Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weeks #TappingTuesday from @amandatapping

Please check out the new Somalia message @sanctuary4kids! Thanks!

#TappingTuesday Thank You Everyone! It's our last week of shooting and we approach it with mixed emotions....

...Happy for a break and sad for the season to be ending. Thanks for all the support. #Sanctuary

Q1: Andrea Beyer - What do you like and dislike about nightshoots?

A1a: Love the weird energy and the great atmosphere. It's nice to stay up past my bedtime. But it really messes with your time clock

A1b: And I can't sleep well during the day....so I become quite loopy. (yes, more than usual)

Q2: Tanya Sonoqui - As I meander to the treadmill I wonder Amanda, do you have a favorite workout???

A2: BOXING!! Great cardio and overall body workout. Plus, you work out all your issues!

Q3a: Crystal Harris - i would really like to be able to raise money for the Sanctaury4kids at school...

Q3b:...like starting a campain thing at school to raise money for ya'll. know any way of how I can do that, or start out doing that?

A3: Fantastic! Anything goes. People have been very creative for us. Bake sales, car washes.....Anything you can dream of.

Q4: @JumpyAlienNerd - How about @joshuagates showing up at the #Sanctuary while doing a DT episode in search of Bigfoot?

A4: I wouldn't let him in to my house! LOL!

Q5: @BossLadyfan - do you like being directed by @damiankindler ??

A5 Sadly yes. I don't know what that says about me! We speak a cool shorthand because we know each other so well He's really quite wonderful

Q6: @ephynyzon - Has the show been picked up for Season 5? Do u have any superstitions when wrapping for a season or episode?

A6: It hasn't yet. But we certainly hope it does. Always end the season with "See you next year!"

Q7a BONUS Q: Dunne Robin Dear Amanda, who's your most favorite sidekick in the whole wide world? You know, one that is funny, smart...

Q7b: ...charming, some would even say beautiful. A sidekick you simply couldn't face the day without?...

Q7c: ...A sidekick who had you at hello, and who completes you?

A7: Well Robin, I do wonder what that would be like. I imagine it would be quite wonderful. sigh....

Thanks for all the support. I'll endeavor to do Tapping Tuesday periodically throughout the hiatus, because you all make me smile. xo Amanda
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Glad Amanda will be keeping in touch over the hiatus. Can't wait to hear if & when season 5 will start shooting.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

For A7 I would have said, "Ashley! But they killed her off!"
        Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
        Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Sorry for the delay in getting this one up....little busy with work and a sick dog. Anyone ready to move to the next episode can feel free to start it.

Even though this episode gave us some back story for Sam; it is not one of my favorites. Sam refusing to go back and be left out of the mission worked okay for me but going off on her own to stop the man from being beating seemed a little off. I have no problem believing Sam would be unable to shoot Hanson as it is probably the first time she was faced with shooting an unarmed man who she knew. I enjoyed seeing Sam being able to fix the alien device. Jack's knowing the decision to shoot Hanson was difficult one for her and giving her some insight from his experience was a nice ending to the episode.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            Glad Amanda will be keeping in touch over the hiatus. Can't wait to hear if & when season 5 will start shooting.
            i love that way of thinking, that there WILL be a season 5!!
            sally

sigpic

Comment

@ATonline AT Birthday Project Update: Donations have exceeded $500. Great job guys. There's still 7 days left to partici… (cont) http://t.co/sDPZV8C

Comment

definitely want a season 5. all the more reason to have a TSE 2. (hint, hint)

Comment

@amandatapping Everyone LOVES a night shoot! Weeeeeeeeeee! xo twitpic.com/67s718

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                    Sorry for the delay in getting this one up....little busy with work and a sick dog. Anyone ready to move to the next episode can feel free to start it.

Even though this episode gave us some back story for Sam; it is not one of my favorites. Sam refusing to go back and be left out of the mission worked okay for me but going off on her own to stop the man from being beating seemed a little off. I have no problem believing Sam would be unable to shoot Hanson as it is probably the first time she was faced with shooting an unarmed man who she knew. I enjoyed seeing Sam being able to fix the alien device. Jack's knowing the decision to shoot Hanson was difficult one for her and giving her some insight from his experience was a nice ending to the episode.
                    Although we do get a lot of Sam and some of her back story, this is not really a favourite of mine either.

I do really like the scene at the end with Jack. Wonderful moment with Jack as mentor/friend.

I also like Sam kicking the gun out of the hand of Jonas and her ability to fix the device (a sign of all the great stuff to come).

LOL moment about the "lunatic fringe" when the camera is on Jack but it is also a nice talk between Sam/Daniel. I love how they were already friends and she felt comfortable discussing this with him.

I do like that we see Sam's compassion for others here (as in many of the initial eps) as she won't stand by and let a man be beaten to death.

As for the ep as a whole, there are a lot of moments that make me roll my eyes. Why doesn't (forget his name) the SG guy just go through the gate to get help? Why does Hansen's 2IC go along with his delusion to the point of killing people?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*pops in to thread*

Hey all, I was just wondering how you would describe AT in one (or so) words?

Thanks in advance!
                      sigpic
                      ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                        *pops in to thread*

Thanks in advance!
                        Magnificent.
                        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

*pops in to thread*

Thanks in advance!
                          The first word that popped into my head was "inspiring". But "role model" would fit as well.
                          sigpic

Comment

*pops in to thread*

Thanks in advance!
                            brilliant
                            sigpic
                            The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

*pops in to thread*

Thanks in advance!
                              love.

sally

sigpic

Comment

*pops in to thread*

Thanks in advance!
                                powerful

skinny

Comment

Working...
                                X