No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't get into the Stanley Cup thing since I figure I win both ways. My Dad's family lives in BC and Alberta and I used to live in Boston and love the place. Soooo....as long as they play a good hockey I'm happy whoever wins.

On another note I just have to share this. Today was a good day and I'll tell you why. I work at a place that is on the inner harbor of Lake Michigan in Milwaukee. We have a green roof and for reasons I will never understand a mallard duck uses it to lay her eggs and hatch them. This roof is a good 30 feet above the ground. When the ducklings hatch and get large enough, Mom moves the whole family to the lake. She flies down to the ground and encourages her offspring to "jump-glide" down from the roof to the ground and they do it. It is very strange to watch. Anyway, this year Mom got her crew together on the ground and began her march to the lake when three of her babies encountered a sewer grate and fell in. Mom had to move on there was no way they were going to get out. But don't despair my observant boss, who was watching, heard the little ones and with the help of a 4 foot crowbar for leverage and 2 strong women and one strong guy they got the grate off and we rescued our ducklings. Unfortunately, Mom had moved on up the river. But two of our boat crew got the zodiac out and with our ducklings went up the river in search of Mom. Sad to say after 2 hours they couldn't find her. Fortunately, the local Humane society has a wild life rescue section and they took the ducklings and will raise them up and release them back into the wild when they are big enough. The story doesn't end there. An email went out and the folks at work donated $46 to the Humane society to support their work in rehabilitating injured or abandoned animals. What was funny before we transported them we put a dish in the box with water. They used it as their own private swimming pool. They were so cute.

Comment

@amandatapping @RobinDunne was totally amazing today. 1st day directing and he ROCKED IT!!!! So proud of you my friend. Xoxoxo

Aww.

Edit:

@amandatapping Yes! But he made a lot of weird faces! I think it was painful for him. RT @OrientalLilly: Yes, but did he keep his pants on??

@amandatapping Lets not get too hasty now. RT @JillianNixon: @amandatapping aw, he's a growin up

Last edited by Rocky89; 01 June 2011, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Hehe...t'was fun watching the Stanley Cup...well not exactly watching but having it relayed via msn...thank you Mandy!! So glad the Canucks won this first round.

OT:
        Spoiler:
        My dog Bill is well on the way to a full recovery. We're so relieved and I can go back to work this weekend. He still needs babysitting tho...I'm sure I'm going to smother him more now...very weird how when you come so close to losing something special you cling to it harder.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

re: Stanley Cup-- my roommie and I are rooting for opposite teams. It was a tense evening in our living room. My shriek at that goal with 19 seconds left may have woken the neighbors. Oops. I am not normally given to such displays, but it WAS an incredibly tense game.

The goalies? UN-believable.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
            I feel all warm and fuzzy. Love ya back!

Is she feverish? Or has she been hitting the rum?
            I blame Cup fever!

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
            I won't get into the Stanley Cup thing since I figure I win both ways. My Dad's family lives in BC and Alberta and I used to live in Boston and love the place. Soooo....as long as they play a good hockey I'm happy whoever wins.

On another note I just have to share this. Today was a good day and I'll tell you why. I work at a place that is on the inner harbor of Lake Michigan in Milwaukee. We have a green roof and for reasons I will never understand a mallard duck uses it to lay her eggs and hatch them. This roof is a good 30 feet above the ground. When the ducklings hatch and get large enough, Mom moves the whole family to the lake. She flies down to the ground and encourages her offspring to "jump-glide" down from the roof to the ground and they do it. It is very strange to watch. Anyway, this year Mom got her crew together on the ground and began her march to the lake when three of her babies encountered a sewer grate and fell in. Mom had to move on there was no way they were going to get out. But don't despair my observant boss, who was watching, heard the little ones and with the help of a 4 foot crowbar for leverage and 2 strong women and one strong guy they got the grate off and we rescued our ducklings. Unfortunately, Mom had moved on up the river. But two of our boat crew got the zodiac out and with our ducklings went up the river in search of Mom. Sad to say after 2 hours they couldn't find her. Fortunately, the local Humane society has a wild life rescue section and they took the ducklings and will raise them up and release them back into the wild when they are big enough. The story doesn't end there. An email went out and the folks at work donated $46 to the Humane society to support their work in rehabilitating injured or abandoned animals. What was funny before we transported them we put a dish in the box with water. They used it as their own private swimming pool. They were so cute.

Awww....sweet story.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            Hehe...t'was fun watching the Stanley Cup...well not exactly watching but having it relayed via msn...thank you Mandy!! So glad the Canucks won this first round.

