Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
    New photos from the Women of Distinction Awards.

http://www.theamandatappingclub.com/...s.php?album=90
    coolies, thanks for the link

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
    Hi everyone,

Long time no post! I missed you all so much *hugs thread* Here's why in spoiler for those who don't want to read.

Spoiler:
    I was very busy with college and exams but all the hard work must have paid off because I got an A! college is out now for the summer and I'm back to play on here.

Julia(samcarterrules)
    WB julia and congrats on the college grades!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    someone twittered this link, talking about s2 dvd, s2 SPOILERS, and just some nice quotes from agam and robin.

btw, how to you say agam's name?

linkipoo - http://www.straight.com/article-3277...y-season-two-2
    they all had some wonderful things to say about amanda in the special features!

correct me if im wrong anyone but i always thought it was pronounced aye-gum...
    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
      correct me if im wrong anyone but i always thought it was pronounced aye-gum...
      All the cast I've heard have pronounced it with a short A - ag-um
      -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        All the cast I've heard have pronounced it with a short A - ag-um
        arrrr ok, good to know
        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
          Yeah, I had heard this quote before but every time I see it, I kind of do a mental squee. I love a woman with intelligence and I've always thought it absolutely brilliant that AT was familiar with Stephen Hawking and his principles. Hee!
          Hee, me too. I think it's esp cool because from the interviews I've read of other actors who've played scientists, I think AT is the only one who's said that she understands, to an extent, the science behind the words. Sometimes you can tell that in their performance, but many are still able to pull the technobabble off quite well.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          here's a great teamy fic
          http://penknife.livejournal.com/492642.html

it's a tag to Serpents Venom, so a focus on Teal'c as he deals with what happened. Not a lot of Sam, but what there is is nice team and friendship sam.

just a good fic and nice callback to classic sg1
          Nice fic, thanks for the link.

Hi everyone,

Long time no post! I missed you all so much *hugs thread* Here's why in spoiler for those who don't want to read.

Spoiler:
          I was very busy with college and exams but all the hard work must have paid off because I got an A! college is out now for the summer and I'm back to play on here.
          Congrats on the A!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          someone twittered this link, talking about s2 dvd, s2 SPOILERS, and just some nice quotes from agam and robin.

btw, how to you say agam's name?

linkipoo - http://www.straight.com/article-3277...y-season-two-2
          Thanks for the link! LOL, we've got a new nickname for AT, 'the Giggler'.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
            If you can stand waiting for shipping, Amazon has it for 19.99. I figured half off was worth the wait. Especially since I'm buying a copy for mom too.
            Nah, I think I'll skip Amazon this time. Yeah, they have it for 19.99 but then you have to pay shipping so it amounts to the same (24.99) if I was to buy it from my local gadget store. Besides, a 10 min ride v. waiting almost a week for it to be shipped?

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
            Hee, me too. I think it's esp cool because from the interviews I've read of other actors who've played scientists, I think AT is the only one who's said that she understands, to an extent, the science behind the words. Sometimes you can tell that in their performance, but many are still able to pull the technobabble off quite well.
            Basically she does her homework and isn't some robot just spitting out her lines. She wants to make certain everything is correct and if she doesn't understand something, she takes the time to investigate and read up on it so she knows exactly what she's talking about. Not too many actors will go to that length.

Comment

Basically she does her homework and isn't some robot just spitting out her lines. She wants to make certain everything is correct and if she doesn't understand something, she takes the time to investigate and read up on it so she knows exactly what she's talking about. Not too many actors will go to that length.
              no, not many would... another of the many things i admire about amanda - her dedication to her job and her willingness to go that extra mile for authenticity and understanding...

Comment

Hi everyone,

Spoiler:

Aww that's so cool!! *feels warm and fuzzy*

Those are great!! Thanks for sharing!! And huge congrats to Amanda for winning the award, she always inspires doesn't she.

And also congrats to the whole Sanctuary team for all their nominations and wins at the Leos!! So proud of the show and the team!

Hi to any newbies that joined this great thread while I was gone and belated Happy Birthdays to everyone I've missed too!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                Lovely to have you back. Big congrats on the A (or should I say "eh" )

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

My newest AT sig

Comment

Sanctuary Season 2 BLOOPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cUzM...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                      no, not many would... another of the many things i admire about amanda - her dedication to her job and her willingness to go that extra mile for authenticity and understanding...
                      And she gets the military part right too. I remember (I think in this thread) ages ago, someone whose husband was in the military watched an episode and said "I'd follow her." Or words to that effect. High praise, imho.

