• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    /*delurking*/
    <<I snipped>>
    *waves hello to everyone*
    I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for all the lovely emails and PM's I have recieved. I can't express enough how much your kind words of encouragement have helped me over the past week or so. I truly miss joining in with all of the conversations you have been tossing around lately, but it looks as if Samanda has some fresh, new blood to keep the flame alive.

OT: I think I may have found another babysitter for Kallesta so the trip to London/Gabit is looking more realistic. Perhaps when I'm sitting in the Renaissance Hotel, sipping on a Margarita, the excitement of meeting AT will finally hit me, but until then I don't think I'm going to get my hopes up too high.

P.S And a big thanks to CG for her post. I didn't realize until after I posted this that she had made a post earlier.
    /*lurking*/
    Great flyby, ForeverSg1! And I'm reallyreallyreally (that's in crossing my fingers really) hoping you make GABIT 'cause it means so much to you and it would be nice if you could! Positive thoughts your way.

Just sayin'.
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

She's going to look
      GREAT
      in motion pictures!

Comment

Happy Birthday, AD!

*i've got a surprise for you, so why don't you come up and see me sometime... *

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

sig by PM

Comment

Wow, got here with little time to spare to wish AD a

Happy Birthday

Hope you had a great day!!!
            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
            Hic Comitas Regit
            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55

And I do think Jolinar needed to die. I'd hate for a main character to be a Tokra (though I liked Jacob recurring). But Jolinar did open up lots of story elements.
              i wouldn't have liked sam staying tok'ra either, *especially* if something like that happened now. if sam became a tok'ra now, it would change her permanently into a different person. a hybrid.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

regarding amanda's latest interview in the stargate magazine... is anyone else getting the feeling that amanda is having to fight (for what's fair/best) for her character? and if so, after 9 years of surving on this show, isn't that a shame....

am i reading too much into it?

thoughts?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday,

l
                  l
                  Agent Dark!

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                    <snipping my own post here, but leaving the Enigma hatin'.>

I'll cut it off at Season Four for now, maybe I'll run through the next few in a bit.

Ooh, wait, I thought of another. Enigma. It's an enigma to me how anyone can stand this episode. Yeah, it brought us Mayborne, the UAV, and the return of the Nox, but it also brought Narim's creepy infatuation with Sam. Still, that's not my problem. I can accept sci-fi cliches. I can accept the excuse that Sam is hot and, hell, who could resist? What I can't stand about Enigma, and the Tollan by extension, is the crazy, slip-shod writing when it comes to "explaining" Tollan technology. Narim's dismissal of quantum physics as a "misconception" always irked me, especially since The Torment of Tantalus validates our (and the 4 races too, apparently) interpretation of the atom state. And, when Daniel questions Omoc about folding space only to be dismissed as a child, I get angry at his little twig bending spiel for the same reason. Folding space is exactly the concept behind Omoc's little transmission thingy, and the "oh, no, don't think about it that much" part of the episode has always bothered the hell out of me.
                    Right, well, continuing on finally to season five, I can agree with Skydiver about Red Sky. It's the Enkarrans all over again, going for the light and fluffy ending.

And I'd definitely NOT include the Lantash/Martouf/Sam bits in Summit and Last Stand. In my view, the meeting of the System Lords, Osiris' return, and the destruction of the Tok'ra more than fill up the space. That it was a Daniel focused story didn't bother me, and ultimately not getting JR Bourne back should have killed that whole storyline. Instead we got some freaky psuedo-goodbye with Lt. Elliot. Frankly, all that whole spiel did was make me happy Martouf was dead already. I don't think TPTB ever had a clear picture of what they wanted to do with him.

In Cure, I'd have done more with Egeria. In fact contrary to my insatiable bloodthirst (at least that's what I'm told), I'd have her live. Sam possibly earning some modicum of redemption or closure for the whole Jolinar thing through Egeria would have been interesting. At least for me, that is.

Oh, yes, there's also Smoke and Mirrors. I hate bad ideas on Stargate, but I hate lazy writing even more. This is a great episode for Carter, but not even that can redeem it.

On to season seven, and another Sam episode I'd change. Oh well. It's Space Race. I hate the announcers. If they were running that short, then Damien Kindler should have been forced to take his Trek-laden brain and write some more.

Chimaera, well, let's just say I think we've flogged that one to death.

I'll cut it off there, as I can't be bothered with spoiler tags right now.

Comment

Just a little note to say Happy Birthday Agent_Dark! I hope it was a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        good news, sky one have the full opening credits and they look amazing.
                        not so good news, BB is top of the bill!
                        it goes: stargate sg-1; ben browder, amanda tapping, christopher judge, with beau bridges and michael shanks as...

just thought i'd let y'all know.
                        Thanks! That's pretty much what I expected given the way the credits have been listed so far. I can't wait to see them!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          regarding amanda's latest interview in the stargate magazine... is anyone else getting the feeling that amanda is having to fight (for what's fair/best) for her character? and if so, after 9 years of surving on this show, isn't that a shame....

thoughts?

sally

I think you're right, sally, but I don't think it's anything new. I get the impression that AT has had to nudge (push) TPTB for most of the nine years. She's mentioned that she talked to them early in the series about just writing Sam as a soldier and letting Amanda take care of making her feminine. She had to really push to be able to direct an episode (wasn't it written into her contract that year?) And I think it was at her prodding that they delved into Sam's personal life in the last few seasons. Somehow I doubt she would have seen it the way they did, though.

NC

Comment

AD: "Sing, sing for me, my beauty!"

Sam: "Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you
                            Happy Birthday dear AD, happy birthday to you"

Hope it was a fun day and that you're enjoying your Amanda Birthday Collection from some of our more creative Samandans ... quite an imaginative group we've got here! It looks like a Victoria Secret catalog!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

thoughts?

sally

Nope. I thought I was paranoid, but it's looking just like that. And after 9 years of consistent, loyal work? Someone PLEASE try to tell me that this not gender related. Please. Just try.

I am NOT in a good mood.

Again. :rollseyes:

Comment

/*delurking once again*/

After weeks of begging me for a Geek!Sam wall, I finally got off my bum and made one for Uber ( sorry umlauts are not in my contract ). I decided to share it with the rest of my Samandan family. Hope you like it.

Geek!Sam

/*crawls back into the shadows*/

Comment

Working...
                                X