Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suse View Post
    She's a star, a gem, sparkly!
    sparkly, glittery, shiny ... and very down to earth.

Comment

Yes, a sparkly star - who has the knowledge to blow up a sun.
      sigpic

Comment

You blow up one sun, and suddenly people expect you to walk on water!

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Love that line.

"Next up, parting the Red Sea."
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I love my team!

It was fun to see MS on Sanctuary, but even more fun to listen to the commentary with AT & MS.

Comment

i came up with a story in my head, where helen was sent to our universe, where there's the stargate program but no abnormals... and she's stuck here!

this was my idea for another stargate series, but with helen as the female lead.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

i watched this vid and thought of how funny it would be to be made into a sanct parody one

http://blastr.com/2011/04/watch-why-you-should-be-g.php
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                  I'm confused. Don't most people in this thread Adore Sam/Amanda the "mostest"? If two stars are standing there calling my name with a hand full of treats I now which one I would run to. heheh *Wags happy tail*
                  I'll agree with that right down to the tail-wagging.
                  Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                  Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    i watched this vid and thought of how funny it would be to be made into a sanct parody one

http://blastr.com/2011/04/watch-why-you-should-be-g.php

LOL... Luke: Despair!... hehe... For those that parle français, muet it to get the joke.
                    Last edited by Steff; 27 April 2011, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kunoichi View Post
                      I'm another one in the 'didn't really care for season 9 and 10' club, for all the reasons people have just mentioned (Sam not getting command, super-cam, vala, dumbing down of characters and plot lines, ignoring cannon, continuity and past stories, dodgy innuendo based jokes as opposed to the cynical observational humoir we'd had in the past etc). I tend to watch seasons 9 and 10 with my teeth gritted, waiting for Sam or Teal'c to turn up or watching Sam react to stuff in the background. As much as I liked him as part of the original team, the interaction Daniel had with Vala, made watching him difficult on many occasions too. I suspect I'll get to the point where I fast forward 9 and 10, stop at the Sam bits and fast forward again.

While seasons 9 & 10 are not my favourites (and I think I have only watched the eps without Sam once) there are things I like about those years. Although they were few and far between there were some nice Sam episodes (eg. TRNT, LITS) and team episodes (the multi-parter where the go on the quest for the grail).

I also liked how the friendship developed between Sam and Cam. After all the angst of Sam/Jack in season 8 it was nice to see Sam have a fun and easy-going relationship with Cam (love the cookie baking )

Originally posted by Kunoichi View Post
                      I thought that in season 9 and 10, and in Atlantis in general, the portrayal of the female characters was very much more cliched and weaker than it had been in the early seasons of SG-1 (with Sam and Janet being strong, well rounded characters not forced to wear skimpy clothing and be back up to the males).
                      Should have kept reading before I posted my comments about Joe F. See above.

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                      One of my favorite "Sam with a gun" moments is in The Warrior when Jack has her give the demonstration of the P90 to the Jaffa.
                      Love that!

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                      Oh, I love me some kickass Carter.

That makes me ask the question:

What is your favorite Carter?
                      1. Soldier Sam
                      2. Science-geek/technobabble Sam
                      3. Personal Sam (boyfriends/non-mission/personal moments)
                      4. other
                      I'd have to say #2 although I wouldn't call it geek Sam. I love that this character repeatedly saved the day by using her brain. That is what most impressed me from the start.

scifithinker!!!

Great to see you!
                      DITTO!

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                      Just watched some of the bloopers that linked to as well. How do they ever get anything filmed with all that goofiness?? AT really does have the best job in the world!
                      It is amazing. AT can nail a scene and then as she walks out of frame she starts a goofy model-on-the-catwalk kind of walk. RyRo is juggling one minute and filming the next. They admit they have the greatest jobs. RD just did an interview on Space where he said he would love to play Will for 15 years or more. I say amen to that!

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                      Tapping Tuesday
                      I want my face to move when I laugh. I want my daughter to see that too.

I love that comment!

