Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    Got ya. We call it a case. Everyday beers are available by the case, better beers are only available in 6 packs (sometimes 12), the best beers are sold by the bottle.
    The best beers are sold on draft from the barrel.
    But I agree, bottle trumps can.

FF
    sigpic

Comment

Might pop over later this weekend. Got it bookmarked.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        there's airbrushing and there's airbrushing

zat a zit, even out a blemish, erase a stray hair, remove that lipstick from the teeth...one thing

tweak people so much that you know they've been airbrushed, that's when you've taken it too far IMHO.

the true photoshop artists, you never know they photoshopped a photo, anyone else are just hacks or amateurs. (like the s7 promo pic where they just cut corin out and put MS in....leaving behind part of corin's vest
        agreed... and it certainly doesnt help the body images problems that a rife in todays society... the magazine companies should be conscious of the message they are sending out...
        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Sorry, forgot a little AT story from the Vancouver con. One of the guests was Patrick Currie (Fifth) who is very cute. He talked about how cold it was in the studio the day they shot the scene where Fifth made Repli-Carter and poor AT was in a little bikini-like outfit covered in goo. He joked about wanting them to slime her with more goo but he did feel sorry for her because he was cold and he was fully clothed. Also, in the first episode he was in, he talked about the scene where he and AT were to touch heads (when Fifth has Sam come into his mind). During rehersals AT kept making different funny sounds everytime their heads would touch, making him laugh. BTW, his favourite Stargate line was "I'm not there yet". That's my favourite Fifth line and he delivered it perfectly.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

This is OT but Sky, I was checking out the Propworks auction (see GW home page for link) and one of the items up for auction is Lorne's dogtags. Just sayin'....

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hope I'm not off topic but at the Gateworld site they had the ratings for the Monday shift for Sanctuary they went from around 1.4 million viewers down to around 868,000 from Friday to Monday. So no one can say that the night doesn't make a difference. I would not have thought WWE was a good lead it but it turned out the be fantastic. If SyFy gets the message maybe they will shift it back to Fridays for season 4. Just hoping....

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                Hope I'm not off topic but at the Gateworld site they had the ratings for the Monday shift for Sanctuary they went from around 1.4 million viewers down to around 868,000 from Friday to Monday. So no one can say that the night doesn't make a difference. I would not have thought WWE was a good lead it but it turned out the be fantastic. If SyFy gets the message maybe they will shift it back to Fridays for season 4. Just hoping....
                There is a rating's thread where this has been discussed. Monday's eppy came on after a holiday weekend. Friday's episode had not advertising of the move, Saturday and Sunday people would have been busy. Not to mention Sunday had a Fact for Fiction marathon, which I wouldn't spend any time watching. So it was highly unlikely fans would have figured out the show had moved. From what I've heard, SyFy has been advertising the move quite freqently. We should hopefully see a rise in the ratings as people find out about the move.
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  Yep and north of the border
                  Actually, I found a store about 15 minutes from me that sells a fantastic selection of imported beer. England, Germany, Belgium, etc etc. One of my favorite acquisitions was a bottle of Monty Python Pale Ale. On the label it states that it was brewed over burning witches. (I had to save that bottle) I've been able to try a lot of great beers. Also, luckily, my grocery store is carrying a better supply of import and micro brews. Plus I've got my home brew.
                  Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                  William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                  Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                    The best beers are sold on draft from the barrel.
                    But I agree, bottle trumps can.

FF
                    Definitely. Some of the imports I've seen are the size of a wine bottle (and priced about the same). Though there are some imports that come in individaul large cans. Fosters of course.
                    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                    Anon

Comment

I was flipping channels last night and I happened to catch the end of "Booty Call" on Comedy Central. I made myself watch it for Amanda's cameo. And, boy was it a small part... but she got out a lot of medical terminology in her short scene! Very reminiscent of the dialogue she had to say as Sam. Was this done before or during SG-1? She sure did have the medical lingo down pat.

Comment

Released the same year:
                        Booty Call release date 26 February 1997
                        Stargate SG-1 (pilot) release date 27 July 1997
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          This is OT but Sky, I was checking out the Propworks auction (see GW home page for link) and one of the items up for auction is Lorne's dogtags. Just sayin'....
                          tempting...does lorne come with them?
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                            I was flipping channels last night and I happened to catch the end of "Booty Call" on Comedy Central. I made myself watch it for Amanda's cameo. And, boy was it a small part... but she got out a lot of medical terminology in her short scene! Very reminiscent of the dialogue she had to say as Sam. Was this done before or during SG-1? She sure did have the medical lingo down pat.
                            i knew there was a reason i bought that movie. never watched it but I'm pretty sure i have it
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I actually rented the movie a few years ago but I could not wait for Amanda's part. So I spent a lot of time fast forwarding through it to find Amanda's really, really small part.

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                                Definitely. Some of the imports I've seen are the size of a wine bottle (and priced about the same). Though there are some imports that come in individaul large cans. Fosters of course.
                                Leffe Brun is my favourite, about £2.50 for a 750ml bottle. Someone brought me a 6 litre mini barrel for xmas, it's going on holiday with me to Portmeirion in a week or two.

FF
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X