Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by golfbooy
    I know I'm coming to the party kind of late, but my own take on this is that the post speaks for itself, and not in the way the author was intending. I'd like to think that whenever Joe gets around to reading it (if he ever does) he has the same visceral reaction to it that each of us does. It's so out there that he couldn't possibly take it seriously, and if it gives him cause to take the author and his ilk less seriously than before, then I'm all for more posts just like it.

I also hope that he'll read it and realize that such people are extremely pleased with this season and the turn the show has taken, which will hopefully make him wonder in turn about some of the decisions being made. Maybe it will help him to understand how many fans must NOT be totally enthralled with the current state of all things Stargate. And, particularly, I'd hope that he sees that both sides of the HateSam/LoveSam debate are seeing the same type of problems with Cam's character.

Of course, he'll probably just chalk it up to another fandom wackjob, have a good laugh, and never think about it again. After all, that's what I'm gonna do with it.
    See the thing is, I don't have any problem with people who like or love Vala. Heck, I do too!

My problem is with those who want Vala/Daniel all the time...at the expense of the others...ESPECIALLY Sam. The fact that CB was there to temporarily fill in the role as a strong leading female and that she being there means more Daniel only fuels anti-Sam fervor.

And on a side note: is it just me or are some of them kinda pulling for Cam/Daniel? Kind of a Jack/Daniel part 2?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
      New interview on Stargate Project with Martin Wood http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...te=news&ID=629
      I hope that it's true and we'll know something soon.

Comment

UberSG-1Fan wrote
        And on a side note: is it just me or are some of them kinda pulling for Cam/Daniel? Kind of a Jack/Daniel part 2?

Well cosidering that GateAngel and Ali888 belong to the Solutions site, yes it's a good possibility. I checked out their forum while there, you just sign in as a guest.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          regarding the supposed new stargate movie (that would include rda)... i'll get excited about it when i see that's it's really in the go.

i hope so, though!

sally
          I am with you there. But, also, I can't help but wonder, does that mean it's the end of the TV show or will it just be similar to what they did with the X-Files? I mean, didn't the Stargate PTB say they would do a Stargate movie to finish up? Sure hope, that's not what it is, just wondering.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            [http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/samfan/SV-Idea.jpg

sam - "uh, thor.... i know we're trying this whole cultural exchange thing, but when i said try a banana, i meant orally.... "

sally
            Hmmm...the mind of majorsal
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally Posted by ÜberSG-1Fan:
              My problem is with those who want Vala/Daniel all the time...at the expense of the others...ESPECIALLY Sam. The fact that CB was there to temporarily fill in the role as a strong leading female and that she being there means more Daniel only fuels anti-Sam fervor.

Oh, I don't think they need any additional fuel for their anti-Sam fervor. And, to be honest, it's not the anti-Sam fervor that really bothers me. Let's face it, that has been around for quite awhile now. What bothers me is the idea that all other established characters should take a back seat to the glorious new characters we've created. The fanatics who piss me off are the ones who want Vala back at any cost. The only reason Daniel is even mentioned is because said crazy fans are convinced that Vala can't exist without Daniel (whether or not they're right is irrelevant to my point). It they could concieve of a way for Vala to usurp Teal'c's or Lam's role, then they'd be pushing for the show to go in that direction too.

To be honest, it's this same incessant pushing of new characters that has soured me on Cameron Mitchell, to an extent. I still don't hate Mitchell; I think he can do better. But I'm absolutely sick of hearing in every article, magazine, blog entry, whatever, how terrific Mitchell is and what a great job Ben Browder is doing. I was able to tolerate all of the preseason hype about Mitchell/Browder because it was just that, preseason hype. After all, he was the new addition, and it was only right to put that out there. That's what marketing is all about. But for some reason I was really bothered by Joe Mallozzi's last blog. I get that TPTB are taking a heap of criticism over Mitchell from just about every corner of fandom. I get that they're trying to justify the character's existence to everyone, and probably to themselves. I get that they sort of need people to like Mitchell somewhat. I do. I get all of that. So maybe I'm being too damn sensitive and "fannish" myself. But it just seems that the Mitchell pimping isn't going to stop anytime soon. And the attitude that "Carter, Teal'c, and Daniel don't need to be pimped, so don't worry about saying great things about them" is starting to grate just a little. As I said, maybe it's just me, and maybe I'm being unreasonable.

Anyway, as for your Daniel/Cam observation, I agree. I can't say I'm surprised, either. And it's not that I think that envisioning such a pairing is weird; I couldn't really care less. What I do think is weird is the necessity to see homosexual pairings in every show, between every single male character. I mean, if it's there, if it's implied, then great. But let's face it, most of the time there's really just a disturbing amount of projection going on.

Bah, that's too much negativity. Hey!!, how about that Martin Wood and his crazy, teasing hints? The idea of a movie with those four principals puts that stupid "Stargate" grin on my face, no matter how nebulous of an actualilty it is at the moment. Yay!

