Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal

"Vigilate et Orate" (Watch and Pray)
    I'm not here for a few days and I come back to scary ass nuns with guns.

Hmmmm.
    sigpic-
    +I thought I was a fool for no one
    but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
      Another firework for our lovely Jerin who reached post 200 !

Congrats Jerin !
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/feu20d20artifice20anet201024.jpg

Okay, I spent 1/2 hour reading all the posts and then composing 1 nice post, but my computer malfunctioned. Wish I were computer savvy. So here goes again.

Thanks to all the kind Samandans for noticing. (Quivers in guilt at the thought of forgetting anyone.)Including:

Lys(I love what u've done w/ the dancer of spaz's sig. It's hysterical.)

1speed4Sam

Dani76

tsaxlady

sg-1fanitin

Queen Eleta

Coley

LadyJeep (Sorry my PR was full. I just cleared it out.)

the dancer of spaz (I'm also in college. May I ask what you're studying? I'm in NYC at Hunter, CUNY, studying PR/business.)

ForeverSg-1, sorry about your lawn problems. I'm sending you good vibes and hugs and keeping my fingers crossed. The cookie idea sounds great. Good luck!

Congrats to Ubersg-1fan on 1700 posts and Nikkirose on 1100 posts! Great job!

ForeverSg1 - I also love the new sig!

ChopinGirl, you are so wonderfully sweet and funny. You don't have to be computer savvy. Unfortunately, since I'm none of those, I have to thank everyone for still tolerating my computer illiterate mistakes.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
      Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        i read a *really good* fic last night called 'left unspoken', by mabyn. i found it on helio2, in the new fics section. here's a direct link (that takes you to fanfiction.net):

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2520583/1/

the story revolves around sam being raped, so i just wanted to warn you guys. but it's *wonderfully* written, with a slight amount of sam/jack.

she's got another fic on helio2/fanfiction.net called 'Alea Iacta Est', but it's in five parts. and they're long. i'm going to start reading them tonight. they/it also revolves around rape. she's a great author, so i hope everyone gives her stories a chance.

sally
        Wow, this was a good one. Thanks for the rec, Sally! Need to add it to my Sam-whumping list...

My LJ

Comment

Hi Guys:

Couldn't come by yesterday - had some RL problems of my own going on.
          Sorry to hear about your problems, Kat. Wished I could have been there to help. But I think, CG is right, since these are your neighbors, you should try resolving it in a calm and friendly way. I wouldn't go over there and confront them directly, but probably try it like your sister suggested.
          Sorry, I can't be of more help, but it's my motto that unless you KNOW what's going on and you have proof, don't just accuse somebody - try to find out what happened first.
          BTW, Kat, love your newest sig, great and funny idea. It's especially funny to me because I tend to make such a face pretty often, too, at least according to my hubby. Well, according to him, I make faces all the time, so who knows...

On another note - I heard that Astrogeologist is back from vacation but not back with us yet. So, in case I miss her return: WELCOME BACK ASTROGEOLOGIST and it's nice to meet you!!

P.S. Did anybody decide yet what to do for Amanda's BD???

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Probably my warped childhood: twelve years of Catholic education!
            Three words - Irish Christian Brothers.

Comment

[COLOR=Purple]Welcome Back Astro!

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

WELCOME BACK ASTRO!

Sorry I haven't been posting here lately.....I won't give any excuses, just some personal things.

I watched Solitudes yet again last night, and yet it again, it seems that the the whole "ship" between Jack and Sam seemed to start there. I loved that episode, on so many levels, but most especialy the bond that forms between Sam and Jack, and of course, her fantastic acting. Guess there are just some "Sam" episodes I'll never get tired of watching......

Take care everyone and stay safe.

HIC COMITAS REGIT
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Welcome back, Astro!

Hope you get caught up with those “return from vacation” tasks and can join us soon.

You may not have seen them when you landed, but there were a bunch of folks anxiously anticipating your arrival. ChopinGal, Majorsal and Strix happened to be in the area when you swooped out of the sky and they look pretty happy to be able to join in the festivities.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                    Welcome back, Astro!

Hope you get caught up with those “return from vacation” tasks and can join us soon.