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                      having just looked at skydiver's and frostfox's posts i have to say ever since i joined gateworld i do feel like some sam and daniel fans have a problem with each others characters can i ask why? was their a really bad rivalry during the show? imo they are both great characters and i loved them both.
                      Only a small segment of fans (and I don't count skydiver or FF among them). I think the vast majority love all the main characters. I know I do.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                        Citation on the bolded?

At one point this thread had a motto of 'Here Kindness Reigns' and was about how kind and talented and generous one actress was. Not about about your decades old, petty fannish feuds with her other cast members. I'm sure Amanda would be very proud of you all.

FF
                        Well, I certainly didn't mean to start anything up. I was just confused, as I came into the whole fandom late anyway. I was under the impression she and Jack were the show, but I was apparently wrong. I absolutely love Daniel, but I guess I assumed she would be second billed, being the 2IC. Silly me.

I'm just glad she stuck it out and rode out all the things that happen over a decade doing the same show. There are plenty who don't. She earned her stripes and now she's got the crown.

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                        having just looked at skydiver's and frostfox's posts i have to say ever since i joined gateworld i do feel like some sam and daniel fans have a problem with each others characters can i ask why? was their a really bad rivalry during the show? imo they are both great characters and i loved them both.
                        Sam and Daniel were my favorite characters in the whole series (and Janet when we got her). I don't know why there would be animosity... except maybe between Sam/Jack shippers and Daniel/Jack shippers.
                        Last edited by Feast of the Muse; 27 April 2011, 04:12 PM. Reason: adding a reply
                        Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                        Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                          If you paid attention during the Sanctuary opening Amanda is listed before the opening title just like RDA was for Stargate. She's the star and she has definitely earned it. Go Amanda!!!
                          Yeah, she put in the hard work and paid her dues during her years on Stargate, and now is putting all that to use to make Sanctuary a success. It's quite amazing how far she and the whole team have come in just a few years.

A chain and a pipe (as well as those legs) aren't good enough?
                          LOL! Breach was awesome, I just think a fencing duel would also be cool!

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                          Tapping Tuesday
                          Aww, love her answer to Q3.

sigpic

Comment

http://www.4shared.com/video/75xWpff...nce_remix.html

Fun Sam video by our own JanSam
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                              Aww, love her answer to Q3.
                              Me too! That is a subject I have not dared broach around here for fear of being flamed. Matter of fact, I'm putting this is spoilers, so any of you should skip it if you think you'll be offended by a real conversation about AT's body.

Spoiler:
                              I do love that she isn't one of those model-hot figures that so many actresses try to be. She is instead a real, as-things-are woman - and I find that much more attractive. She actually has curves. I love that. I like that she's put on a little weight since playing Sam, too. Her cheeks are adorable! It makes all of her features more elegant somehow. (And I love the little curve of the belly. Flame me if you like. To me it says "I am a powerful woman" - I assume because of the chakra that lies there.)

I find it refreshing that you can find a woman on TV that isn't doing some crazy diet or working out and all built up with no softness. You can actually kick ass without looking like a fitness instructor. I love that Helen gives her the outlet to show a gorgeous, feminine woman who not only keeps up with the boys, but puts them in their place. And that without visibly defined deltoids or flashing tight abs. She is a real woman. And a superhero.

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                                Me too! That is a subject I have not dared broach around here for fear of being flamed. Matter of fact, I'm putting this is spoilers, so any of you should skip it if you think you'll be offended by a real conversation about AT's body.

Spoiler:
                                I do love that she isn't one of those model-hot figures that so many actresses try to be. She is instead a real, as-things-are woman - and I find that much more attractive. She actually has curves. I love that. I like that she's put on a little weight since playing Sam, too. Her cheeks are adorable! It makes all of her features more elegant somehow. (And I love the little curve of the belly. Flame me if you like. To me it says "I am a powerful woman" - I assume because of the chakra that lies there.)

I find it refreshing that you can find a woman on TV that isn't doing some crazy diet or working out and all built up with no softness. You can actually kick ass without looking like a fitness instructor. I love that Helen gives her the outlet to show a gorgeous, feminine woman who not only keeps up with the boys, but puts them in their place. And that without visibly defined deltoids or flashing tight abs. She is a real woman. And a superhero.
                                i can't green. nice post.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X