• Show
Clear All

I agree Sally!
    sigpic

----------
    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
      It's funny really. To me, it is apparent as early as Season 1, but definitely in Season 2 that there is "something" between Sam and Jack. The writers took advantage of that throughout the series and the actors definitely played to it (despite AT's original protests that there was no ship).!
      In "First Commandment" Sam tells Daniel that she's attracted to the lunatic fringe and the camera pans to Jack just as she says it and then back to Sam and Daniel. English literature/Directing 101: an emphasis never means nothing. Limited time per episode/scene means that time is never wasted on meaningless moments!

Also, AT did a screen test with Rick (and no one else) pre-show, she even joked that it was the "swimsuit" part of the audition.

Ergo, ship was written, ship was directed, ship was planned (and subsequently ship was abandoned )
      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        I agree. AT and RDA had a good - PROFESSIONAL - relationship, and that chemistry carried over to the characters. Yu can tell when actors get along or when they are being professional in front of the camera. Amanda and Rick got along. Anyone that's met the man knows he has a playful personality, and Amanda has a upbeat and friendly personality and they just meshed.

A lot of the times when Jack snarked off, look at Amanda....cause it's rick adlibbing to see if he can make the others laugh. Amanda gave good camera reactions even when the scene didnt' focus on her, so they used her reaction shots a lot, which supported the characters getting along.
        I laugh a lot at those scenes when you can see through the character and see the actors reaction - Amanda giggles a lot and so many times you can see her trying to hide her laugh. I love that about the show. I miss it.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          I laugh a lot at those scenes when you can see through the character and see the actors reaction - Amanda giggles a lot and so many times you can see her trying to hide her laugh. I love that about the show. I miss it.
          Me too *sigh*
          Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            the regs didn't even need to be an issue. once jack stopped being her direct chain of commander (the one writing her reviews and so on), it would be alright for them to pursue a relationship.
            the shipper in me says that sam's absence at the beginning of season 9 could have been explained that she was on her marriage/honeymoon with jack.
            and the sam fan in me still has no probs with that idea (), b/c this thing between her and jack had been building for years and this would have been a realistic end to this arc.
            I agree. And really, they didn't have to shove it anyone's face. Subtle hints would have sufficed. It doesn't need to be the focus of either the show or the characters but just little hints here and there that confirmed the relationship would have been nice.
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
              In "First Commandment" Sam tells Daniel that she's attracted to the lunatic fringe and the camera pans to Jack just as she says it and then back to Sam and Daniel. English literature/Directing 101: an emphasis never means nothing. Limited time per episode/scene means that time is never wasted on meaningless moments!

Also, AT did a screen test with Rick (and no one else) pre-show, she even joked that it was the "swimsuit" part of the audition.

Ergo, ship was written, ship was directed, ship was planned (and subsequently ship was abandoned )
              Do you ever get the idea they deliberately teased the audience with the ship? It felt like it was dangled in our faces but there was always an excuse why they couldn't do it. And while it was kinda fun with the dangling of the proverbial carrot in front of the donkey, it would have been nice to end the show with the donkey finally getting it's carrot. Know what I mean?
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Me too but I love Sam's reaction because that's my reaction too.

As for the ship, clearly TPTB were playing to it to some degree, hence Broca Divide and the AU episodes where Sam/Jack are together. I am not a big shipper but one of my complaints was always that TPTB were fence sitters, hinting but not confirming, and thereby made all fans, shippers and non, unhappy.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I agree. And really, they didn't have to shove it anyone's face. Subtle hints would have sufficed. It doesn't need to be the focus of either the show or the characters but just little hints here and there that confirmed the relationship would have been nice.
                  and how easy that would have been to do. how so, sooo easy.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    Me too but I love Sam's reaction because that's my reaction too.
                    As for the ship, clearly TPTB were playing to it to some degree, hence Broca Divide and the AU episodes where Sam/Jack are together. I am not a big shipper but one of my complaints was always that TPTB were fence sitters, hinting but not confirming, and thereby made all fans, shippers and non, unhappy.
                    I guess that's one of the things that made this show so endearing. There is this real element of emotion played. And Amanda displays a lot of feeling in her actions. You can tell it's not all acting. And I love that. It makes the character so much more personable and appealing. Amanda is just so good like that with all of the characters she's played.
                    In the movie Stuck, it was such a different character to what I'm used to seeing from Amanda that I would have loved to have gotten a look of what she was thinking on the inside.
                    And then when you meet her in person, it's just such a surreal moment. She's just that different from a lot of actors out there. There a real sincerity about her.

I should stop before I get too mushy.
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      and how easy that would have been to do. how so, sooo easy.
                      Too easy but maybe they had more fun teasing - makes you wonder how far they might have gone had the show continued for a few more seasons.
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i wonder when amanda's going to return to being in front of the camera? i sure miss seeing her...
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

I can't decide which of these to print and get signed at AT7. I'm going to take 2 but I don't know which. I'm printing some extras to donate to the Charity Desk for people to buy if anyone is interested.

I've sent them to Julia to make sure they're all fine to bring.

Last edited by neverendingimagination; 11 February 2014, 05:15 PM.
                          Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                          If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

neverendingimagination, i like the first one the most.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I know you never want to hear from me N-E-I, but may I say something?

Your picture of Amanda as Helen is much more............ umm..... "realistic" than the one of Amanda as Sam. Your Sam has a very strong left cheekbones, and your Helen is much softer in the face, and looks far more accurate.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                I know you never want to hear from me N-E-I, but may I say something?

Your picture of Amanda as Helen is much more............ umm..... "realistic" than the one of Amanda as Sam. Your Sam has a very strong left cheekbones, and your Helen is much softer in the face, and looks far more accurate.
                                The 'Sam' painting was the first digital painting I've ever done, the Helen one was the second. It makes sense that 'Helen' would be better. I do look back at the Sam one and think of all the bits I would change. I leave it alone because - knowing me - I'd only do something to it that I'd hate.

Thanks for your comment though.

Edit: I tell a lie, Helen was the 4th - Sam, Vala, Janet then Helen.
                                Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                                If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Working...
                                X