No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry about it. And I guess you guys like rum, then?
    Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
    My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
      Hi, I saw those tweets earlier, they made me smile.

I'm new here, in fact I'm pretty new to Stargate. My friend was constantly telling me to watch this amazing that I'd love because it had references to Ancient Egypt (a love of mine) and a fabulous actress playing the female lead - I decide to watch it when I get the time. Couple of months later of her telling me about this 'Amanda Tapping' and hinting strongly at me to watch 'Stargate' I'm thinking, who? Do I really have time for watching a new series? I start seeing stuff about Amanda appearing in her tweets and she starts telling me about AT6 coming up and how much she wished she could go and that she'd love to go to the next one. Having decided she wasn't going to quit bugging me over it I thought I better watch this program quickly - several weeks of being glued to the screen later and I'd watched the whole TV series through. Several months later and we'd booked tickets for AT7 - what a turn around eh? I then watched Sanctuary start to finish too - I've now watched both to the point of practically knowing them off by heart.

I absolutely adore Sam, and then Magnus and think Amanda is amazing. The charity work she does and her passion for her industry and particularly women in the industry is inspiring. From seeing some clips of her at conventions she seems really nice and a bit goofy (in a good way) and I'm really looking forward to meeting her at AT7.
      Welcome to the thread.

I will also be at AT7, so looking forward to meeting you.

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
      Hi neverendingimagination,

I'm going to AT7 too with several of my friends! I'm fairly new to this fandom too and I have to tell you it is the best thing that ever happened in my life! I never felt so at home in a place and loved and accepted for who I am.
      And I still think it's absolutely amazing how Amanda joins so many people from all over the world! I have never met her and AT7 will be my first time I see her in real life and get a feel of her beauty and generosity. I don't think I have ever come in contact with her person who's as kind, sweet, loving, caring and generous as her. No words will ever be good enough to describe how much I love her and I'm extremely grateful I will get the chance to thank her for everything she had done for me! I'm so looking forward to AT7

ps. It will be great to meet you there as well! And Welcome to the family
      That's because you haven't met me yet. (waits for the comments to fly on that one )

In all seriousness, it really is an amazing thing that so many diverse people from so many places have come to know and love each other just through their admiration of AT.

Originally posted by murrinholi View Post
      Hi, I'm new here too, I'm the friend that introduced neverendimgimagination to Stargate, and she pointed me in the direction of this forum, everyone seems so lovely and I'm really excited to explore this wonderful community!
      I've watched Stargate basically from the beginning, with my dad, I loved Sam/Amanda from the beginning! She is a wonderful human being and can't wait to meet her - and thank her, through watching Stargate, and discussing the scientific 'speak' Sam would say, and the plots, helped me communicate with my autistic brother, who at that point was 7, being bullied by pupils and teachers alike because he was different. He basically shut down, so I have Amanda and indeed Stargate to thank for bringing him out of his shell and he was able to open up. He is now a incredibly empathic 16 year old, who is extremely excited I'm finally getting to meet my favourite actress! This Friday we're having a stargate marathon day at his request, which is super cool.

I'm also really looking forward to meeting everyone, and learning how to navigate these forums!
      That is an amazing story, one that I'm sure AT will love to hear from you.

Welcome to the thread. Looking forward to meeting you at AT7.

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
      Hi, room for a little one? I love Sam/Amanda. I actually told my friend yesterday that I'd marry someone called Carter, dye my hair blonde, and put in blue contacts. As a joke, obviously, I don't think I could compare.
      Always room for more!

Welcome to the thread.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I've already concluded Gateworld is bad for my health. Less than 12 hours here and my shippery has increased 100 fold. You're all so lovely its going to be hard to tear myself away and make room for RL.

P.S Hello everyone that said hello whilst I was asleep *waves*
        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
        If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Always room for more!

Welcome to the thread.
          Thank you. I was wondering if I should post the link to a photobucket album where I have a chibi of Sam?

Comment

Yes please
            Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

The album where chibi Sam is:
              http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/Si...rawings?page=1
              It says who the others are above their pictures.

Comment

Aww cute

P.s wondering if I'm ever going to lose my probie status

Comment

Aww cute

P.s wondering if I'm ever going to lose my probie status
                  Take a look at this thread ->'Probie' Status for New Members .

You and other very new members will find reading post 1 very useful.
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I read that a while ago. I just try to make my posts as irrelevant to time as possible so it won't be out of place if its accepted hours later.

And thanks. Do you mind if I call you imagine?

Comment

Yeah I read it last night, I can completely understand it as I was an admin on a very small forum and even we had those issues. It's just getting tedious waiting for my replies to be moderated when I'm having a conversation - no disrespect to mods, I also remember groaning everytime a post needed moderating on my mini forum, that's just as tedious.

Comment

Sure Simlead that's fine

Comment

Sure Simlead that's fine
                          Cool. ^_^ You can call me anything. I have t go now or I'll be dragged upstairs kicking and screaming. Loudly. Bye!

Comment

Yeah I read it last night, I can completely understand it as I was an admin on a very small forum and even we had those issues. It's just getting tedious waiting for my replies to be moderated when I'm having a conversation - no disrespect to mods, I also remember groaning everytime a post needed moderating on my mini forum, that's just as tedious.
                            You won't be on Probie forever and the Mods do what they can to make sure posts are cleared asap.None of us mind clearing posts btw-it's great to have new people join!

Now ,I'll let you all get back to talking about Sam/Amanda.
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I'm jealous of everyone going to AT7. Anyone wanna buy me a ticket? Or the new Amanda book?
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by Nola
                              Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

But you're no longer a probie! Congrats Airman!
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X