Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    in ascension, the importance of that scene was, iirc, the fact that sam had already been cleared and no one had told her. it fed into her feelings of paranoia and insecurity. also her sense of betrayal.

she trusts these boys implicitly...then not only to they just deliver a flip 'you've been working too much' when she says she's said something, they also dont' seem to care that she's been proven sane

it sets up her keeping orlin even more of a secret and also why she seems to shift her trust from her friends to orlin.

what i wish was that all these scenes would get put into the dvd's
    I don't understand why they don't put them into DVD's. Other shows, like "Smallville" and Veronica Mars will put them into dvd's.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
    Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey
      *s*******

Really? You now 73.2% of statistics are made up??

P.S It's my birthday today! Just thought I'd share cos I'm such a glory-hog
      OH, no! I can't believe I missed it. I'm sorry! Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a great day and made a wish that comes true.

Comment

i can't believe no one's spread the word yet

congrations to sg1fan for her wins in the stargate awards!!!!

i didn't look for all of them but i remember beautiful mind, overtime and what will it take being featured as winners

so it's a great day in samanda. we have winners to celebrate!!!

where's that cake???
        Thanks for letting us know, Sky! Congrats to Sg1fan, Astro, Über and Sky ! We have such talented people on this thread. CG with her great humor and poems, and so many more.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Alas, Strix varia (Queen's Bodyguard) and Chopin Gal (Court Jester) did not win
          So they'll have to settle for Royal Accountant's sloe gin!
          http://forum.gateworld.net/newreply....eply&p=4586010
          Sorry you didn't win. Congratulations on the nominations. Considering all the great entries, it's a great honor to be nominated.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
            Yes it is bizarre andhopefully, especially now that she HAS addressed it in a publication the questions will be asked at Gabit and we can hopefuly, from her perspective, get some additional clarification and information on the co-leadership issue.

My big question NOW, in light of this interview would be: how equitable is the leadership split? How is the spilt made or is it just random? Does Carter lead more than one ep? Does Carter identify herself as "THis is SG1 Leader" - oh wait nix that question almost everyone knows Carter would NOT have to identify herself as the leader because it is a given that she should be and is the leader.

Anyway, hopefully someone going to Gabit can help with these questions and thanks in advance.
            I tried to green you for 2 very well posts, but you know how it is. Needless to say, I'm more than just a little irked regarding the whole leadership issue.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              i'm glad that it is at least a co-leading thing (which some of us were seeing before joe mentioned), but i'd still prefer that it was sam's lead all to herself. OR, if behind the scenes things made that difficult for the show, then a moment on screen where sam not having it (and not feeling bad about it) is addressed either between her and mitchell or her and landry. or all three.
              Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                Maybe we should get an aviary. Jerin would love to take care of the birds in addition to the Royal Menagerie.
                Thank you! I'm already housing the representatives for the duck, the emu, the falcon, the penguin, and the tweety. they're getting along quite well with Abbie and the rest of the Samanda animals, in true Samanda style. Although, the royal grooming facilities are completely tied up. I have put in the paperwork for expanding the grooming salons. tried to green you on the Samanda channel. I literally LOL and people at work asked what was going on.
                On a side note, I'm sorry everyone for the multiple posts. I still don't have internet on the weekend, so I'm catching up a lot on Mondays, which makes it harder to post in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  Maybe we should get an aviary. Jerin would love to take care of the birds in addition to the Royal Menagerie.
                  LOL at you and 1speed today but no green jello, alas! These are great ... and 1speed, ouch! I thought I was the jester around here! "the puddy tat" line had me ROTF.

I confess - I LOVED Tweety and Sylvester when I was a kid ... so Tweety is definitely in the running.

But, Lys - you may have solved our dilemma - A Royal Aviary for Jerin to maintain ... how's that Pet Sitter, can you handle the birds too (with the exception of the Royal Hens)?!

What say, Samandans? All in favor of a Royal Aviary?!

Comment

what i think....rob may be a decent enough writer...but it does take a different personna to be a show runner...and i don't know if he has the backbone to stand up to the network. maybe he caves too easily, or simplyu doesn't have the time to fight...so we end up with too much skiffy interferance

as to the leadership thing....what i again think. skiffy wants ben to be the boss, he is the leading man after all and l ord only knows that it's jsut not possible for a *gasp* woman to lead the team/show

however i do think that bridge knows that ben isn't quite the 'best' person to be the leader and that the fans aren't likely to accept it and that sam deserves it...so they try for a compromise....co-leaders. skiffy gets what they want, the fans get what they want - screw reality and what should be - and it's a compromise
                    It's a nice compromise, right? The guys from Stargate make sure they don't make the same tactical mistakes as the guys from Farscape, and SciFi makes sure they don't make the same mistakes as THEY made not too long ago.

However... a mistake is bound to be made at some point. It's only a matter of time before the two may not be able to fully compromise and find common ground - rather than for SG-1, this may eventually come to pass for Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                      Erm, no. I let the producing part to our Royal Videographer. I don't want her to turn into the Royal Pain in the Mik'ta otherwise I'd have to duck again.
                      I'm gonna apply for the director's position, mmmkay?

Comment

All in favor of a Royal Aviary?!
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

LOL at you and 1speed today but no green jello, alas! These are great ... and 1speed, ouch! I thought I was the jester around here! "the puddy tat" line had me ROTF.

I confess - I LOVED Tweety and Sylvester when I was a kid ... so Tweety is definitely in the running.

But, Lys - you may have solved our dilemma - A Royal Aviary for Jerin to maintain ... how's that Pet Sitter, can you handle the birds too (with the exception of the Royal Hens)?!

What say, Samandans? All in favor of a Royal Aviary?!
                          Yes a nice BIG Aviary like at the San Diego Zoo - so we can hold all our fine feathered friends

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                            Sing along now, boys and girls...

"I Thor, I Thor a puddy-tat, a' cweepin' up on me... "

Tweety sings:
                            I'm a tweet wittle birdy locked in tage. Tweetys my name but I don't know my age. I don't have to worry and dat is dat. I'm safe and sound from that ol' puddy tat.

Hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              I'm gonna apply for the director's position, mmmkay?
                              And who's going to be the writer ?
                              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                And who's going to be the writer ?
                                I think a group of five should work: ChopinGal and golfbooy are two that come to mind. That means we have three open positions for the taking, should they accept.

Are ya interested, Lys?

Comment

Working...
                                X