Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AT7 in the words of Helen Magnus 'Bloody hell, bloody bloody hell!'

I am in complete awe of everyone that attended, and still in shock at how generous and wonderful people are. There truly are some inspirational people in the world and I met some true stars this weekend.
    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
    If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Glad to hear you had a great time, Nei. Did you make any pictures? Or do you have good stories to tell for us unfortunate souls who couldn't go?
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Yes, I'm writing about everything that happened and I took photos. I wasn't very close so they're not too good, Chemmy has some good ones, but I think with mine you get a taste of her energy on stage. She didn't stop moving around, Harmony asked her to stand still so she posed on stage for a minute so everyone could get a picture, it was so funny.

Edit: watching Due South and resting, absolutely shattered.
        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Just sharing this request for a vid I want to make for Amanda's bday.

Spoiler:

So far for Amanda's past birthdays I made a vid about Sam, a tribute to Sam&Helen and a vid with Amanda's photos.
          This year I wanna thank her for this amazing online fandom. I want to show her the faces of people who met thanks to the love for SG1, Sanctuary and her.

I ask you to send me pictures of you with people you met, during Cons or just spontaneous meetings. I need hugs, smiles and kisses. This way Amanda can see her "enlarged family".
          And if you never met someone in the real life, you could send me a photo with you hugging your notebook, or talking on Skype....I don't know, just be creative!

Send them to: [email protected]

No deadline yet.
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I wore one of Sam's BDU jackets, photo of Samfan and I all dressed up coming soon

Comment

Hi all, just home last night so will post more as my brain clears.

Mandy, don't know if Amanda saw the women's game but she was aware the men's game was on and may have seen the first two periods before the last Q & A. I watched them in the hotel bar with a wonderful international group who were all cheering Canada except for the Swedes. Becky and the tech crew ( bless 'em) let me watch the last 10 minutes on a laptop in the tech area. It was on the condition I didn't do any cheering(hard!). Once the game was done, Becky asked Amanda the next question "would you like to know the final score in the hockey game?" That got a resounding YES. She cheered when she heard the score.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                Absolutely no words for what happenned in the auction. Cannot thank a certain person enough for her generosity, true inspiration.

Plus my plaque sold for £680!!!!
                I'm sort of floating on cloud nine and shaking like a leaf.
                How awesome was that? What a fabulous contribution you have made to S4K and Hearing Dogs!

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                Yes, I'm writing about everything that happened and I took photos. I wasn't very close so they're not too good, Chemmy has some good ones, but I think with mine you get a taste of her energy on stage. She didn't stop moving around, Harmony asked her to stand still so she posed on stage for a minute so everyone could get a picture, it was so funny.

Edit: watching Due South and resting, absolutely shattered.
                I have a few, maybe I will e-mail them to you and you can post them. I am not good with technology.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  I have a few, maybe I will e-mail them to you and you can post them. I am not good with technology.
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i have a confession to make...

i haven't watched 'gravity', b/c...

it should have been amanda tapping in that role!!

the first time i saw a clip from the movie, it immediately made me think of the s9 and 10 eps, 'camelot' & 'flesh and blood', with sam floating and trapped in space.

i remember being *so* excited by this when the ep was on, but then when they didn't make more a deal of it. so i'm still bitter...

but there, folks, is why i don't want to watch 'gravity'. i will someday, but i'm not ready yet...

~ptb should have made more of sam's dilemma...
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

the first time i saw a clip from the movie, it immediately made me think of the s9 and 10 eps, 'camelot' & 'flesh and blood', with sam floating and trapped in space.

i remember being *so* excited by this when the ep was on, but then when they didn't make more a deal of it. so i'm still bitter...

but there, folks, is why i don't want to watch 'gravity'. i will someday, but i'm not ready yet...

Lol and RDA as George Clooney's character? Silver fox #2!

Seriously, I can't bring myself to watch Gravity. Even though Prof. Brian Cox was the scientific advisor (the world's sexiest physicist after Sam Carter lol, the man was a rock star before becoming one of the youngest Physics professors in the UK) I still think it'll be awful and full of Hollywood cliches.
                      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I actually saw it the afternoon of the Oscars

It was a pretty good movie, I wasn't sure I'd like it, but I did
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

All the reviews I've heard of Gravity say it's pretty good. And by reviews I mean my best friend who loves Bollywood, Audrey Hepburn and Star Trek. So her taste can't be all bad

I haven't seen it yet either. Soon though. Blu-ray maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            Don't feel too bad - my brother and I went to see it and walked out bitterly disappointed - I thank god Amanda didnt have that role.
                            I love the graphics but that's where the love ends. Story arc is seriously lacking in a story - JMHO of course.
                            Now Captain Phillips on the other hand - I went to see that with hubby and loved it - not just because of the company but at least there was a beginning, middle and end - very good acting throughout.
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Captain Phillips was good. Very dramatic, but never OTT. And the very end
                              Spoiler:
                              when he's in the sickbay of the ship, that was all adlibbed. Those are real corpmen and they made it up....and hanks nailed a person in shock
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                Captain Phillips was good. Very dramatic, but never OTT. And the very end
                                Spoiler:
                                when he's in the sickbay of the ship, that was all adlibbed. Those are real corpmen and they made it up....and hanks nailed a person in shock
                                I didn't know that about the last scene. Hubby thinks Hanks is a top notch actor - he loves all his work. Kinda like my love of Amanda - must remind him next time he mocks my geekyness.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X