Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    It's a nice compromise, right? The guys from Stargate make sure they don't make the same tactical mistakes as the guys from Farscape, and SciFi makes sure they don't make the same mistakes as THEY made not too long ago.
    Uh, what tactical mistakes did the FS guys make? Not settling for the paultry offering from SciFi? Not settling for whatever was offered and wanting to stay true to their vision? Sorry, while I didn't always agree or like the choices that the FSPTB made, I never forgot that it was their "baby" so to speak and they knew it best. I'm but a mere fan. Besides, if they had settled for the deal SciFi had offered, we wouldn't have had the frellin'tastic PK Wars mini.

psssst, jerin, I'm not on the defensive.

However... a mistake is bound to be made at some point. It's only a matter of time before the two may not be able to fully compromise and find common ground - rather than for SG-1, this may eventually come to pass for Atlantis.
    Yeah, SciFi will put it's head up it's eema again and we all know how that turns out. LOL
    Last edited by SunKrux; 17 October 2005, 05:43 PM.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      i'm not surprised about the cam/daniel. for those who prefer daniel in a relationship that's same gender, cameron is a no brainer for the newest boytoy of daniel's. if they preferred daniel/teal'c, well then they'd have no issue cause it'd have existed by now.

as to SOME of the daniel/vala fans....well the cynical part of me thinks that a lot of it has to do with daniel. vala is great because if vala is in the show....well to avoid the farscape connection, she hasn't had much screen time with cam so it's obvious that any vala screem time will equal daniel screen time so she's the frosting to their preferred flavor of cake.

i have no issue with anyone's preferences....i just don't care for this 'either/or' attitude. if folks want vala, fine....but why does it have to come as the expense of sam? Why does cam have to come at the expense of sam?

it's a given that, by adding characters, there will be a bit of a reduction of the existing ones. there are only so many lines to go around. however reduction does not equal elimination.
      Reduction DOES equal elimination, if you're a psycho. Promise!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
        And who's going to be the writer ?
        Anybody but George Lucas, please! LOL
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          i'm not surprised about the cam/daniel. for those who prefer daniel in a relationship that's same gender, cameron is a no brainer for the newest boytoy of daniel's. if they preferred daniel/teal'c, well then they'd have no issue cause it'd have existed by now.

as to SOME of the daniel/vala fans....well the cynical part of me thinks that a lot of it has to do with daniel. vala is great because if vala is in the show....well to avoid the farscape connection, she hasn't had much screen time with cam so it's obvious that any vala screem time will equal daniel screen time so she's the frosting to their preferred flavor of cake.

i have no issue with anyone's preferences....i just don't care for this 'either/or' attitude. if folks want vala, fine....but why does it have to come as the expense of sam? Why does cam have to come at the expense of sam?

it's a given that, by adding characters, there will be a bit of a reduction of the existing ones. there are only so many lines to go around. however reduction does not equal elimination.

I could be completely wrong, but I think we are going to see quite a bit of Sam and Cam in the second half. I don't think Cam will take away from Sam too much--and I actually still look forward to seeing how their interaction plays out. I think TPTB have to spend a little more time on Mitchell in this season so that we do get to know and CARE about him---but I think they need to do this by having him interact ALOT with Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c.

I also don't see alot of Mitchell fans wanting him to take away from the other characters---they just want to see MORE of him, and I can understand that, given what we've seen so far. I don't want Mitchell to be front and center and I hope that won't happen, but I do think he needs to be better integrated into the show if SG1 is to succeed. What will be interesting is if Cam is perceived as taking away from Daniel time by some fans. If so, then these particular fans might turn on Cam really fast. And yes, the hype of BB from JM and others does bother me too---the more they push, the more I want to resist, but I'm trying not too because it isn't BB's fault. I have to admit, though, that I don't find BB's portrayal compelling as of yet, particularly as "the leading man." But this could be the writers' fault.

I see Sam, Mitchell, Daniel and Teal'c and an ensemble---and one that has potential. They each deserve equal time, IMO. I hope we see this kind of balance in the second half. There is a chance we will.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
            So your from Statesboro - I went to Valdosta State College for my undergrad degree, it was VSU when I went back for the Masters - played in the pit for the Jekyll Island Summer Musicals one summer.
            Yeah I've from da 'Boro.

EWWWWWW! I'm sorry you were on Jekyll Island. Nasty beaches. *blech*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
              Anybody but George Lucas, please! LOL
              HAHAHA

I can't wait for the line where Teal'c goes 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!'