OT:
            Spoiler:
            My dog Bill is well on the way to a full recovery. We're so relieved and I can go back to work this weekend. He still needs babysitting tho...I'm sure I'm going to smother him more now...very weird how when you come so close to losing something special you cling to it harder.
            glad is is OK.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
            re: Stanley Cup-- my roommie and I are rooting for opposite teams. It was a tense evening in our living room. My shriek at that goal with 19 seconds left may have woken the neighbors. Oops. I am not normally given to such displays, but it WAS an incredibly tense game.

The goalies? UN-believable.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post

Awesome! I have addresses for local rehabilitators. I even found a baby bird in the parking garage at work once. Went to the bosses office (with said baby in my hands) and said "I need to leave early to take the birdie to the rehabilitator". Luckily, he didn't object. My cats get a little freaked out when I have baby animals in the house though. Have to protect the birdies and squirrels from them until they can get to safety.
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                I wish Paul the octopus was still alive so he could tell us...I'm barracking for the Canucks.

Me thinks Amanda has opened a huge can of worms with Robin Dunne on twitter...it will be fun to see how this "war" plays out...I can almost picture her giggling while typing that tweet on Robin's account...no doubt with Damian & Martin cheering her on. Oh but to be a fly on the wall at Norco!!
                So far the Canucks have it and I am winning. Of course, if Boston won I wood still be winning. I am so confused!

To be a fly on any wall with that group!
                Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                *sneaks into the thread*

"AMANDA TAPPING IS AWESOME"

*runs out, arms akimbo*
                Why yes! Yes she is!
                Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                Totally!

Love ya! (there, I have said it publicly )
                I knew you could be completely impartial.
                sigpic

Comment

@amandatapping @RobinDunne directing!! Pure fear. http://twitpic.com/563p3e

Comment

A very cute gen Sam fic

Title: Speeding Again
                    Genre: Team, humour
                    Rating: K
                    Spoilers: Set a week after "Fair Game," but no spoilers.
                    Disclaimer: Mine? No? Damn.

http://fridayschild85.livejournal.com/10644.html#cutid1
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      A very cute gen Sam fic

Title: Speeding Again
                      Genre: Team, humour
                      Rating: K
                      Spoilers: Set a week after "Fair Game," but no spoilers.
                      Disclaimer: Mine? No? Damn.

http://fridayschild85.livejournal.com/10644.html#cutid1
                      Wonderful story Sky. Be sure to rec any similar ones when you run across them. Please..

Comment

Amanda will be a presenter at this year's Leo Awards.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                          Amanda will be a presenter at this year's Leo Awards.
                          And hopefully a winner too! If she doesn't win for "Breach", there's no justice.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                            And hopefully a winner too! If she doesn't win for "Breach", there's no justice.
                            Damn straight. She gave awesome performances in Requiem and Breach, and if she doesn't win for Breach... the world really is ending in 2012.

Oh, and she was great in Pavor, but she should have been nominated for Veritas.

Comment

Latest posting on S4K website:

Dear Friends:

Thank you for visiting us and for your ongoing support and interest. June marks the beginning of new relationships in Haiti. We have committed funds to the school of SOPUDEP, which is offering so much more than schooling to its community, and to Phoenix Vision Society, which is offering education, microfinancing and community building with trauma counseling support at its root. We remain committed to Haiti and helping individuals and communities rebuild their lives.

Haiti remains one of the most crippled nations in the world, and is of particular interest to us as a part of North America. If we were to rate the depth of crisis that our donor organizations are in, Haiti would be off the charts. As such, money sent to them is sorely needed, and most in jeopardy of corruption, and possible failure. However, it is also the money that is most important to give. Sanctuary for Kids is helping children in crisis and no country more adequately matches our mandate.

More than a million people are still living amid rubble, in emergency camps, in abject poverty; cholera, meanwhile, has claimed thousands of lives. As time passes, what began as a natural disaster is becoming a disgraceful reflection on the international community. Official commitments have not been honoured; only a minuscule portion of what was promised has been paid out. The Haitian people feel abandoned and disheartened by the slowness with which rebuilding is taking place.

Check the charities page for more details on these two organizations, and watch for blogs with personal updates from the field- in Haiti, Vancouver, and Nepal!

Blessings,

Amanda, Jill and Damian

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Just a reminder re Sanctuary season 3 eps in UK. There are two on tues 9o/c and 10o/c on Watch. Pax Romana and Hangover

Mumsey
                                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X