Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
    Just watched some of the bloopers that linked to as well. How do they ever get anything filmed with all that goofiness?? AT really does have the best job in the world!
    All the giggles. hehe. And the "Chipmuck" comes out to play when things are really wild on the set. hehe

"We just came in from Kent" lol
    Last edited by Steff; 26 April 2011, 08:52 PM. Reason: Add Video.

Comment

Tapping Tuesday

Hi Everyone! Worked late! Sorry for making you wait! Xo Amanda

Q1 - Ruthie Rink - Why did Sanctuary move to Mondays? I really miss Sci-Fi Fridays...

A1a - I don't know the answer to that. It was a network decision. I think research seemed to suggest we would do well on that night.

A1b - Hope you all agree!!

Q2 - Jenna Staloch - Hello, Amanda! What are your thoughts (and/or fears!) about being directed by Robin in an upcoming episode?

A2a - I could give you a lot of funny answers, but honestly he will be a wonderful director.

A2b - He will be earnest and prepared and terribly cute! Assuming he keeps his pants on!

Q3 - Madi Trupp Hey Amanda! What advice do you have for young women about image and how you deal with the pressure to stay thin & beautiful?

A3 a - It is not easy! I struggle with it. I am a woman on television and am therefore judged by an insanely unattainable set of standards

A3 b - I have never fit that standard. I choose life and happiness over image.

A3 c - At the end of the day my family, my friends and my life are far more important than my weight and some wrinkles.

A3 d - I want my face to move when I laugh. I want my daughter to see that too.

Q4 - @nutmastic - in the ep 'Hangover', what was Magnus' first thought when she saw that the Sanctuary was trashed?

A4 - Dear God, they threw a party after I expressly told them not too! Naughty little monkeys!

Q5 - @KateDrewThis - How did the S4K auction do this year?

A5 - We just raised $17,000 for our first online auction of the year. AT5 raised $50,000!!! Yipppeeeeee!

Q6 - @Nazmuko - Which one do you prefer, alphabetically organized or casually chaotic?

A6 - I strive for alphabetical but live with chaos! Then I watch "Hoarders" and I panic!

thank you everyone! Good night! xo

40 minutes ago
      Last edited by iiradned; 27 April 2011, 12:49 AM. Reason: Formatting.
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        yes, she was 3rd billed, which is contributing factor to some tensions. MS was second billed and felt he was the co-star of the show, with AT and CJ as supporting...yet in a lot of ways, AT was very much the leading lady...and there was kinda a 2 way 'co leadership' of co-star.

When MS left, she got second billing, then when he returned, they weren't or couldn't knock her back down to 3rd billed, so the compromise was the 'and'

honestly, i think it speaks to AT's professionalism that she took all the junk of seasons 6-10 in stride and really didn't let it get her down. I think she put up with a lot, but has come out the other side stronger and with a far more steady career than many others.
        Citation on the bolded?

At one point this thread had a motto of 'Here Kindness Reigns' and was about how kind and talented and generous one actress was. Not about about your decades old, petty fannish feuds with her other cast members. I'm sure Amanda would be very proud of you all.

FF
        sigpic

Comment

having just looked at skydiver's and frostfox's posts i have to say ever since i joined gateworld i do feel like some sam and daniel fans have a problem with each others characters can i ask why? was their a really bad rivalry during the show? imo they are both great characters and i loved them both.
          sigpic
          The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
            having just looked at skydiver's and frostfox's posts i have to say ever since i joined gateworld i do feel like some sam and daniel fans have a problem with each others characters can i ask why? was their a really bad rivalry during the show? imo they are both great characters and i loved them both.
            From everything I've read about them, they've been great friends since Day 1 of SG1 and have just become better friends over the years. They love and respect each other (as are their feelings for RDA, CJ, DD and TR, among others), and Michael was even a guest on Sanctuary in the 1st or 2d season. I figure people just have their opinions, whether justified or not, and nobody is going to talk them out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
              Because quite simply the producers and networks are sexist, yes even in the 21st century!!!

Who else would believe that taking the commanding role off the woman currently there and giving it to an unqualified and inexperienced <beep> <beep> <beep> would be OK and no one would notice or see anything wrong with it?
              Well, haven't you all been chatty while I've been away!