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/samfan/SV-Idea.jpg

sam - "uh, thor.... i know we're trying this whole cultural exchange thing, but when i said try a banana, i meant orally.... "
                Quick! Someone get me the mind cleansing bleach! I need to clean my mind! That is NOT an image I want in my head. Get it out! Get it out! NOW!

*sally did a bad, bad thing...she left the door to the gutter open... LOL
                sigpic

Comment

Well my most awesome Samandans, I'm outa here. I have a big day tomorrow and I'm not feeling all that hot or well. I'm off to watch some more reruns of SG1 and then hit the sack.

Sweet dreams and good night/morning/day.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                    Well my most awesome Samandans, I'm outa here. I have a big day tomorrow and I'm not feeling all that hot or well. I'm off to watch some more reruns of SG1 and then hit the sack.

Sweet dreams and good night/morning/day.
                    Awww... ((((((SunKrux)))))))

Hope you feel better.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Awww... ((((((SunKrux)))))))

Hope you feel better.
                      Me too, Sun. And have a good "big day" tomorrow!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Okay, here's a shameless teaser from Anni's "First Star I See Tonight" that I mentioned earlier (I didn't write it, so I ain't got no humility!)

Originally posted by First Star I See Tonight
                        Dust and smoke filled the air with an acrid stench. The plaintive whine of an engine preceded a firestorm of superheated wreckage, scattering to the four winds and leaving a shallow crater in its wake.

"Garon! Get down!"

Dropping her P-90 in its harness, Sam Carter tucked her head to her chest and rolled. With a twist of her arm, she reached for the sleeve of the startled Tok'ra man at her side, wrenching it harshly and yanking him off his feet.

Amidst a barrage of dirt and small rocks, they tumbled for what seemed an eternity. There was blood in her mouth and debris that tasted like mud, but they reached the bottom of the small valley in-tact.

Rolling forward, Carter hauled her traveling companion to his feet. His lip was torn and his right arm looked sprained. She surveyed him for a silent second before glancing up at the ridge.

Light. Voices. A low, rumbling moan. There wasn't any time for pity.

"Run," she hissed, skidding into the inky night without a second glance. She assumed that he would follow, and she was right.
                        I'm beta reading it, so naturally, I'm not completely impartial.

mini(the Carter-fan-gurl)geek

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sam - "uh, thor.... i know we're trying this whole cultural exchange thing, but when i said try a banana, i meant orally.... "

sally
                          Naughty! But cute!

Just sayin'.
                          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                          sigpic
                          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                            SG-1 in a feature length movie in the PAST?!?! Noooooooooooooo!

That ship has sailed, man! Let's move forward!
                            Exactly, Spaz. I like backstory, don't get me wrong, but only if it's a whole movie or novel based on one element of a backstory, not of it's similar to "en episode that might have occured in season x"... So I'd watch a movie which was, say, Jack's days in black ops... but I'd rather not see a season 2 mission that didn't get to air. And if it's a team movie, I really think it has to take place now, or in future.

Comment

ok, how about to get us all off the depressing topic of cam/daniel/vala

let's play pretend. pick a moment, any moment in the past 8 years. a t urning moment of an epsidoe, a whole bit...if you could change anything, what would it be?

the ending of red sky? what if sam hadn't been rescued by jack in desp meas? What if Jolinar had lived? What if Cassie hadn't?

what existiing plot twist or moment would you love to see as 'reality' and why?
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                I actually am one who wouldn't mind the idea of this being like say a "lost" SG-1 adventure from say, Season 2, 3 or 4. Hearing Sam being called Captain or Major would be a hoot in itself...but I'm so dang desperate for some kind of team dynamic on the new show, I'll take a "new" original team episode like that...that is if that's what they're saying.

i was just talking to a friend about this maybe-movie, and i said to her i didn't want it to be the movie they'd talked about once, that was a lost ep of season 2. not to insult the actors, but i don't think any of them can pass for their season 2 selves anymore.

here's an idea....

spoilers for s9's season finale

Spoiler:
                                we know that season 9 will end with a cliff hanger, so what if the show doesn't get renewed?... could this movie tie up the cliff hanger?

it didn't say that ben/mitchell wouldnt' be in it, only that the four originals are interested in doing it.

i just would prefer that movie that wasn't about the past.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X