No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Nei! If I had to choose I'd choose the one with both Sam and Helen. They are all amazing though. That's definitely something I don't think I could do
    sigpic

----------
    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      neverendingimagination, i like the first one the most.
      I like the first one too. But they're all brilliant.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Turns out it's too late to donate to the charity desk, never mind.
        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
        If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          Do you ever get the idea they deliberately teased the audience with the ship? It felt like it was dangled in our faces but there was always an excuse why they couldn't do it. And while it was kinda fun with the dangling of the proverbial carrot in front of the donkey, it would have been nice to end the show with the donkey finally getting it's carrot. Know what I mean?
          Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          As for the ship, clearly TPTB were playing to it to some degree, hence Broca Divide and the AU episodes where Sam/Jack are together. I am not a big shipper but one of my complaints was always that TPTB were fence sitters, hinting but not confirming, and thereby made all fans, shippers and non, unhappy.
          *Nods* I think they enjoyed the 'power' and strength of fan reaction, sadly the only people they pleased in the end was TPTB

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Amanda has wrapped up filming her episodes of Continuum this season.

My tesla makes her acting debut. @ContinuumSeries @TeslaMotors Fun!! @ErikKWKnudsen got to drive. http://pic.twitter.com/8pB2d1PjQu

Just wrapped my two episodes on @ContinuumSeries !!! Wow. Thank you everyone for an incredible experience! Xoxo
            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
              In "First Commandment" Sam tells Daniel that she's attracted to the lunatic fringe and the camera pans to Jack just as she says it and then back to Sam and Daniel. English literature/Di
              I always thought that significant look was her comment about "when you spend that much time in black ops it does something to you" more than a reference to Jack being somewhat she'd be attracted to.

I'd say I'm a "teamer" more than an anti-shipper but I wish they had never even gone down that road at all.
              Polar bears where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                I always thought that significant look was her comment about "when you spend that much time in black ops it does something to you" more than a reference to Jack being somewhat she'd be attracted to.

I'd say I'm a "teamer" more than an anti-shipper but I wish they had never even gone down that road at all.
                You called?

Yea I agree I didn't take that comment as a shippy one either, more as you say as a comment on black ops.
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

I prefer the team aspect as well.
                  HOWEVER.
                  You would have to be somewhat "blind" to not notice the attraction between Sam and Jack, hell, it's even written into the show and hinted at (though, I would say outright stated) in more than one ep.
                  Should they never have done it at all??
                  I don't know. Life and death situations tend to build connections with people, and I sorta think it would be more unbelievable if the wasn't a connection between Sam and *someone*, be it Jack or Teal'c or Daniel, or Vala and someone else later on.
                  I don't know if I can think of a series where such connections are not forged over time.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    I prefer the team aspect as well.
                    HOWEVER.
                    You would have to be somewhat "blind" to not notice the attraction between Sam and Jack, hell, it's even written into the show and hinted at (though, I would say outright stated) in more than one ep.
                    Should they never have done it at all??
                    I don't know. Life and death situations tend to build connections with people, and I sorta think it would be more unbelievable if the wasn't a connection between Sam and *someone*, be it Jack or Teal'c or Daniel, or Vala and someone else later on.
                    I don't know if I can think of a series where such connections are not forged over time.
                    also, most ppl *like* romance in movies and shows, so that's why it's put in. it's in everything...

sally

sigpic

Comment

also, most ppl *like* romance in movies and shows, so that's why it's put in. it's in everything...

I dunno Sal.
                      I don't think attraction needs to spill over to "romance". I get attracted to plenty of ladies, but I would prefer to romance my wife.
                      sigpic

Comment

I dunno Sal.
                        I don't think attraction needs to spill over to "romance". I get attracted to plenty of ladies, but I would prefer to romance my wife.
                        well, whatever. i'm just talking about romance being in movies, shows, etc. it's popular.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

well, whatever. i'm just talking about romance being in movies, shows, etc. it's popular.
                          Sure it is, don't mean I want, or need to see it in *everything* (the romance bit)
                          sigpic

Comment

Sure it is, don't mean I want, or need to see it in *everything* (the romance bit)
                            to each his/her own.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Maybe romance isn't always the right term, but interpersonal relationships, chemistry, character interaction.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The Valenship Thread is now OPEN!

By neverendingimagination

Stop on by and join the FUN!
                                Last edited by IamDKScully; 15 February 2014, 08:49 AM. Reason: fixed link
                                sigpic

----------
                                FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Working...
                                X