Comment

To be honest, it's this same incessant pushing of new characters that has soured me on Cameron Mitchell, to an extent. I still don't hate Mitchell; I think he can do better. But I'm absolutely sick of hearing in every article, magazine, blog entry, whatever, how terrific Mitchell is and what a great job Ben Browder is doing.
                Ditto. It's not just you. I want to like Mitchell, but there are definite issues. And I don't think it's entirely BB's take on the character. I think he's been directed this way (given the script he's been given...).

Anyway, as for your Daniel/Cam observation, I agree. I can't say I'm surprised, either. And it's not that I think that envisioning such a pairing is weird; I couldn't really care less. What I do think is weird is the necessity to see homosexual pairings in every show, between every single male character. I mean, if it's there, if it's implied, then great. But let's face it, most of the time there's really just a disturbing amount of projection going on.
                It doesn't bother me, as long as they don't use it as a vehicle to bash Sam somehow. It's like my thing for Sam/Janet. It's soooooo not in the script, but to each their own.

My LJ

Comment

<snippety doo da-ing intriguing and insightful observations for this>

Hey!!, how about that Martin Wood and his crazy, teasing hints? The idea of a movie with those four principals puts that stupid "Stargate" grin on my face, no matter how nebulous of an actualilty it is at the moment. Yay!
                  I actually am one who wouldn't mind the idea of this being like say a "lost" SG-1 adventure from say, Season 2, 3 or 4. Hearing Sam being called Captain or Major would be a hoot in itself...but I'm so dang desperate for some kind of team dynamic on the new show, I'll take a "new" original team episode like that...that is if that's what they're saying.

Or is this a current kind of story with Jack as a 2 star, plus Sam as a Lt. Colonel??? Does anyone know what the timeframe of the proposed story is??? (hopefully Amanda will style her hair to match the appropriate era...and Chris... will he have to shave his head?!?? )

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    Hey SunKrux would this be the Burbank FS Con - if so I will be there on Sunday only - marching band comp on Saturday - I'll be driving down Sat night
                    That would be the one. I've been every year but the second year it was held. ;D I'm a geek and proud of it! LOL
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey
                      Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!!!

And just for the hell of it:

LOL That's one of my fav pics of AT. Made my day! Thanks!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        I tossed out my $.02 worth of snark, as well. Not as eloquent as MB's, but heartfelt!

See... I'm just not worried about TPTB taking these folks seriously. They have revealed themselves for what they are: seriously whacko, rabid nut cases. Personally, I think it's wonderful. If they sounded sane and rational, their criticisms might be taken seriously. But how could *anyone* with half a brain read comments like those without laughing out loud? (An indignant Mary Beth, aside...)

Nicely stated! This is so true! The more outrageous and mean-spirited are the comments of these vocal few, the more obvious it is that they cannot be taken seriously. I feel like you do -- not worried about them because TPTB could not take their view seriously.

About the possibility of a Stargate movie! I remember that JM, in his thread, said that they planned to do a movie for DVD this off-season (between season 8 and 9) but did not because of AT's pregnancy. So maybe, just maybe, they are planning to do one this off-season, between season 9 and 10! If they did this and it is true that all four would be willing---that would be fantastic.

Comment

i'm not surprised about the cam/daniel. for those who prefer daniel in a relationship that's same gender, cameron is a no brainer for the newest boytoy of daniel's. if they preferred daniel/teal'c, well then they'd have no issue cause it'd have existed by now.

as to SOME of the daniel/vala fans....well the cynical part of me thinks that a lot of it has to do with daniel. vala is great because if vala is in the show....well to avoid the farscape connection, she hasn't had much screen time with cam so it's obvious that any vala screem time will equal daniel screen time so she's the frosting to their preferred flavor of cake.

i have no issue with anyone's preferences....i just don't care for this 'either/or' attitude. if folks want vala, fine....but why does it have to come as the expense of sam? Why does cam have to come at the expense of sam?

it's a given that, by adding characters, there will be a bit of a reduction of the existing ones. there are only so many lines to go around. however reduction does not equal elimination.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                            Captions?

I know what chocolate tastes like, and this is NOT it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Posting for Annunaki (who refuses to come here and advertise for herself!). But she's got a kick-butt new Carter!Fic in the works, she's begun posting it on fanfiction.net - it does have a Sam/Jack thread running through it (they're engaged with it starts) but from what she tells me and what I've read so far in beta, it's got a heck of a lot of Sam kicking a$$ and taking names!

If anyone's interested in following along, she's got some chapters up on ff.net here, and already, Sam gets to use two guns at the same time. Thank you, John Woo!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2623406/1/

mini(of to re-read!)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

SG-1 in a feature length movie in the PAST?!?! Noooooooooooooo!

That ship has sailed, man! Let's move forward!

Comment

Working...
                                X