Comment

Originally posted by Caro
      Nope, the episode you're talking about would be
      Spoiler:
      beach head
      Thank you! My mind's slipping.
      sigpic

Comment

I just love you guys and this thread. There is a little bit of news out there, one of us finds it, posts it here, and we are all back to discuss it and just be there for each other. It doesn't matter if the news is good or bad, we always stick together...
        Sorry, had to get that of my chest. (must be the lack of AT on TV that's messing with my mind...)
        Hic Comitas Regit and here's to Amanda and her return in S9.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
          Über, I found a couple of sites with video clips of Amanda interviews, if you're interested.

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/...s/index02.html

http://www.amanda-tapping.sg1.cz/SG/...oad-videos.htm

NC
          In the 2nd link, the video MGM Online Special (anyway, the last video). Is it me or did it seem that our Queen cried a bit before the "interview"? If so if not, it's just me. Yeah I know the "Crying " when she talked with that wonderful British accent was fake, for fun, but besides that Crying, it did seem that she cried a bit earlier before the interview. Sorry that I repeat everything I say.

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
            Sorry, but I just felt a silly pic was due:

Chris Judge thinking: There she goes with that fish imitation again...

Comment

You know I just realized today that as much as I have wanted to see Sam come back and take command of SG-1 and to show the Ori and the universe that you don't mess with Soldier!Sam, really more than anything I just want Sam back...period.

After having to sit through three episodes without Sam and knowing that we still have two more Samless episodes ahead on top of looking at these first set of spoiler photos and seeing not one picture of Sam, I started to realize that at this point in time, I don't really care anymore what she is doing. I am quite content with Sam coming back on a need-only basis if it's going to show her in all her glory. Five minutes of Brilliant Sam saving the SGC is better than no Sam at all. I can't believe how much more I enjoyed Avalon I over Avalon II and Origin simply because I got a few minutes of Sam in it.

From the spoilers I have read so far, I would much rather see Sam in a lab using her brains to save the inhabitants of Earth from a plague than watch her sit idly by off-world as the story wraps itself around Mitchell. I think we all just need to face the fact that this isn't SG-1 as we know it and the odds are Sam won't be coming back as the leader of SG-1. She may take command at times, but I honestly don't see the writers using her much in this capacity this season. They have pretty much said they are going back to their roots, and I have a feeling that Sam will be going back to her roots as well and we will be seeing much more of Scientist!Sam than Soldier!Sam.

And as much as I would like to see Sam kicking butt all over the galaxy... I just want to...make that need to SEE Sam. As for me, I'm at a point now that I'd rather hope for little and be pleasantly surprised than dream big and be horribly disappointed. I've already seen what life at the SGC is like with Sam around and although I never thought I'd every hear myself say this...any Sam is better than no Sam at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                You know I just realized today that as much as I have wanted to see Sam come back and take command of SG-1 and to show the Ori and the universe that you don't mess with Soldier!Sam, really more than anything I just want Sam back...period.

After having to sit through three episodes without Sam and knowing that we still have two more Samless episodes ahead on top of looking at these first set of spoiler photos and seeing not one picture of Sam, I started to realize that at this point in time, I don't really care anymore what she is doing. I am quite content with Sam coming back on a need-only basis if it's going to show her in all her glory. Five minutes of Brilliant Sam saving the SGC is better than no Sam at all. I can't believe how much more I enjoyed Avalon I over Avalon II and Origin simply because I got a few minutes of Sam in it.

From the spoilers I have read so far, I would much rather see Sam in a lab using her brains to save the inhabitants of Earth from a plague than watch her sit idly by off-world as the story wraps itself around Mitchell. I think we all just need to face the fact that this isn't SG-1 as we know it and the odds are Sam won't be coming back as the leader of SG-1. She may take command at times, but I honestly don't see the writers using her much in this capacity this season. They have pretty much said they are going back to their roots, and I have a feeling that Sam will be going back to her roots as well and we will be seeing much more of Scientist!Sam than Soldier!Sam.