I remember JG saying in a S1 feature that for Carter they had to find someone who could be a believeble scientist, believable soldier & be beautiful. They struck gold with AT.

Comment

Nah, I think I'll skip Amazon this time. Yeah, they have it for 19.99 but then you have to pay shipping so it amounts to the same (24.99) if I was to buy it from my local gadget store. Besides, a 10 min ride v. waiting almost a week for it to be shipped?
                        I'm lazy and and so wound up going the Amazon route. My trouble with them is often, "ooh, order one more thing and get free shipping? I could use another book..." They're tricky, I tell ya. It looked like S2 had a pretty good sales ranking.

Looking forward to the special features. I always like the behind the scenes insights and AT's in particular. And for all my frustration with the Ashley situation, AD seems like a nice person and if she does some commentary it will be interesting to get her perspective.

Re: Sam--

I was watching "The Tok'ra," which I haven't watched in a long time and I noticed all over again how well AT & CA played their relationship. No wonder they kept bringing Jacob back, which I don't think was the original plan.

Comment

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the congrats and welcome backs guys

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          Lovely to have you back. Big congrats on the A (or should I say "eh" )
                          Now why didn't I think of writing that!?

I was catching up with SGU today, its an OK show I think. It was nice to see Sam a few times. Do they ever explain Sam's change in hair colour though? I think it looks much better than Amanda having to ware a wig.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

just a cute fic I found:

Sam conducts an "investigation" with the help of the team.
                            Investigation into the effects of zat'ni'ktel fire on the common Peep, by Samantha Carter

http://penknife.livejournal.com/481721.html

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                              Ooh! Thanks for the little sneak peak.

I think I saw some of it before though as parts looked familiar. Dunno.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              And she gets the military part right too. I remember (I think in this thread) ages ago, someone whose husband was in the military watched an episode and said "I'd follow her." Or words to that effect. High praise, imho.

I remember JG saying in a S1 feature that for Carter they had to find someone who could be a believeble scientist, believable soldier & be beautiful. They struck gold with AT.
                              High praise, indeed! I've heard before how she's very knowledgeable about the weapons she uses (ie how to hold them, etc..) but I can't help but appreciate her 'I'm Stargate Barbie..." blooper line as well. Hee!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2JKpGRFC1I

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              I'm lazy and and so wound up going the Amazon route. My trouble with them is often, "ooh, order one more thing and get free shipping? I could use another book..." They're tricky, I tell ya. It looked like S2 had a pretty good sales ranking.

Looking forward to the special features. I always like the behind the scenes insights and AT's in particular. And for all my frustration with the Ashley situation, AD seems like a nice person and if she does some commentary it will be interesting to get her perspective.

Re: Sam--

I was watching "The Tok'ra," which I haven't watched in a long time and I noticed all over again how well AT & CA played their relationship. No wonder they kept bringing Jacob back, which I don't think was the original plan.
                              Yeah, one more reason to stay away from Amazon unless there is good reason to order more than one thing.

It'd be cool if AD did commentary on an episode or two. She's quite grown on me since she was introduced and from one of the interviews posted here a page or two back, she says she's very unlike her character in real life which is interesting. It's easy to play a character that you just sort of slip into, but playing your opposite...well, makes me understand why she might have been chosen to play Kate in the first place.

Totally looking forward to seeing and hearing from her at SE too.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post

While I always appreciate how you keep us up to date on things, I have a question about this youtube video. Is it properly/legally posted given the fact that the DVDs are not out in most regions? (I know you are just re-posting it)

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the congrats and welcome backs guys

Now why didn't I think of writing that!?

I was catching up with SGU today, its an OK show I think. It was nice to see Sam a few times. Do they ever explain Sam's change in hair colour though? I think it looks much better than Amanda having to ware a wig.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                There was no explanation about Sam's hair colour. I did notice it is pretty dark on the ship. Not sure if that is an attempt to show the darkness of SGU or to make the hair colour less obvious. D'oh! Can't believe I actually participated in a hair discussion. Just trying to answer the question.
                                Last edited by EH-T; 10 June 2010, 02:26 PM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X