You may not have seen them when you landed, but there were a bunch of folks anxiously anticipating your arrival. ChopinGal, Majorsal and Strix happened to be in the area when you swooped out of the sky and they look pretty happy to be able to join in the festivities.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...troWelcome.jpg
                    Awesome pic, SamFan, what a great idea. And what a wonderful welcome back for Astro!!! Nicely done.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Nice picture SamFan! Sorry I can't rep you for that, now when I'm on vacation to Croatia from Monday 15 August untill 25 Augustfor every Samandan and guest)

- Play Nice

- Be Good

and most of all

- Hic Comitas Regit! Cause after all: Peace and Love!

Oh Before I forgot Celebrate Sam's/Amanda's return when and where ever you can!

See you soon

Daivy

PS Untill Monday I might drop in and maybe post, if I know something 2 say, if I don't post anymore; I try 2 Go "Amanda" in Croatia, ya know, when someone says Orange I'll Say: Orange! Amanda

Carter? I Carter Copter, Amanda!

Hope you don't mind that I say that! Maybe I can recrute some people 2 this thread.

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76

Couldn't come by yesterday - had some RL problems of my own going on.

WELCOME BACK ASTROGEOLOGIST and it's nice to meet you!!

P.S. Did anybody decide yet what to do for Amanda's BD???

Big CONGRATULATIONS to our Samandans Astreologist, Über, Charlie, Chopin Gal, Skydiver, and last but not least, Strix varia for their SG Fan Award Nominations

Sorry to hear you're having RL problems. Wanna talk about them? There are some very kind people on this thread, or you can always PM me. Hugs Dani76.

I had to copy your sentiment on welcoming and meeting ASTROGEOLOGIST and wondering aobut AT's B-day, cuz I feel the same way & I can’t make pretty graphics. Also had to copy your congratulations to our nominated Samandans. What a talented bunch of people we have in Kingdom Samanda.

Daivy, have a great vacation and take lots of pics so you can share them w/ us when you come back. Come back soon and safely.

Hugs to everyone and have a great weekend. I'm running home to watch Season 2, Vol1. I'm new and still haven't watched all the episodes, although I think I watched these. Sigh!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
                        Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                          I just watched the first ep of season nine...and i have to admit i wasn't too impressed. So NOT a fan of Mitchell. But I didn't think Vala was too bad - I mean I haven't seen PU, and I think she needs ALOT of character development - but she was fun. I hated the costume, and some of her lines...well, a lot of her lines actually...were too crass for my taste, but I really think that Claudia Black's doing the best she can with a bad script. She actually made me laugh out loud a couple of times. And I would love to see Vala work with Sam!!! Now that'd be funny!
                          The final verdict: so long as I tell myself it's a completely new show and NOT the Stargate I know and love....and so long as Sam comes back...and so long as the characters develop well...I can live with it. I dont love it, I'm not even sure I liek it all that much, but I can live with it for now. Though I will be paying more attention to Atlantis than before. And I like Vala - please dont hurt me!!!
                          *cowers in corner*

Twin, I'm ordering you to get out of the corner now! I'm the older page (if only by a month), so I can boss you around.
                          Now none of this being scared of us, we're all friendly. If you like Vala, so what? No-one's going to set Jester's nuns on you.
                          I don't like Vala, but I have, after all, only seen her in PU. I haven't been too impressed by the pics I've seen of her in season9, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.
                          You give me a little hope, that while stargate might not be stargate anymore, it might still be an ok show.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Welcome back Astro. Wherever you are... I haven't seen you back on here yet . Deepspace wants to hear about Volcanoes, and all the other fascinating things that astro always does. Hearing your adventures is always fun.
                            Hope you had an absolutely fantastic trip !!!

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                              Twin, I'm ordering you to get out of the corner now! I'm the older page (if only by a month), so I can boss you around.
                              Now none of this being scared of us, we're all friendly. If you like Vala, so what? No-one's going to set Jester's nuns on you.
                              I don't like Vala, but I have, after all, only seen her in PU. I haven't been too impressed by the pics I've seen of her in season9, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.
                              You give me a little hope, that while stargate might not be stargate anymore, it might still be an ok show.
                              Beautifully put, deepspace. Hic Comitas Regit.

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy

Oh Before I forgot Celebrate Sam's/Amanda's return when and where ever you can!
                                hey, did you just mention amanda/sam returning?.....

7 DAYS 'TILL SAM/AMANDA RETURNS!!

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X