It was interesting at the recent Vancouver con. Joe F talked about the struggles Tori H had on Atlantis with Weir being the leader there and how she felt that wasn't always reflected in how the character was written. Joe felt that they should have had some female writers on staff and that would have helped the female characters on SGA. Very enlightened man that Joe F.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I'm confused. Don't most people in this thread Adore Sam/Amanda the "mostest"? If two stars are standing there calling my name with a hand full of treats I now which one I would run to. heheh *Wags happy tail*

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Well, haven't you all been chatty while I've been away!

It was interesting at the recent Vancouver con. Joe F talked about the struggles Tori H had on Atlantis with Weir being the leader there and how she felt that wasn't always reflected in how the character was written. Joe felt that they should have had some female writers on staff and that would have helped the female characters on SGA. Very enlightened man that Joe F.
                  It was such a shame that a show which started off so well in the way it presented its female characters (Janet and Sam), ended up going down the route of the space bimbo/wallflower/'character there to make the male lead look good' in its later years.
                  The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    yes, she was 3rd billed, which is contributing factor to some tensions. MS was second billed and felt he was the co-star of the show, with AT and CJ as supporting...yet in a lot of ways, AT was very much the leading lady...and there was kinda a 2 way 'co leadership' of co-star.
                    Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                    Citation on the bolded?

At one point this thread had a motto of 'Here Kindness Reigns' and was about how kind and talented and generous one actress was. Not about about your decades old, petty fannish feuds with her other cast members. I'm sure Amanda would be very proud of you all.

FF
                    If you insist...
                    Spoiler:
                    http://savedanieljackson.com/

http://savedanieljackson.com/history...eamwatch.shtml
                    “Taking the responsibility for his departure firmly on his own shoulders, Shanks declares: “I think my naivety on the whole issue when I first started on the show was that I’d watched the original Stargate movie and saw where Daniel Jackson went in that. Then, when I was offered the character, especially after reading the pilot. where Daniel has a heavy port, I assumed that it was going to be more a type of ‘buddy’ show, I knew the other characters would be involved as well, but I thought that the Daniel/Jack relationship would be the central focus. That's why I signed on to do it. Plus I liked the character and only saw his development based on the original blueprint. I couldn’t and still don't see it from any other point of view.”

"I thought the Daniel/Jack relationship would be the central focus. That's why I signed on...’’

http://savedanieljackson.com/history...rit/msct.shtml
                    “From the outset my take on the whole Daniel Jackson slant was based on how I saw him in the original movie, where the character had a heavy part in the proceedings. I also thought that the relationship between Daniel and Jack O’Neill would be the focus of the show. Although the chemistry between the two characters did become an important part of SG-1, by the end of the third season the show had started to move in a different direction. One that didn’t seem to leave much for an archaeologist and linguist to do.”

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...01msdw88.shtml

"Then, when I was offered the character, especially after reading the pilot. where Daniel has a heavy port, I assumed that it was going to be more a type of ‘buddy’ show, I knew the other characters would be involved as well, but I thought that the Daniel/Jack relationship would be the central focus. That's why I signed on to do it. Plus I liked the character and only saw his development based on the original blueprint. I couldn’t and still don't see it from any other point of view.”

I know there is more, but that's a start.
                    Last edited by suse; 27 April 2011, 03:35 PM. Reason: Added link and exerpt from another (similar) article.
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

PLEASE don't let us start all that again!

Mumsey
                      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

A new to Youtube Carter video Rec. Woohoo, a Relient K song. I love them. Plus Sam is just a Bad-Asre. Love fighting-Sam.

Comment

She asked, I cited. In spoilers.

Ain't sayin' nothin' else.

Note: Anything people want to talk about regarding this subject, please PM me. Depending on the subject matter/slant, I might continue off the threads.
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

I only discovered the show about two years ago, but all I can say is that if Amanda Tapping wasn't involved in the show, I wouldn't have been watching - even though I didn't know who she was before I started watching. (plus, I've still never seen the original movie)

So, as far as I'm concerned, she's the "star" of the show.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                              I only discovered the show about two years ago, but all I can say is that if Amanda Tapping wasn't involved in the show, I wouldn't have been watching - even though I didn't know who she was before I started watching. (plus, I've still never seen the original movie)

So, as far as I'm concerned, she's the "star" of the show.
                              KayLyne.... me too... I just watched SG1 and the other stargate shows in the past few months. I am a Sanctuary Girl and found this through the Amanda trail. It has been a lovely hike here too.
                              Last edited by Steff; 27 April 2011, 02:21 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

She's a star, a gem, sparkly!
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                                X