Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qasim
    Hmmm *she who must not be named*
    Oh, she can be named. She can be named all we want, because I think the character has potential and the actress who plays her has talent.

But ask me to sing Vala's praises 24/7 as of THIS time?

Uh, uh. No way.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Dear Samandans ...

The story behind GABIT ... I happened to be corresponding with one of the gals who became part of this whole event about two years ago. It all started when a group of UK fans became concerned about the way AT had been treated (by unruly fans and staff) at some of the other, larger cons. These loyal fans started to toss the idea around of "Getting Amanda Back In Town" on their terms and solely in a format that was exlusively hers, not shared with other sci-fi stars. The idea and plans grew; they consolidated themselves into a company and then moved forward in organizing the event. It is quite special and probably the first of its kind for any SG1 actor. If it's successful, GABIT may then try to bring other cast members over to London for special "one-star-only" weekends. Again, the numbers are to be kept smaller and the time with the actor to be more relaxed, informal. Of course, in theory this looks great ... we are about to see if it happens in practice. I know the GABIT4 will be doing everything in their power to guarantee a successful experience for both AT and her fans. Amanda had to cancel twice and it now seems like a go in another few weeks!

I managed to get two of the last seats for the cocktail party because I had been writing to one of the GABIT gals at the time they went up for grabs ... it was perfect timing and I just was at the right place at the right time. When the event got postponed/cancelled, I kept the option of keeping my tickets. I'm really looking forward to meeting AT in this setting ... it seems that there will be ten tables and each table will have an empty seat so that Amanda can circulate through the evening and sit at each of our tables for a bit of a "chat"! If I'm able then, I shall ask if she did, indeed, receive the SaGC Collection that we sent to her at end of summer and what she thought of it. Perhaps I'll be so overwhelmed by just having her chatting with us that I'll be speechless ... however, a speechless Jester/CG is hard to imagine!

I will try to keep a GABIT diary and will then find a way to post for you to enjoy! I'm taking all of you with me (heart and mind) on this trip!

And Coley, 1speed, Forever Sg1, and dipsofjazz are other Samandans who will be there too! Anyone else I forgot to mention?! So we all should be providing some great stories when we get back!

All in all, what a wonderful way to celebrate an amazing actress who has brought so many people together just by being who she is!

Peace, CG
      While I'm thoroughly pumped that this is a go for all of you, I'm really disturbed by the fact that people are so rude. What happened to human decency? Sheesh...

Grrr.

Thank you for brightening MY weekend up, my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
        Hey Coley - I used my Sony Cybershot for the vids I took, mine is 7.2 resoultion and it does allow you to use the zoom on vids - I was in the fourth row for those vids. My memory card is 512mgs and I have three of them. I also have a unipod for my camera to hold it steady for better pictures. I also had my laptop with me so I could dump stuff from my memory cards onto it and use them again. If you are able to take any vids I'm sure someone would be willing to host them for you. I sent mine to MB and she hosted them for everyone.

Okay you UK fans I'm jealous of the new special SkyOne will be showing. I'm hopeful that maybe they will sell the show to some US channel like maybe SciFi.

Oxford Scientific Films is also in production on its second pop-science Sky One commission, The Science of Stargate, a one-off special fronted by the US drama's star, Amanda Tapping, that looks into the science of time and space travel.

Information thanks to Morjana - here is link to the full article.
        Thanks tsax. What model is your sony cybershot? It must be newer than mine. Mine just does 5.2 res. Did you have yours on full zoom for the comic con?

I did see the schedule of the special to be hosted by AT in a sci fi mag, didn't realise it has not aired in US. I have not got satellite, so may have to beg someone who does to vid it for me. I don't know anyone with a dvd recorder.

Many thanks for putting up all the snippets from the Burbank Con. She looks great doesn't she and sounds like she was in fine form!

Comment

Once more everybody, great job on the captions! Here's our next entry:

I know TPTB didn't want people to see how tired I was looking, but this is utterly ridiculous...

Comment

Nice Cap 1speed

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
              Nice Cap 1speed
              Er, I'm not wearing one... it fell off, remember?

Acknowledgements to ChopinGal for the pic
              Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 02 October 2005, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Dear Samandans ...

The story behind GABIT ... I happened to be corresponding with one of the gals who became part of this whole event about two years ago. It all started when a group of UK fans became concerned about the way AT had been treated (by unruly fans and staff) at some of the other, larger cons. These loyal fans started to toss the idea around of "Getting Amanda Back In Town" on their terms and solely in a format that was exlusively hers, not shared with other sci-fi stars. The idea and plans grew; they consolidated themselves into a company and then moved forward in organizing the event. It is quite special and probably the first of its kind for any SG1 actor. If it's successful, GABIT may then try to bring other cast members over to London for special "one-star-only" weekends. Again, the numbers are to be kept smaller and the time with the actor to be more relaxed, informal. Of course, in theory this looks great ... we are about to see if it happens in practice. I know the GABIT4 will be doing everything in their power to guarantee a successful experience for both AT and her fans. Amanda had to cancel twice and it now seems like a go in another few weeks!

