Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    I guess it depends on what age we would see Helen's mother. Presumably she is dead (would be stretching it too much to have so many people living so long) so we would see her in a flashback. As Helen has lived so long we could see her mother relatively young when Helen was a child, somewhat older when Helen was a young woman or even as an elderly woman. I would like to at least hear something about her. We've heard lots about her father's influence but what about her mother's?
    Exactly. Somehow I had the impression she lost her mother early--probably b/c we've only seen her father. If so, we'd need a youngish actress--maybe in her 30s. Whether she lost her mother early or not, I would think her mom would have been an important influence too. We did see Helen's doll in the Gregory episode along with her microscope etc in her box of treasures. I like to think her mom gave that to her.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
      Video interview from the Syfy party. Begins at 4:30 into the clip.

http://social.zune.net/tv/episode/Sy...b-9254c72dff68
      Wants me to buy the clip.
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
        i really hope that you do attend a con rocky, because you are no less deserving then any other amanda fan of meeting her and enjoying the con experience... and like ive said before and many have said above, amanda doesnt care what you look like only that you are a fan who has taken the time to come and see her...
        Thank you, Kat, believe I do, I really do, I'm even selling things I don't need anymore, like old VHS tapes, DVDs and so on for money. I will work hard to try and make it next year. What about you?

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
        Hey Everyone,

Yeah, I wondered about her too, wondering if we'll ever see her. Who do you guys think would play her? Amanda maybe?

Julia(samcarterrules)
        Sigourney Weaver Would be cool.

Signing some autographs upon her return to Vancouver.

http://canadagraphs.weebly.com/1/pos...comic-con.html
        "She seemed to be in a rush, but still didnt deny any requests for autographs, taking the time to sign a couple per person. This feat seemed even more admirable when Fringe star John Noble came by right behind her, was called out to by 1 of the fans & just simply said "hi" & kept walking.

Amanda is one of the stars from here I have probably met the most, and she has always been great. Here are a couple pics of her stopping to sign, despite being rushed to go."

That's our Amanda, makes times for her fans and is always so classy, even if she's a rush.

It won't work.

Comment

@amandatappin @FionaForbes @MichaelEckford. Had a fabulous time as always on Urban_Rush!!! Thanks for the support. Xoxox

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            Exactly. Somehow I had the impression she lost her mother early--probably b/c we've only seen her father. If so, we'd need a youngish actress--maybe in her 30s. Whether she lost her mother early or not, I would think her mom would have been an important influence too. We did see Helen's doll in the Gregory episode along with her microscope etc in her box of treasures. I like to think her mom gave that to her.
            How about Emilie Ullerup? Or Teryl Rothery as her mother then? It would be kind of funny to have an actress who is younger than AT play her mother as a young girl. For that matter, AT could play the mother too.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
              Wants me to buy the clip.
              - no just preview it - for free.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                I've asked or rather tweeted Amanda about if we would ever see or get to know anything about Helen's mum...thus far nothing. But I shall continue to ask if you want. I used to think that Sharon Gless would have been a good actress to play a mother to one of Amanda's characters...not so sure now. I like Gabrielle Rose but she's already played a pivotal and award winning character on Sanctuary...I don't many other Canadian actresses who would fit the bill. I suppose they could always use a British actress...Helen Mirren perhaps?? Or Dame Judi Dench...I like her.

Haven't got any results yet from the Portal awards...I keep, checking but they're sooo slow. Maybe tomorrow.

(((Samandans)))
                If we're going for British actresses, I vote for Emma Thompson.

Comment

I second Emma Thompson!
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

If we're going for brits, then yes, Emma Thompson - I ADOOOOOORE her. Wow... Although Sigourney Weaver would be pretty kick-butt too

Also, just finished watching Amanda on "Urban Rush" filmed this morning. She looked faaaabulous in this dress: and the shoes were the same colour, but looked more pointy in the interview... must re-watch to check if they're the same

Anywho, lovely interview - talked about Comic Con, and how great it was. Amanda mentioned how when she first went it was around 30,000 ppl and now it's about 150,000 :O Michael Eckford mentioned that with all the crazy costumes, geekdom, fan!boys etc, that Comic Con might be a bit daunting for beautiful attendees such as herself, but she said that everyone there is super gracious and lovely and respectful. She said though it's a HUGE event, it seems very intimate when she gets to interact with fans.

Talked about meeting the Shatner, and how she was super nervous, but thought maybe he was a little bit too. She mentioned how she was thinking a lot during the interview that her twin brother would be dying of geekout if he had been there Chatted about how it was actually just them talking to each other with a big green screen in the back, and how much more one-on-one the interview seemed because of it. Amanda was really cute in explaining how it was green in real life, but on the website it was "Space" With a cute little Amanda face and hand gesture, as she does

Talked Sanctuary for Kids, and how wonderful it is, what they've been able to accomplish since November (reuniting the 7 sets of sisters at the Papa whatever's house, I'm sorry, I can never remember the proper Nepalese word, but it means Sanctuary) They are 1/3 of the way through building their school.

