Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<<much rejoicing>>

Whatever was wrong w/GW has now been fixed! (Obviously!)
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

@amandatapping #1 reason not to get Botox. Olivia calls the wrinkles on my forehead the stairway to my brain. Without them, how would I find it? #smartkid

Good logic from a 6 year old.

Comment

Wow. It must be weird trying to weigh up need vs risk of corruption when working out where donations will do the most good. It feels good to donate to a charity that keep us up to date like this, let us know some of their processes.

In completely off topic news...

Spoiler:
        Yesterday I bought my first car. Went for *ahem* within my means and fuel efficient, so it's a 1989 ford laser, dark blue If I didn't know the person I was buying it off, I would never believe the story- little old lady who took a mechanics course and was changing the oil into her 90s, polishing it every month and having it serviced every 6 months. Only 90,000km (55,923 miles) on it. Very tidy little car Sounds like a rip off right? For once it's totally legit and has all the papers and service records to back it up. And rather awesomely, got the car, a year of insurance and a full tank of petrol without going into debt

Heee!

A few firsts today, after my insurance policy was sorted... first time driving without power steering, first time driving in the rain, first time driving in the dark and first time driving on the highway when it's dark and raining But best of all... first time driving my own car!

Now the only thing left to do is name it and suggestions? Dark blue with a red stripe.
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          Wow. It must be weird trying to weigh up need vs risk of corruption when working out where donations will do the most good. It feels good to donate to a charity that keep us up to date like this, let us know some of their processes.

Spoiler:
          Yesterday I bought my first car. Went for *ahem* within my means and fuel efficient, so it's a 1989 ford laser, dark blue If I didn't know the person I was buying it off, I would never believe the story- little old lady who took a mechanics course and was changing the oil into her 90s, polishing it every month and having it serviced every 6 months. Only 90,000km (55,923 miles) on it. Very tidy little car Sounds like a rip off right? For once it's totally legit and has all the papers and service records to back it up. And rather awesomely, got the car, a year of insurance and a full tank of petrol without going into debt

Heee!

A few firsts today, after my insurance policy was sorted... first time driving without power steering, first time driving in the rain, first time driving in the dark and first time driving on the highway when it's dark and raining But best of all... first time driving my own car!

Now the only thing left to do is name it and suggestions? Dark blue with a red stripe.
          I'd just call it "Old Blue" --not very original but certainly descriptive. Be good to it and it'll be good to you

Comment

The guy who sold it to me (coworker's husband) said he was happy to see it go to a girl who would look after it like his mother did. I got a bit teary. I totes have to be good to it now
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              @amandatapping #1 reason not to get Botox. Olivia calls the wrinkles on my forehead the stairway to my brain. Without them, how would I find it? #smartkid

Good logic from a 6 year old.
              Is it only coincidence that Olivia is such a bright child considering Amanda was pregnant with her while portraying Sam Carter? That seems like such a Sam Carter comment ... on second thought, it's more of a Jack O'Neill comment.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                <<much rejoicing>>

Whatever was wrong w/GW has now been fixed! (Obviously!)
                ummm.....still taking quite a while to load for me.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

Spoiler:

Heee!

I had a discussion with Jill about this before when they ran their initial Haiti campaign. I intended to donate and was in the process of deciding which organization when they announced their campaign. Made it easy for me, I made Jill do all the work to ensure the money went to the right organization!

As for the OT, I think EH-T is a lovely name. Congrats on the car. Treat her with care.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I feel like the car is a dainty wee girl car, so I'm not letting my mum name her Blue Boy. I'm warming to Old Blue, after the Chatham Island black robin that saved her species from the brink of extinction. In 1980 only 5 birds remained and Old Blue was the only fertile female.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Robin
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                    Is it only coincidence that Olivia is such a bright child considering Amanda was pregnant with her while portraying Sam Carter? That seems like such a Sam Carter comment ... on second thought, it's more of a Jack O'Neill comment.
                    Precisely. I hope she keeps listening to Olivia. Beautiful, confident woman...
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I don't post often but I heard a song on my drive home that made me think of Amanda, thought I'd share. It's by Bruno Mars, called Just The Way You Are.

A few of the lyrics;

'Oh her eyes, her eyes
                      Make the stars look like they're not shining'

'Cause you're amazing
                      Just the way you are
                      And when you smile,
                      The whole world stops and stares for awhile'

'Oh you know, you know, you know
                      I'd never ask you to change
                      If perfect's what you're searching for
                      Then just stay the same'

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        ummm.....still taking quite a while to load for me.
                        It was fast for about 5 minutes. <<irritated>>
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by shining light View Post
                          I don't post often but I heard a song on my drive home that made me think of Amanda, thought I'd share. It's by Bruno Mars, called Just The Way You Are.

A few of the lyrics;

'Oh her eyes, her eyes
                          Make the stars look like they're not shining'

'Cause you're amazing
                          Just the way you are
                          And when you smile,
                          The whole world stops and stares for awhile'

'Oh you know, you know, you know
                          I'd never ask you to change
                          If perfect's what you're searching for
                          Then just stay the same'
                          Yup, I think of her when I hear that song too! There is a vid that was created with that song, it's a Sam/Jack shipper vid, but it has a lot of great Sam smiles. I think it's on You Tube, don't know the direct link.

Comment

isnt' anyone gonna come and play?
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...-*Spoilerific*
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

A song that makes me think of her:

It's her hair and her eyes today
                              that just simply take me away
                              and the feeling that i'm falling further in love
                              makes me shiver but in a good way
                              all the times i have sat and stared
                              as she thoughtfully thumbs through her hair
                              and she purses her lips, bats her eyes as she plays,
                              with me sitting there slack-jawed and nothing to say
                              CHORUS:
                              cause I love her with all that I am
                              and my voice shakes along with my hands
                              cause she’s all that I see and she’s all that I need
                              and I'm out of my league once again

It's a masterful melody when she calls out my name to me
                              as the world spins around her she laughs, rolls her eyes
                              and i feel like i'm falling but it's no surprise
                              CHORUS
                              cause it's frightening to be swimming in this strange sea
                              but i'd rather be here than on land
                              yes she's all that i see and she's all that i need
                              and i'm out of my league once again

-Stephen Speaks
                              She's out of my league video *Warning: S/J*
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

"I" don't love her with all that I am... I'll leave that to Jack.

The hair & eyes, etc, though, remind me of her...
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X