I managed to get two of the last seats for the cocktail party because I had been writing to one of the GABIT gals at the time they went up for grabs ... it was perfect timing and I just was at the right place at the right time. When the event got postponed/cancelled, I kept the option of keeping my tickets. I'm really looking forward to meeting AT in this setting ... it seems that there will be ten tables and each table will have an empty seat so that Amanda can circulate through the evening and sit at each of our tables for a bit of a "chat"! If I'm able then, I shall ask if she did, indeed, receive the SaGC Collection that we sent to her at end of summer and what she thought of it. Perhaps I'll be so overwhelmed by just having her chatting with us that I'll be speechless ... however, a speechless Jester/CG is hard to imagine!

I will try to keep a GABIT diary and will then find a way to post for you to enjoy! I'm taking all of you with me (heart and mind) on this trip!

And Coley, 1speed, Forever Sg1, and dipsofjazz are other Samandans who will be there too! Anyone else I forgot to mention?! So we all should be providing some great stories when we get back!

All in all, what a wonderful way to celebrate an amazing actress who has brought so many people together just by being who she is!

Peace, CG

This is great info, ChopinGal. It seems like this event has the potential to be the best type of convention for the actor and the fans!

When reading fan reports from cons, it seems that all the actors have faced some unruly fans, unfortunately---I can see where some fans my get overzealous! Can't wait to hear how this event goes!

And Tsaxlady---thanks for posting all these wonderful pictures and text from the Burbank con!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                  This is great info, ChopinGal. It seems like this event has the potential to be the best type of convention for the actor and the fans!

When reading fan reports from cons, it seems that all the actors have faced some unruly fans, unfortunately---I can see where some fans my get overzealous! Can't wait to hear how this event goes!
                  Wouldn't it be terrific if GABIT has such a successful "first event" that they then contract with Teryl to bring her over for a weekend con? Better yet, don't you think Teryl AND Amanda would be a great draw?! Wow - I'd love to see those two cut loose for a weekend!

Comment

Wouldn't it be terrific if GABIT has such a successful "first event" that they then contract with Teryl to bring her over for a weekend con? Better yet, don't you think Teryl AND Amanda would be a great draw?! Wow - I'd love to see those two cut loose for a weekend!

Now THAT would be terrific !
                    I wonder why AD wasn't the first one coming with this idea.
                    I mean, Amanda and Teryl, we'll need a sarcophagus to revive him.
                    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                      I wonder why AD wasn't the first one coming with this idea.
                      Because his brain would overload
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                        Thanks tsax. What model is your sony cybershot? It must be newer than mine. Mine just does 5.2 res. Did you have yours on full zoom for the comic con?

I did see the schedule of the special to be hosted by AT in a sci fi mag, didn't realise it has not aired in US. I have not got satellite, so may have to beg someone who does to vid it for me. I don't know anyone with a dvd recorder.

Many thanks for putting up all the snippets from the Burbank Con. She looks great doesn't she and sounds like she was in fine form!
                        I have the DSC-P200 which is 7.2mg - I also have a zoom attachment - I was using the zoom attachment but did not have it on full zoom. Lighting at Comic Con was also really good. ost of the other cons I have been to lighting has been a problem. They had the lights down really low in the room but they had great lighting up on the stage. Of course it meant for great picture taking but it also meant the folks on stage had a very hard time seeing it the audience.

Yes AT was really great at the Burbank Con. I know you guys are going to have a blast at GABIT. AT is so caring and funny. At the Burbank Con MS had one teenage fan that was asking questions and you could see Michael was getting uncomfortable that was when AT & CJ started playing behind the screen and Michael called them out onto the stage.

CG - you are so right, I would love to see AT & TR together they would be so funny together. It would be fun to see them do a cabaret event together - I could just see it TR singing and AT doing stand-up.

Okay all you UK peeps - The Science of Stargate special with AT will be on Sky One (UK) at 8pm on Tuesday 5th October. The special feature will try and explain if the space-hoping technology from the show could ever really be made.
                        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Okay, the Sunday-afternoon special ... what is Sam (or AT) really saying over dinner? And, to whom?! (Forget the real episode - use your imagination!)

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim

Sam thinking: Boy is this going to give me "hat hair."

Comment

Okay, the Sunday-afternoon special ... what is Sam (or AT) really saying over dinner? And, to whom?! (Forget the real episode - use your imagination!)

AT: So, I understand you've got two Sam clones, and a Janet clone? Care to explain to me exactly what you do with them?

Agent Dark: *splutter* Erm, well, I, you know...

*Well CG, you did say use your imagination... *

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                                [center] A little more from the DVD - ...

Question: Well that was my other question it seems like they are sexing up Sam what do you think of that?

AT: You know what I actually agree with it, I don’t want her to become sexualized and I don’t think she ever (“well hello” looking at the banner) (Lots of laughter) But she is not, that is not what she is about and the writers are painfully aware because I would hurt them, physically.
                                Thanks for sharing this stuff with us tsaxlady.

Comment

Working...
                                X