Amanda's SUPER stoked for TSE this weekend - it's incredible how ALL the actors and organizers are donating all their time/efforts so that 100% of the proceeds go to S4K. There will be auctions, raffles, pics, autographs, bids for Tea with the actors, phone calls, chats, etc up for grabs.

Oh, also, while at Comic Con they were able to talk to the head of SyFy about S4K, and their belief in the loyalty of Scifi fans to support causes and how they think other shows should try to be at least affiliated with a charity - He was onboard with the idea, and if I interpreted right, other scifi shows might start donating props and such to S4K for auction.

All the talk of S3 Sanctuary is what we've heard... they're halfway through, and it's gonna be Epic They start up filming again on Tuesday!!! (Probably because Monday is BC Day - Holiday!)

They asked Amanda if she'd done anything fun and summery, and she talked about her family's kayak trip up to Desolation Sound, a very fitting name for "paradise" Amanda says - kayaking, camping, picking up oysters straight off the beach, no phones, email, etc. Said it was wonderful.

I think that's the main gist of it all... If I find anything more during my rewatch I'll let you all know!

Oh, and in case you're wondering, it's recorded on my PVR, and thus I can't get it onto my computer :| I could try filming the TV screen, but it usually doesn't work... I hope someone else is able to get it up on youtube!
                    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                      If we're going for brits, then yes, Emma Thompson - I ADOOOOOORE her. Wow... Although Sigourney Weaver would be pretty kick-butt too

Also, just finished watching Amanda on "Urban Rush" filmed this morning. She looked faaaabulous in this dress: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...arypanel02.jpg and the shoes were the same colour, but looked more pointy in the interview... must re-watch to check if they're the same

Anywho, lovely interview - talked about Comic Con, and how great it was. Amanda mentioned how when she first went it was around 30,000 ppl and now it's about 150,000 :O Michael Eckford mentioned that with all the crazy costumes, geekdom, fan!boys etc, that Comic Con might be a bit daunting for beautiful attendees such as herself, but she said that everyone there is super gracious and lovely and respectful. She said though it's a HUGE event, it seems very intimate when she gets to interact with fans.

Talked about meeting the Shatner, and how she was super nervous, but thought maybe he was a little bit too. She mentioned how she was thinking a lot during the interview that her twin brother would be dying of geekout if he had been there Chatted about how it was actually just them talking to each other with a big green screen in the back, and how much more one-on-one the interview seemed because of it. Amanda was really cute in explaining how it was green in real life, but on the website it was "Space" With a cute little Amanda face and hand gesture, as she does

Talked Sanctuary for Kids, and how wonderful it is, what they've been able to accomplish since November (reuniting the 7 sets of sisters at the Papa whatever's house, I'm sorry, I can never remember the proper Nepalese word, but it means Sanctuary) They are 1/3 of the way through building their school.

Amanda's SUPER stoked for TSE this weekend - it's incredible how ALL the actors and organizers are donating all their time/efforts so that 100% of the proceeds go to S4K. There will be auctions, raffles, pics, autographs, bids for Tea with the actors, phone calls, chats, etc up for grabs.

Oh, also, while at Comic Con they were able to talk to the head of SyFy about S4K, and their belief in the loyalty of Scifi fans to support causes and how they think other shows should try to be at least affiliated with a charity - He was onboard with the idea, and if I interpreted right, other scifi shows might start donating props and such to S4K for auction.

All the talk of S3 Sanctuary is what we've heard... they're halfway through, and it's gonna be Epic They start up filming again on Tuesday!!! (Probably because Monday is BC Day - Holiday!)

They asked Amanda if she'd done anything fun and summery, and she talked about her family's kayak trip up to Desolation Sound, a very fitting name for "paradise" Amanda says - kayaking, camping, picking up oysters straight off the beach, no phones, email, etc. Said it was wonderful.

I think that's the main gist of it all... If I find anything more during my rewatch I'll let you all know!

Oh, and in case you're wondering, it's recorded on my PVR, and thus I can't get it onto my computer :| I could try filming the TV screen, but it usually doesn't work... I hope someone else is able to get it up on youtube!
                      Great review. I can't put it on YT this time since I don't have that channel.

Comment

emma thompson would be great

as to helen's mom, yeah, i've always been under the impression that she died, well about the same time as sam's mom, early teens...just long enough to teach helen the 'prim and proper' way to do things (i have standards will.....) but not so late that she influenced helen's interest in her dad's work
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Comment

[URL=http://img96.imageshack.us/i/ewsyfysdccah4.jpg/http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9397/ewsyfysdccah4.th.jpg[/URL] http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1015/ewsyfysdccah5.th.jpg
                            She looks kinda devious in those pics. But SOOOOO beautiful, I swear she looks better every year.

Comment

Now available on Syfy's site as well.

http://video.syfy.com/online_origina...views/v1240861

Comment

Today's Urban Rush episode is online.

http://bit.ly/btiTff

Comment

Working...
                                X