Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys! Haven't been around for a while. You know, RL and all

I'm just dropping by with a little reminder that the AT5 Photo Mosaic Project is still ongoing.
    The turnout have been amazing, it's always great and wonderful to see when fans come together and contribute. And I'm über-proud that this project now also has the support from Sanctuary for Kids!

We just reached the halfway mark of the submission time frame (deadline September 1st) so there's still time to submit photos if you have taken any of the lady herself; Amanda Tapping or if you want to help out making tiles. Just send a mail to [email protected].
    (you can read more about the project here)

Hope you all are enjoying the weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
      Considering she was in the top 5 segment with Ivan Reitman, Micheal J Fox, William Shatner and James Cameron, I think she should be super proud!!! I'm glad the folks at Innerspace seem to like her so much I wonder if she knows that that special even happened? I haven't been in Canada for Canada Day in several years, but I'm assuming this was the first Canada Day Space special like this that they've done? Whatever the case, it was really cool to watch - I didn't even know half the people on the list were Canadian

I would love to post it up on youtube, but I can't get it off my DVR harddrive. Bah. Can't wait for you to get it up Rockey
      First one I can recall.

AT was in pretty good company and, sadly, one of few women on the list.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
      Many people listed in before AT were actors and such who have done their part to contribute to the Canadian community, some of them were listed just for being cool and the roles they have played. for Amanda being in the top 5 of any category with Ivan Reitman, Micheal J Fox, William Shatner and James Cameron is a HUGE honor, and she has earned the right to be up there with them. I was sorta surprised the 2 hosts of the show didn't geek out more when talking about her.

I would have had it uploaded yesterday, but I had to go to a soccer game with my dad, the whole time I was there I kept thinking I should be home uploading it on YT. When it comes to...anything really, AT comes first.
      I don't think anyone was listed for just being cool. All have made significant contributions to the arts and most were lauded for their work in supporting new artists or various charities. Very impressive list.

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post

I'm just dropping by with a little reminder that the AT5 Photo Mosaic Project is still ongoing.
      The turnout have been amazing, it's always great and wonderful to see when fans come together and contribute. And I'm über-proud that this project now also has the support from Sanctuary for Kids!

We just reached the halfway mark of the submission time frame (deadline September 1st) so there's still time to submit photos if you have taken any of the lady herself; Amanda Tapping or if you want to help out making tiles. Just send a mail to [email protected].

Glad you have received such great support (I would expect nothing less from this community of fans). Can't wait to see the end result.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        Glad you have received such great support (I would expect nothing less from this community of fans). Can't wait to see the end result.
        Don't you mean buy the end result
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
          LOL! Maybe! But if it is like AT4 I will likely be outbid. (<me in a futile attempt at bidding )

Just saw your ticker. 14 days! Cannot believe it is so soon!

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
            Cool! Thanks for posting that.

Think that's what I love most about the Sanctuary team apart from the really cool TV show of course, is that they care about their fans, you know they thank us when ever they get the opportunity, and always try to keep us 'in the loop' as much as they can. Most importantly the team always gives us our intelligence as people and don't just treat us as dumb viewers/fans who will watch what ever is on whether its good or not. I wish we could thank them in return. Maybe the lucky Samandn's going to SE might get that opportunity.

Julia(samcarterrules)
            So true and well said Julia
            The Sanctuary team are awsome i lov how there one big family and the fans are an extension of that
            sigpic
            (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

OT-

So, on Canada Day, my dad and I went to a soccer game in Toronto, and during half time a crazy, yet cool fan runs on the field and quickly gets busted by security. Crazy Soccer Fan Runs on Field

Comment

thats great that the project is coming along so well! wish i could contribute, but i wont have any photos til december... cant wait to see the finished product

the finished one on the site is awesome!
                Last edited by katjoy; 03 July 2010, 07:33 PM.
                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by eh-t View Post
                  lol! Maybe! But if it is like at4 i will likely be outbid. (<me in a futile attempt at bidding )

just saw your ticker. 14 days! Cannot believe it is so soon! :d
                  squirrel!
                  Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                  William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                  Anon

Comment

Me neither! LOL! I kinda know what it'll look like but of course I won't know for sure until it's actually done.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                    Hehe! Well at least I know there will be one bidder on the poster.
                    Hey, maybe if we distract her enough we can get her to bid against herself

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                    thats great that the project is coming along so well! wish i could contribute, but i wont have any photos til december... cant wait to see the finished product

the finished one on the site is awesome!
                    Thanks for the green and glad you liked the fist one.
                    It's too bad she won't be down under a few months earlier, then I probably would have been able to stretch the deadline a bit. But by december I'm planning on having the whole thing done already. But who knows maybe some day there will be another project...
                    *mutters to self that I probably should finish this project before thinking about another one*

Comment

It's too bad she won't be down under a few months earlier, then I probably would have been able to stretch the deadline a bit. But by december I'm planning on having the whole thing done already. But who knows maybe some day there will be another project...
                      *mutters to self that I probably should finish this project before thinking about another one*
                      youre welcome on both counts

yeah, i would have loved to contribute a pic or two... oh well theres always next time

those mosaics are soooo clever, they must take ages to work out and put together!
                      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                        squirrel!
                        Wha...? Who? Where?

Me neither! LOL! I kinda know what it'll look like but of course I won't know for sure until it's actually done.

Hehe! Well at least I know there will be one bidder on the poster.
                        Hey, maybe if we distract her enough we can get her to bid against herself

Actually, all you need is Flow to bid against me. That and some masterful manipulation by the G4. I honestly had not planned to bid on anything at AT4, then they showed that video of all the children in need. Who could resist after that? Very clever (and evil ) those folk.

Comment

How remiss of me....

Happy4thof July to all our American friends.

Comment

How remiss of me....

Thank you for that! And may I also say where ever you might be:
                            Happy 4th of July to all the citizens of the United States of America!
                            Last edited by llp; 04 July 2010, 03:46 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

How remiss of me....

What she said
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

a very cute fic
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6103906/1/

penguin alert
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X