• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact us on [email protected]

Kay aka Mumsey
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Looks like Amanda has just started her vacay with Olivia

Like any good trip, my daughters and my vacation begins with Maltesers, a terrace in London and a good book. http://pic.twitter.com/CDaSuYyuMj
      Last edited by iiradned; 30 June 2015, 11:30 AM.
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Watched a couple of Atlantis episodes recently. Too bad they didn't quite use Sam well. But I loved seeing her in her full bird colonel uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          Watched a couple of Atlantis episodes recently. Too bad they didn't quite use Sam well. But I loved seeing her in her full bird colonel uniform.
          Hi jckfan55! Yes, wasted opportunity but it did keep the character going a bit longer. Still, very happy when AT chose to do Sanctuary instead of carrying on with SGA.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

^Totally agree.

Comment

Here's the Hallmark Channel page for Family for Christmas that AT directed: http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/family-for-christmas

The movie airs July 11 at 9pm EST on the Hallmark Channel.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Apparently the episode of Dark Matter that AT directed was on last night. I forgotten she had even directed an episode of the show until I saw her name during the rerun.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4381250/?ref_=ttep_ep4

Here are the other times it will be on the SYFY Channel:
                http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/dark-...e-four/707705/

The episode is also available on demand.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                  Here's the Hallmark Channel page for Family for Christmas that AT directed: http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/family-for-christmas

The movie airs July 11 at 9pm EST on the Hallmark Channel.

Thanks for the info. DVR duly set.

Comment

Thanks for the info. DVR duly set.
                    You're welcome and it's a good thing you mentioned DVR or might have forgotten to DVR it myself.

Comment

I watched SGA "Trio" last night. Lots of dumb stuff with Keller and Rodney and semi-waste of Sam.

Given that we've seen Sam on the verge of death and whacked out on morphine (LitS) and still thinking and saving the day, her basically dropping out of the episode when she broke her leg was disappointing. I do know how much a broken bone hurts, and given how the episode was structured it sort of made sense, but still. Maybe if Keller had actually packed the morphine...

If we were going to have a stranded episode with Sam it would have been more interesting without Rodney. We could have gotten to know Sam with some of the other series regulars.
                      I still think a Sam and Teyla episode would have rocked.

Comment

I watched SGA "Trio" last night. Lots of dumb stuff with Keller and Rodney and semi-waste of Sam.

Given that we've seen Sam on the verge of death and whacked out on morphine (LitS) and still thinking and saving the day, her basically dropping out of the episode when she broke her leg was disappointing. I do know how much a broken bone hurts, and given how the episode was structured it sort of made sense, but still. Maybe if Keller had actually packed the morphine...

If we were going to have a stranded episode with Sam it would have been more interesting without Rodney. We could have gotten to know Sam with some of the other series regulars.
                        I still think a Sam and Teyla episode would have rocked.
                        As much as I liked an Atlantis episode where Sam got to go off world, I was quite disappointed with Trio. I think it's mainly because it's one of the only episodes in the Stargate series (SG1 included) where we see Sam as being 'helpless' at the end and not really part of the final rescue - as she was the one needing rescuing. It's almost as if the writers were saying that since there wasn't a military person there with her, they could show Sam as being very weak & vulnerable. I really didn't like that. I think that if Sheppard or Lorne were there, she would have put on a tougher act.

I did come to like the Sam/Rodney relationship as SGA Season 4 went along, where they had Rodney tone down his awkward attraction to her and they set up the boss/subordinate working relationship that actually included respect instead of antagonism.
                        sigpic

Comment

After watching "Killjoys" tonight and seeing the previews for next week, I'm thinking that the next episode is going to be one of the ones Amanda is guest starring in. I'll definitely be watching to see if I'm right.

My opinion of Trio is that each of the 3 actors got to shine in it. Sam did at first with her getting up on that stack of boxes to try and throw the hook out, and the other two got to shine once she got injured and had to take a back seat to the other two. I don't remember who thought up the idea of setting off an explosion and then swinging back and forth on a rope to land in the lower cave, but it seemed to me everyone got a chance to shine a bit in that episode. I do wish we had seen Sam at least in the infirmary before we got shifted over to McKay and Keller flirting with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                            I think it's mainly because it's one of the only episodes in the Stargate series (SG1 included) where we see Sam as being 'helpless' at the end and not really part of the final rescue - as she was the one needing rescuing. It's almost as if the writers were saying that since there wasn't a military person there with her, they could show Sam as being very weak & vulnerable. I really didn't like that. I think that if Sheppard or Lorne were there, she would have put on a tougher act.
                            I agree with the first part of what you're saying. I'm not sure she was showing vulnerability b/c no other military people were there. I think it was to showcase Rodney. But then I intensely disliked him.

Though I did think it was in character for her to try to send Rodney to save himself and leave her since she was injured.

I do think we should have seen her in the infirmary. They could have cut some of the nonsense in the middle and included that.

On another note, I'm looking forward to seeing what the do with AT on Killjoys. Finally she appears in a show I can see.

Comment

When AT's Killyjoys episode airs/getting ready to air, could someone come in here and mention it because I don't watch the show and I watch something else at that time but would like to see AT's episode.

Comment

I wouldn't swear to it, but I think she's going to be on this Friday's episode. During last week's previews for the next episode, I'm pretty sure she was in one of the clips.
                                Last edited by hedwig; 16 July 2015, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X