And as much as I would like to see Sam kicking butt all over the galaxy... I just want to...make that need to SEE Sam. As for me, I'm at a point now that I'd rather hope for little and be pleasantly surprised than dream big and be horribly disappointed. I've already seen what life at the SGC is like with Sam around and although I never thought I'd every hear myself say this...any Sam is better than no Sam at all.
                I've sort of resigned myself to Sam not being in command. But like you, if Sam is well used I will be ok. I mean, we know she can run the fax machine now, so let's give her something bigger to do. I'm hoping she and Mitchell work more as a team in practice, than him being "in command" per se.

Comment

God, Forever, this is amazing (and kind of scary, too) - You're saying exactly what I am thinking. This is what I mean when I say that SAGC rules!!!
                  BTW -
                  Spoiler:
                  I literally jumped when I saw Sam in Avalaon I, that's how surprised I was.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

You just read my mind! After watching the first three episodes of S9, I'll take any Sam I can get!

I'd also like to join in the congratulations for Tsaxlady.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy
                      In the 2nd link, the video MGM Online Special (anyway, the last video). Is it me or did it seem that our Queen cried a bit before the "interview"? If so if not, it's just me. Yeah I know the "Crying " when she talked with that wonderful British accent was fake, for fun, but besides that Crying, it did seem that she cried a bit earlier before the interview. Sorry that I repeat everything I say.
                      I hate to think that she was crying. Maybe she just had a cold. Or it was the last day of filming for the season, they didn't know if there would be another one, and she had just said her good buys to everybody.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Hi all! I'm trying to find a place to live, pack and move all within two very busy weeks and I hope we get everything moved by the time Beachhead airs. Strange priorities I know.

If this has already been brought up forgive me! I was looking at the pictures posted for the 4th Horseman and an idea struck me ...
                        Spoiler:
                        Okay so General Landry is sick and can't run the base. So who is running the base?? Could it be Sam. She was after all head of the Research and Development at area 51. She is a Lt. Colonel, maybe that is why she is still on base, well that and the fact that she is trying to come up with a cure with Orlin's help. Just a thought.

Comment

I'm very sorry to intrude, but I wanted you to know that Atteria, my wife, had her surgery early this AM and is now in the ICU. I have no idea if she will recover, as the surgeons are being very guarded in their prognosis.

However, if she does survive, she will NOT be returning to the Forum. Thanks to a very malevolent moderator and an owner of this Forun, I will NOT let her return. She has been insulted and threatened enough, for NO good reason. If she recovers, I will then tell her what has transpired. She was reported by this extremely insecure and sick individual for an innocuous private message. She always told me that if you had an issue, you took it to the private mesasage. Guess that doesn't hold for some, as this moderator ran to the owner and complained.

Sorry, but I'm scared, angry and just sick at heart. I may lose the kindest person I have ever known.

I did not need to come home, to take care of our pup, to find a threatening message, for NO good reason.

I'm returning now to the hospital. Thank you, everyone on this thread, for your kind words and best wishes.

Again, I apologize for intruding with real world problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy
                            If I remember correctly, when they first posted this interview, they said that AT had a cold when they were filming it. As I rewatched it, she doesn't seem to have much energy or volume, and since it was the last day of filming and she was pregnant at the time, she was probably fairly tired, as well.

NC

Comment

fourth horsemen is episode 10 and 11 i think....which does mean that amanda was back for a month...but that still puts her working with a 4-5 month old baby. aint' always easy

i guess i'm feeling the same way about her that i do with rda. i totally support why they've cut their schedule back, real life is far more important than family life. i do miss thier characters horribly,but i respect the actors enough to not bemoan their absence - at least to not take them to task for daring to have a real life

i'll take what i can get and, thus far, it seems that the day that amanda decides to move on, it probably the day stargate will turn from a 'must see' to a 'eh, i'll tape it and catch it whenever'
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
                                Is AT's birthday coming up? Are we sending her something as a group?
                                So, are we going to do something for Amanda's BD this year?

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Working...
                                X