If you don't vote, you get the government you deserve (for not voting). You get someone else's government. If you don't participate in the process, you really have no justification to complain.

But if you vote, if you take part in the process, if you make sure your viewpoint is heard and counted, you stand a better chance of getting the kind of government that represents you. And if you express yourself, you get a better chance of getting the shows you want.

Ok.....love you all! But you are entitled to express what you want! And you need to believe that your opinions matter.....because they do!

All right. Down off my soapbox now. End of rant.
            Great post - thanks.

Comment

Yeah! They don't have a single frickin' EMU in them, dammit!

mini(the 'alternate')geek
              Yeah, let's give credit where credit's due
              Mr. Emu, Samanda loves you!

PS I'm glad to see he's a Major and not a Lt. Colonel!

Comment

Well, well, bink
                You've hit your stride
                Although, at times it's been
                A rough rough ride

You hung in there
                And showed your stuff
                Which shows to go
                You're pretty tough!

Liking Sam the way you do
                This of course has not surprised
                You've spoken out in her behalf
                Oft becoming disenfranchised

Now you've passed the "500" mark
                Past black reps and undue commotion
                Methinks you've come a long, long way
                And deserve a Royal Red Bean for your devotion

Here's to Sam and her defenders
                Heroes all, emancipators
                Doing battle by words of substance
                Cutting through the crap and nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                  Captain Dodgers, hero extraordinaire, is currently partaking of a relaxing, and most well deserved lunch, with the Space Princess Gossamer. Eager Young Space Cadet Porky Pig is serving as his beloved Captain's aide de camp at said repast, so with extremely intense apologies, I fear that Sergeant Simha, social secretary to Our Hero (Captain Duck Dodgers, doubters) will have to serve as your liason to his Heroness.
                  <<my snips>>
                  Captain Dodgers would like me to say, however, that he is awaiting his invitation to the Samandan 1000 page bash with bated breath (I'm not sure what it's baited with, but it's doubtless heroic), and he lives in hope of finally meeting the wise and beautiful queen and heroine of Samanda, who has captivated his heart from afar, lo these long years.

Thank you for your attention to his Heroicness. We are most grateful and honored to serve at his heroic whim.

(PS. Don't tell Gossamer about His Heroness' thing for the Queen. Gossamer thinks Captain Dodgers prefers redheads.)

Yours most obsequiously,
                  Sergeant Simha, Social Secretary to Captain Duck Dodgers, Famous Intergalactic Hero
                  Priceless!

ChopinGal, kindly issue this loyal subject a formal invitation to Samanda's 1000 Pages Royal Ball. 'Cause he asked so pretty.

Just sayin'.
                  MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                  sigpic
                  Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Yeah, let's give credit where credit's due
                    Mr. Emu, Samanda loves you!

PS I'm glad to see he's a Major and not a Lt. Colonel!
                    Oh believe me, I THOUGHT about it... lol Three Lt. Colonels on the same team; SHARING command. Ha! Besides, who in their right noggin' would put the EMU in charge?
                    Last edited by minigeek; 21 October 2005, 06:39 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Oh believe me, I THOUGHT about it... lol Three Lt. Colonels on the same team; SHARING command. Ha! Besides, who in their right noggin' would put the EMU in charge?
                      Wait a minute – I think there’s a joke in there somewhere...

*ponders for a few moments*

Nope. I got nothin'.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Just a gentle bump. It's so quiet in here lately.

Sam wondering: Where have all the Samandans gone???

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Yeah! They don't have a single frickin' EMU in them, dammit!

Sorry for the crap-ola composite, didn't have time to make it better! Busy morning!

mini(the 'alternate')geek
                          Yeah! I've been wanting to see an Australian on SG-1 or Atlantis! Go the EMU!

Comment

Hi Samandans

I'm back, all married and everything...

The EMU is hilarious.. speaking as an Aussie I think a galactic EMU is just what we need

But just a side note on the Australian.. although it can be hard to pick given her somewhat English accent, Claudia Black is an Aussie

Originally posted by crazedturkey
                            Yeah! I've been wanting to see an Australian on SG-1 or Atlantis! Go the EMU!
                            sigpic

Comment

I know, and she is an excellant representation of the awesome talents of all us kangaroo types. But she's not playing an Aussie. I want to see an out and proud Australian!!

(OK I don't actually care that much. I just need something to get silly about ).

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                                Hi Samandans

I'm back, all married and everything...
                                Welcome back Myrth and warm congratulations! May there be much myrth in your marriage!

Comment

Working...
                                X