Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    WELCOME BACK ASTROGEOLOGIST/KEEPER OF THE FLAME!

The Good Sisters of Samanda have been guarding the Gate waiting for your return ...

Just tell me this image is oversized and I'm gonna borrow one of those rifles and shoot my PC!

It is my prep class at school and I decided to take a quick look in on what I've missed on the thread since I have a show tonight and what do I see but 5 NUNS. The Show I'm playing is about 5 nuns so it was both a surprise and a good laugh.

Welcome back ASTROGEOLOGIST
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      lol, that pic was fine Chopin - though I think it does have to be asked why you have so many pictures of Nuns around. Nuns with Guns
      Probably my warped childhood: twelve years of Catholic education!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        Judging by the smiles on their faces they've all been enlightened in the convent - we can only guess as to what the game may be!!!
        This was actually how they enforced discipline in the schoolyard. If you can survive the wrath of an angry nun, you're ready for boot camp, my dear!

Okay, okay ... so they didn't use guns ... wooden rulers were "the enforcers"! Remember Jester's motto: "don't let truth get in the way of a good story!"

Comment

Astro, where the heck are you, gal?! I'm dyin' out here ... with nuns in a schoolyard and nobody to welcome back to the thread!

Fact: Astro has, indeed, returned from a wonderful vacation in Hawaii. She may still be doing her laundry and checking through her mounds of mail ... and I'll let her tell you the rest!

Comment

Welcome Home Astro!!!

Can't wait to hear all about Hawaii!!
            sigpic

Comment

Hey Astro! How are ya?!

Comment

This is totally off-topic, but I just have to get someone else's opinion here.

My husband and I did a bunch of landscaping work to our front yard this past summer and part of what we added was a really nice set of solar lights to place throughout our yard.

Last night my family went out to dinner and as we were coming home we noticed that our next-door neighbor had lights that were identical to the ones we had put into our yard. I just figured they had seen ours and decided to go get some as well. Anyway, this morning I got up and went outside to go water the front yard and noticed that four of the lights in our front yard had been stolen... exactly the same amounts of lights the neighbor has in their front yard. I don't know what to think, but my sister and kid keep trying to convince me that it's not a coincidence. Could someone really be this stupid? If something like this happened to one of you, how would you do deal with the situation? I'm really at a impass right now because I hate the idea of accusing someone of stealing.

Very bummed,
                Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  This is totally off-topic, but I just have to get someone else's opinion here.

My husband and I did a bunch of landscaping work to our front yard this past summer and part of what we added was a really nice set of solar lights to place throughout our yard.

Last night my family went out to dinner and as we were coming home we noticed that our next-door neighbor had lights that were identical to the ones we had put into our yard. I just figured they had seen ours and decided to go get some as well. Anyway, this morning I got up and went outside to go water the front yard and noticed that four of the lights in our front yard had been stolen... exactly the same amounts of lights the neighbor has in their front yard. I don't know what to think, but my sister and kid keep trying to convince me that it's not a coincidence. Could someone really be this stupid? If something like this happened to one of you, how would you do deal with the situation? I'm really at a impass right now because I hate the idea of accusing someone of stealing.

Very bummed,
                  Kat
                  Oh, Kat! What a mess! There's really only one way to handle this ...

Last edited by ChopinGal; 11 August 2005, 05:34 PM.

Comment

I have tried, unsuccessfully, to post "the serious part of my reply" to you, Kat (along with the vigilante nuns) but, each time, my system crashed and hung up!

Let's see if this will post ... I've emailed you about your problem but will throw this out here: is it possible that this could have been an overnight teenage prank? Maybe your neighbors have not looked outside today or been on front lawn and they don't know what happened? I'm thinkin' a gang of kids lookin' to do some mischief ... otherwise, you do have yourself some nefarious neighbors! Do you know these people well? Speak with them? It seems so unlikely ....

Good luck at getting to the bottom of it all! Maybe other Samandans will have some suggestions too.
                    Last edited by ChopinGal; 11 August 2005, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Probably my warped childhood: twelve years of Catholic education!
                      Right there with you, ChopinGal . Been there, did that, too.
                      In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                      so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                      Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                      Hic Comitas Regit
                      Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

I have tried, unsuccessfully, to post "the serious part of my reply" to you, Kat (along with the vigilante nuns) but, each time, my system crashed and hung up!

Let's see if this will post ... I've emailed you about your problem but will throw this out here: is it possible that this could have been an overnight teenage prank? Maybe your neighbors have not looked outside today or been on front lawn and they don't know what happened? I'm thinkin' a gang of kids lookin' to do some mischief ... otherwise, you do have yourself some nefarious neighbors! Do you know these people well? Speak with them? It seems so unlikely ....

Good luck at getting to the bottom of it all! Maybe other Samandans will have some suggestions too.
                        Yeah, I seriously doubt it was our neighbor who took them. I just didn't know how to causually go ask someone if they purchased the items in their yard without offending them. I mean it could be a prank and they may not even realize they are there. It's just a very weird situation. My sister told me to bake some cookies and go over and tell them what happened and how I was wondering if by chance it had been a prank. We used to have teenagers do stuff like this when we first moved in. We live on a corner lot so people would cut across our yard. We had people knocking on our bedroom windows and then run away or throwing beer bottles into our pool. We called the police after those instances and the issue stopped, but I feel a bit silly calling the police over something like a stolen light from my yard.

Enough of my RL drama ROFL. Thanks for your opinions, they helped a bit.
                        Kat

Comment

i read a *really good* fic last night called 'left unspoken', by mabyn. i found it on helio2, in the new fics section. here's a direct link (that takes you to fanfiction.net):

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2520583/1/

the story revolves around sam being raped, so i just wanted to warn you guys. but it's *wonderfully* written, with a slight amount of sam/jack.

she's got another fic on helio2/fanfiction.net called 'Alea Iacta Est', but it's in five parts. and they're long. i'm going to start reading them tonight. they/it also revolves around rape. she's a great author, so i hope everyone gives her stories a chance.

oh, and before i go...

8 DAYS 'TILL SAM/AMANDA RETURNS!!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Cool, thanks for the linkz!
                            ---edit 15 minutes later---
                            Holy. Sh!t.

Having just finished 'Left Unspoken'....wow.

This is an author worth reading.

On to 'Alea Iacta Est'.

Good thing I wasn't planning on much sleep tonight.
                            Last edited by zats; 11 August 2005, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Hello Samanda

This is a complete useless post, but I saw we were about to end up on page 2 of the Characters and Relationships section. I just couldn't let that happen to Samanda

Have a nice day, evening, night, where ever you are
                              sigpic
                              There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                              If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                              If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                              If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

How to Make a Start by ALC Punk!

This is a weirdfic. But it sounds eerily like Sam. And just about anything by ALC is great. Give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X