No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually time stays the same, it's just the measurements of it change depending on where or how it is measured.

Comment

I definitely think sam had a few rebellious moments. But I also think she was very much daddy's girl and desperate for his approval so I think she never went too far.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
        actually time stays the same, it's just the measurements of it change depending on where or how it is measured.
        Time is relative after all

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          I definitely think sam had a few rebellious moments. But I also think she was very much daddy's girl and desperate for his approval so I think she never went too far.
          Yep, I agree with this. Although, I did wish Sam would let loose a bit more sometimes!
          sigpic
          ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I would bet Sam was pretty well behaved as a youngster. She's not exactly a goody two shoes, no. But dad would have kept her in line, and she was bright enough to be very engaged in and acing academic life. She probably wanted to join from a very early age and knew it wasn't worth screwing up. I love, though, that she learned to break or bend the rules when she needs to to keep the planet safe, even when her superiors don't agree. The evolution of her character throughout the show is wonderful.
            Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
            Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

@amandatapping @SanctuarySeries 80's after party!! http://twitpic.com/69ug21

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                acting really immature helps you feel younger too. it works for me.
                Does that include emotionally immature? Falling for people who are bad for you, reacting to stress inappropriately, suppressing anxiety... If so I'm about 12
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I've always interpreted Sam as being bookish to the extreme before she went to the academy. I just have this mental picture of Mark and Jacob perpetually fighting and Sam trying to play mom and taking refuge in her studies and books. which i think is part of her social ineptness. She was the smart geek that broke the grading curve.

sigpic

Comment

I think Sam was a fairly "good girl" who had the occasional semi-rebellious moments growing up, both with trying to find things to challenge her genius mind, and especially since her father was absent for long periods of time. We see that the two were semi-estranged when we first meet Jacob, so there wasn't total "daddy worship" for at least some period of time. We do, however, see that she was a bit 'domestic' during one of the main defining moments of her childhood. I wish we'd seen more backstory of Sam with her mom, as it would have brought even more depth to her renewed relationship with her father as the series went on.
                    sigpic

Comment

How old do you think (young) Sam was when Jacob told her her mother had died [Jolinar's Memories]?
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                        How old do you think (young) Sam was when Jacob told her her mother had died [Jolinar's Memories]?
                        In the flashback, she looked to be around 13 or 14.

Comment

if sam cut loose any time, she did it after the shuttle crashed and she realized all that she'd spent the better part of 20 years working for was gone

if she'd get a 'frak the world' attitude, i think it'd be then

sigpic

Comment

I had a dream last night that Amanda was getting an award which was great but the dress she wore was just insane! It was black with silver glittery sequins on it which wasn't too bad til she turned around...the back of the dress was cut away to reveal matching short shorts underneath...just weird!!

Re Sam's age when her mother died...I reckon she was anywhere between 14 & 16 years of age. MHO of Sam as a kid growing up was that she was always an intelliegent kid but tried to hide it by being a bit of a dare devil to prove she could be just as bad as the rest of them...but I also believe that she had a very feminine side of her that she kept at home...something perhaps her mother helped influence upon her. I wouldn't say she was tomboy-ish but she wasn't a princess either...sure she had the looks but I think proving herself to be something that she thought everyone wanted her to be was something she battled with most of her young life. I think by the end of season 1 she didn't really need to prove herself anymore. JMHO.
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Just got the tweet...AT6 Ripples, November 9 - 11 2012!
                              Tickets go on sale 10th January 2012.
                              Yay!! I can start planning now...OMG!! Uh oh, I'm gonna miss daughters birthday again...oh well...yay!!
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

hey, i miss my sis' birthday all the time with cons. they never miss it

and i also agree about sam learning that she didn't have to prove herself....i kinda think it came after Jolinar....she gets possessed by a goa'uld and they still accept her rather than shun her, but pretty much the same time span.

I think she earned a lot of jack's respect when she kept him alive in antarctica and then when she joined him in disobeying orders to take on Pops. It takes guts to put your career and freedom on the line for the sake of a suicide mission. worst case scenario they would have died or had to live the rest of their lives in exile or hunted by the SGC.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X