Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
    I fully appreciate 'save for web and devices' in photoshop now

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r316/laurens18/SG1/SamanthaCartergate_zpsc503f16c.jpg[/img]

and

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r316/laurens18/SG1/women-of-Stargate-SG1_zps17b030b8.jpg[/img]
    Those are pretty darn cool.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

This is the digital painting I wanted to show you

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps629ad6e7.png

and this one, although the resolution once uploaded is not very good

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps97e44477.png

I hope this link is allowed, someone please shout if it isn't.
      So jealous....
      sigpic
      Sig made by Nola
      Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Amanda retweeting some Sanctuary news and a couple of pics from the Supernatural set.

Yay!!! and ditto. Xo RT @damiankindler: Good news for Sanctuary fans. Of which, I am one. @SanctuarySeries http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/news/...ication-377267

RT @RobertDMcNeill: @amandatapping #dreamscometrue pic.twitter.com/VtXPPxfKBo. What an amazing director. Such a pleasure!

Such fun!! As always. Xo RT @NelsonLeis: With @amandatapping and @RobertDMcNeill and the gang on @CW_Supernatural pic.twitter.com/QqL5tSMEkg
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

So apparently Sanctuary has been syndicated. This means that individual TV stations can buy the rights to air it. Which is good news. First, it's money for the cast and crew (most likely they get somesort of residuals) but it's also broader exposure for the show. Classic trek being syndicated is what kept it fresh inpeoples' minds for a couple of decades.
          Now I don't think Sanctuary is a classic trek, but any exposure is good and works against the show just fading away. So yay for them and yay for fans.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            So apparently Sanctuary has been syndicated. This means that individual TV stations can buy the rights to air it. Which is good news. First, it's money for the cast and crew (most likely they get somesort of residuals) but it's also broader exposure for the show. Classic trek being syndicated is what kept it fresh inpeoples' minds for a couple of decades.
            Now I don't think Sanctuary is a classic trek, but any exposure is good and works against the show just fading away. So yay for them and yay for fans.
            Good. Very good!
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

That is great news for Sanctuary! I think as you say, like Startrek, Stargate being repeated on all the time on different channels kept that fresh too, allowed younger audiences to watch it too. Hope this brings more viewers to it and increases its popularity.

O.T - Though I highly doubt it will mean more money for the crew. I would imagine the contracts are set up so the crew get paid a set fee. In terms of writing/acting/directing, the 'intellectual property' or 'performance' rights are sold to the production company. The contracts usually state payment for the initial writing/performance/directing and so many repeats thereafter before they get paid a separate repeat fee - and going by what writers have said about their own repeat fees its not much, cheques for a couple of pounds (sterling) if their episode is repeated. Most of the monies received are likely to go to the production company (In this case I think Sanctuary Productions 2 is owned (at least in part) by Amanda/Damien/Martin isn't it so in this specific case some of the royalties will go to actor/writer/director - and whoever got their fingers in the pie in the latter series/seasons.) In saying this there could well be a clause in writers/directors/actors/artists contracts stating, 'if this series goes into syndication... entitled to x% of fee or a set fee of $X CAD).

Boy I've drabbled again. I'll shut up now.

(Source: My own memory of lectures/talks with various writers/directors/producers as part of MA in TV Scriptwriting - which reminds me, if anyone in the UK is interested in scriptwriting look at the MA at DMU Leicester, best two years of my education - shameless plug)
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

That is great news for Sanctuary! I think as you say, like Startrek, Stargate being repeated on all the time on different channels kept that fresh too, allowed younger audiences to watch it too. Hope this brings more viewers to it and increases its popularity.

O.T - Though I highly doubt it will mean more money for the crew. I would imagine the contracts are set up so the crew get paid a set fee. In terms of writing/acting/directing, the 'intellectual property' or 'performance' rights are sold to the production company. The contracts usually state payment for the initial writing/performance/directing and so many repeats thereafter before they get paid a separate repeat fee - and going by what writers have said about their own repeat fees its not much, cheques for a couple of pounds (sterling) if their episode is repeated. Most of the monies received are likely to go to the production company (In this case I think Sanctuary Productions 2 is owned (at least in part) by Amanda/Damien/Martin isn't it so in this specific case some of the royalties will go to actor/writer/director - and whoever got their fingers in the pie in the latter series/seasons.) In saying this there could well be a clause in writers/directors/actors/artists contracts stating, 'if this series goes into syndication... entitled to x% of fee or a set fee of $X CAD).

Boy I've drabbled again. I'll shut up now.

(Source: My own memory of lectures/talks with various writers/directors/producers as part of MA in TV Scriptwriting - which reminds me, if anyone in the UK is interested in scriptwriting look at the MA at DMU Leicester, best two years of my education - shameless plug)
                Whilst a lot of what you say is true in general for the industry, Sanctuary was a bit different even from the beginning with cast, crew and directors working at reduced prices, some in return for a share of the show. So those are the ones who will be benefiting.

BTW Damian, Amanda & Martin's company is My Plastic Badger and each year a limited company was formed with them to produce a season - Sanctuary 1 Productions, Sanctuary 2 Productions etc
                -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  Whilst a lot of what you say is true in general for the industry, Sanctuary was a bit different even from the beginning with cast, crew and directors working at reduced prices, some in return for a share of the show. So those are the ones who will be benefiting.

BTW Damian, Amanda & Martin's company is My Plastic Badger and each year a limited company was formed with them to produce a season - Sanctuary 1 Productions, Sanctuary 2 Productions etc
                  That's very good way of working, good on them for doing that, I'd imagine it promoted better morale and team spirit. And thanks for the info on My Plastic Badger, very interesting.
                  Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

That's very good way of working, good on them for doing that, I'd imagine it promoted better morale and team spirit. And thanks for the info on My Plastic Badger, very interesting.
                    I have all 4 seasons on DVD and on one of the extras the guest stars frequently said they really wanted to work on Sanctuary because it had the friendliest cast and crew. I think someone put it on YouTube too. A lot of the time you can see/hear people laughing. That's the kind of place I'd like to work!
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by Nola

Comment

Happy for all connected with Sanctuary, including the fans, that the show has been sold in syndication. Now all we need is AT to be back on TV in a regular series.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        Happy for all connected with Sanctuary, including the fans, that the show has been sold in syndication. Now all we need is AT to be back on TV in a regular series.
                        *fingers crossed*
                        -

Comment

*crosses fingers too*

Comment

*and toes*
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              *and toes*
                              Ditto!
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by Nola

Comment

do you think it could work for the series in getting some kind of deal for bringing it back? or at least as a mini series?

helen was really an awesome character! only hindered, though, in my opinion, by some mediocre...
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X