Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    When I write notes/letters at & for work, I write them as I would say them...much better than not, as when I actually speak to staff they know what I'm saying coz its just like I wrote it in the communication log.
    I got my F@#*Cancer bracelet today with $50 going directly to Inspire Health...it's quite pretty. Can't wait to show mum & the brothers on Saturday for Father's Day...we're going to the mountains for lunch then to dad's tree to eat Clinkers & marzipan.
    So hey, Amanda says she has a 71 Volkswagen convertible - is that the car she was in on the "special" epi thing she was doing a couple of years ago? Does anyone recall that? Sorry to be vague but I don't recall the name of the show...some space thingy-me-bob show.
    I do write and type things the way I would talk, but in certain things I do try to be serious and what not.

Congrats on the bracelet, sounds nice. Father's Day? Cool, we don't have that until June in Canada. Enjoy.

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
    techo tapping i like it!
    Seems we have a new nickname for her.

Originally posted by suse View Post

suse
    What's so confusing? Some people think on twitter those came from FB. Maybe.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    For the Canadians out there, I have been crazy busy lately but came home last night and clicked on the tube (yes, my TV still has tubes ) to find Dancing Trees. Unfortunately the movie had started about 45 minutes prior and I missed AT's part. For those at home, it is on the Mystery Channel twice today (if you get that channel, I don't), check your local listings.
    I was going to tape it, but I forgot, or my subconscious made me forget because of what happens. I did see the ending though,
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    and I'm glad her killer got what her had coming. Bang.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      For the Canadians out there, I have been crazy busy lately but came home last night and clicked on the tube (yes, my TV still has tubes ) to find Dancing Trees. Unfortunately the movie had started about 45 minutes prior and I missed AT's part. For those at home, it is on the Mystery Channel twice today (if you get that channel, I don't), check your local listings.
      We need to get it in the US (on a channel *I* get).

Dancing Trees, Dancing Trees!

Comment

So hey, Amanda says she has a 71 Volkswagen convertible - is that the car she was in on the "special" epi thing she was doing a couple of years ago? Does anyone recall that? Sorry to be vague but I don't recall the name of the show...some space thingy-me-bob show.
        i believe the car that amanda was using for that special thinger was a way more up-to-date model of the vw bug.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

i THINK, in...ooh the one with charles shaunessy in it, that the car was hers, but i could certainly be wrong
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            i THINK, in...ooh the one with charles shaunessy in it, that the car was hers, but i could certainly be wrong
            The car that Sam and Daniel get into in this episode is a then current Ford Mustang not a VW Bug.

According to http://www.rdanderson.com/stargate/scenes/tapping.htm they did use Amanda's own Volvo in S7. Chimera is the only place I can think of in S7 where it is shown.
            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              i believe the car that amanda was using for that special thinger was a way more up-to-date model of the vw bug.
              I was thinking the same thing. I can see her holding onto the steering wheel...with a weird freaked out look on her face...very funny!
              It wasn't a Stargate ep..it was like some sort of space show special thing. I think it was filmed sometime during season 10...or season 8...no I'm sure its season 10. Ahhh...I can't remember but it wasn't a Stargate ep. Sorry.
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                Father's Day? Cool, we don't have that until June in Canada. Enjoy.
                yup, fathers day is first sunday of september in oz

Seems we have a new nickname for her.
                indeed we do

What's so confusing? Some people think on twitter those came from FB. Maybe.
                suse had already posted tapping tuesday
                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

i was thinking about the beginning of Prometheus, when the reporter ambushes her with questions about the stargate

and that special thing was some science thing....the feasibility of science fiction being fact or something like that

sigpic

Comment

I went to IMDB to see if it was listed there...I think it was either "Sci fi Inside or Stargate SG1 - True Science which puts it around season 10. Ring any bells??
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I went to IMDB to see if it was listed there...I think it was either "Sci fi Inside or Stargate SG1 - True Science which puts it around season 10. Ring any bells??
                      Do you mean this car ? (0.40sec.)
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWzgG...eature=related
                      SANCTUARY ROCKS

Comment

Originally posted by sweetviviane View Post
                        Yep...that's the one...that definitely looks like a new Volkswagen beetle...thanks for that. Did she flip herself the bird?? That was funny.
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                          suse had already posted tapping tuesday
                          I didn't know until yesterday. I blame Amanda, making lose my common sense.

Yep...that's the one...that definitely looks like a new Volkswagen beetle...thanks for that. Did she flip herself the bird?? That was funny.
                          Well, looks like that answers that question. And yep, she did.

Comment

i wish carmen (argenziano - had to look up that last name ) could have played helen's father. yeah, i know, we'd immediately think of sam-jacob, but they could have done something with carmen to make him not really look like carmen... i miss their wonderful chemistry together.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

maybe he'll be an abnormal

or another member of the cabal...that'd be great, to see him being bad

sigpic

Comment

maybe he'll be an abnormal

or another member of the cabal...that'd be great, to see him being bad

but i'd love to see him and amanda get to work together again.

i'd also love to see helen's mom, but i don't think they're going to do anything. many fans have brought it up in chats/twitter, etc, but no one's ever commented back.

or it could be a surprise.

but i doubt it.

but it 'has' been rather quiet on spoilers....

but i doubt it.

sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X