No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched the first ep of season nine...and i have to admit i wasn't too impressed. So NOT a fan of Mitchell. But I didn't think Vala was too bad - I mean I haven't seen PU, and I think she needs ALOT of character development - but she was fun. I hated the costume, and some of her lines...well, a lot of her lines actually...were too crass for my taste, but I really think that Claudia Black's doing the best she can with a bad script. She actually made me laugh out loud a couple of times. And I would love to see Vala work with Sam!!! Now that'd be funny!
    The final verdict: so long as I tell myself it's a completely new show and NOT the Stargate I know and love....and so long as Sam comes back...and so long as the characters develop well...I can live with it. I dont love it, I'm not even sure I liek it all that much, but I can live with it for now. Though I will be paying more attention to Atlantis than before. And I like Vala - please dont hurt me!!!
    *cowers in corner*
    Royal Page of Samanda
    "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
      I just watched the first ep of season nine...and i have to admit i wasn't too impressed. So NOT a fan of Mitchell. But I didn't think Vala was too bad - I mean I haven't seen PU, and I think she needs ALOT of character development - but she was fun. I hated the costume, and some of her lines...well, a lot of her lines actually...were too crass for my taste, but I really think that Claudia Black's doing the best she can with a bad script. She actually made me laugh out loud a couple of times. And I would love to see Vala work with Sam!!! Now that'd be funny!
      The final verdict: so long as I tell myself it's a completely new show and NOT the Stargate I know and love....and so long as Sam comes back...and so long as the characters develop well...I can live with it. I dont love it, I'm not even sure I liek it all that much, but I can live with it for now. Though I will be paying more attention to Atlantis than before. And I like Vala - please dont hurt me!!!
      *cowers in corner*
      Aw, come out of the corner, Charlie. I like Vala, too.

Actually, I don't think too many people on this thread actively dislike her, although several may wish she had a less prominent role. In smaller doses.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
        I'd like to add my congratulations for such fine fanfic writers!
        Thanks, tara and Dani too! Now, Samandans, you have a lot of reading to do this weekend - check out some of the great stories your fellow Samandans have created (lots and lots of Samfic!) and then do your royal duty and cast a vote or two for your favorites at the 2005 Stargate Fanfic Award site (which, unfortunately, I don't have an immediate link for) ... you'll find the way!

Enjoy! I have to spend some time on this myself!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          poor, chopingal... they weren't that big for me, so i don't know what happened... *shrugs and notices how cute clark kent is on smallville*

sally
          Well, Sal, since the HUGE honkin' piccis were posted in your honor, then I feel that my mission was accomplished! I have since deleted them because of the overwhelming response about their size. My bad!

I am obviously pixel-challenged and dimensions-delayed in my tech development. I had a similar problem with just attempting to get a meager sig displayed ... yep, it's true folks ... I'm a LOSER! Can't manipulate my PC as well and as fast as some of my fellow Samandans. Sky finally managed to reduce an image for me for the sig and, as you can see, it's become a constant ... no foolin' with that puppy ... leavin' it right there in its sheltered, secure cyberspace.

Yep, computers and the Jester ... I even LOSE with online dating ... I don't get dumped, I get DELETED!

Until I master the skills of the masses, I will refrain from posting any of my Sam, SG1 photos from photobucket. I guess it would be great if I could reduce my waistline and my online photos ... SHRINKAGE is a good thing.

Kat, thanks for even trying to fix my problem ... I followed your directions, but could not find the pixel info in the properties function. I can play the piano and write fanfic though.

Comment

WELCOME BACK ASTROGEOLOGIST/KEEPER OF THE FLAME!

The Good Sisters of Samanda have been guarding the Gate waiting for your return ...

"Vigilate et Orate" (Watch and Pray)

Just tell me this image is oversized and I'm gonna borrow one of those rifles and shoot my PC!
            Last edited by ChopinGal; 11 August 2005, 05:44 PM.

Comment

lol, that pic was fine Chopin - though I think it does have to be asked why you have so many pictures of Nuns around. Nuns with Guns

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                So that's where that stabbing, throbbing pain in my skull originated. Gee thanks Kat.

Good news is that I guess this answers my question...I CAN both HAVE a headache and BE a headache at the same time...

ON EDIT: Hey!!! This is my 1,700th post on GW. Man do I talk alot...don't I ever shut up????

CONGRATULATIONS UBER .... talking is good .... keep on going ...hehehehe

she can be this beautiful

pic fr myrth

and she can be this geeky .... such talent

pic fr stargatesg1971

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  lol, that pic was fine Chopin - though I think it does have to be asked why you have so many pictures of Nuns around. Nuns with Guns
                  LOL...

AD, your sig is showing the pic of Sam in an orange prison jumpsuit behind bars, with the slogan, "Sam Carter is back." Which directly translated into my brain, "Sam Carter is back behind bars." !!!!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

The Good Sisters of Samanda have been guarding the Gate waiting for your return ...

Just tell me this image is oversized and I'm gonna borrow one of those rifles and shoot my PC!
                    Judging by the smiles on their faces they've all been enlightened in the convent - we can only guess as to what the game may be!!!

Comment

Congrats on 1700 posts, Über!!!

And great Geek!Sam pic, gatebee - sheer delight to us Geek!Fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

Hmm, they must come from a pretty strict order - normally a few Hail Mary's, a couple of Our Father's and a Glory Be are considered to be enough penance...

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                          Moped? Moped! I'll have you know that my Honda scooter is a highly sophisticated, mean machine quite capable of reaching lethal speeds in seconds.

I'm telling you, it easily reaches 40 mph... with a stiff tailwind... downhill...
                          Scooter???

That conjures up an image of 2 small wheels and a flat platform on which to place one foot. long handlebarstem rising from said platform ending in small handlebars. So one foot on the platform and the person with no ego to wound propells themselves with t'other foot stabbing at the ground

Thanks for the image Strix

Comment

Belated congrats to Jerin on 200 posts!1
                            And Uber - congrats on a whopping 1,700

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                              CONGRATULATIONS UBER .... talking is good .... keep on going ...hehehehe

she can be this beautiful

pic fr myrth

and she can be this geeky .... such talent

pic fr stargatesg1971

Wow two lovely pics of Amanda and so differant! she really is a girl of many faces
                              ......TARA......

Comment

Hey it's me again Daivy. Man, this thread is growing and growing.... I can barely read all the posts. When I go to sleep and come back the next morning, 2-3 more pages are added. This morning, the GW Forum was offline, and I remember reading until pages 362-363. Now I'm back here and we're at page 669. This thread's a huge succes. Thanks for being an Amanda/Sam fan everyone!

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Working...
                                X