No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay my 500th post and it was about that big amount of money raised by all the fans, the Sanctuary team and others

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Oh my... guys!

@amandatapping S4K auction tonight raised over $30,000!!! We are all overwhelmed by the incredible love. Can't stop crying. I'm so overwhelmed. LOVE!

@amandatapping You people make this world better and brighter. #TSE is amazing! Thank you from my overflowing and humbled heart. Our fans are the best!!

@amandatapping I finally stopped crying. A small group of fans with their selfless grace and beautiful generosity have elevated this world. Crying again.
      Awww mega hugs Amanda

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Totally stoked for S4K...I just wish Amanda wouldn't cry. I'd love to know more about what was up and what it all fetched...I know that the two nubbins and they're books went for just under $3000. Awesome.
      Congratulations S4Kand the Sanctuary team and the Gabit team and all the fans who helped raise this money.

Is there another auction tomorrow? Just wondering if anyone's gonna have any spending money for MtM.
      What Chelle said
      Thats awsome!!
      sigpic
      (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Aww heck ...well if we're gonna go by what I said I kinda like what Amanda said at Comic Con...she sums it up quite nicely -

"The scifi community is so beautifully, socially connected & so unbelievably generous & so socially aware. And you actually care about causes & you stand behind them."

Well I say this - that is because you, Amanda, inspire and bring out the best in all of us - thank you. xo
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Aww heck ...well if we're gonna go by what I said I kinda like what Amanda said at Comic Con...she sums it up quite nicely -

"The scifi community is so beautifully, socially connected & so unbelievably generous & so socially aware. And you actually care about causes & you stand behind them."

Well I say this - that is because you, Amanda, inspire and bring out the best in all of us - thank you. xo
          She does
          Angel=Amanda
          sigpic
          (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Great news on the $$ raised for S4K! That's what makes these Amanda-centric events doubly cool.

I checked out the ComicCon interview posted on the GW main page & the link to the full interview. One of the main things I liked hearing her say is that she still loves acting! As much as I want her to be able to pursue directing if she wants to (and she does a good job) I selfishly want to *see* her on screen.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
              Oh my... guys!

@amandatapping S4K auction tonight raised over $30,000!!! We are all overwhelmed by the incredible love. Can't stop crying. I'm so overwhelmed. LOVE!

@amandatapping You people make this world better and brighter. #TSE is amazing! Thank you from my overflowing and humbled heart. Our fans are the best!!

@amandatapping I finally stopped crying. A small group of fans with their selfless grace and beautiful generosity have elevated this world. Crying again.
              Oh my... wow and beautiful. These have got to be 3 of Amanda's best tweets, so full of love, respect, praise and joy. If any new fan of Amanda's wants to know more about who she is, and what she thinks about her fans, all they have to do is read her tweets.

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
              ^ wow that is fantastic! and awwies huggles amanda...
              *That* is our Amanda right there.

Totally stoked for S4K...I just wish Amanda wouldn't cry. I'd love to know more about what was up and what it all fetched...I know that the two nubbins and they're books went for just under $3000. Awesome.
              Congratulations S4Kand the Sanctuary team and the Gabit team and all the fans who helped raise this money.

Is there another auction tomorrow? Just wondering if anyone's gonna have any spending money for MtM.
              Very well said, Chelle. But if Amanda didn't cry, we wouldn't see how human and caring she is.

Where'd she say that?

Oh, and well said again, Chelle.

Comment

Hey everyone,

What Chelle said!! Because her words are wonderful!! And I totally agree!!

Totally agree with both Chelle and Amanda!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I'm so happy reading all the reports from TSE and how well it's going!
                  And I'm also glad to hear the Nubbin books were a success

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  Great news on the $$ raised for S4K! That's what makes these Amanda-centric events doubly cool.

I checked out the ComicCon interview posted on the GW main page & the link to the full interview. One of the main things I liked hearing her say is that she still loves acting! As much as I want her to be able to pursue directing if she wants to (and she does a good job) I selfishly want to *see* her on screen.
                  That's a great interview! And see, it's not just us that are interested in talking about AT's hair, she does a pretty good job of doing that herself too
                  I had to look around some to find the video of the interview, so in case it hasn't been posted here yet, here's the link:http://rabiddoll.com/node/1335/amand...sanctuary.html

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post

That's a great interview! And see, it's not just us that are interested in talking about AT's hair, she does a pretty good job of doing that herself too
                    I had to look around some to find the video of the interview, so in case it hasn't been posted here yet, here's the link:http://rabiddoll.com/node/1335/amand...sanctuary.html
                    I like said in the Sanctuary forum: I have never ever seen Amanda look bad at any time. To paraphrase Jack O'Neill, Amanda ALWAYS looks HOT!!
                    Last edited by iiradned; 01 August 2010, 10:51 AM.
                    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Greetings from Vancouver!

I know we haven't been on much, the hotel charges for the internet except in a small area.

The people have been a blast and the SA gang is behaving. Looks like the G4's evil plan to make them behave bore fruit. Rats. (Even is Mandy smothered my traveling companion.)

Will have details later!
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post

I know we haven't been on much, the hotel charges for the internet except in a small area.

The people have been a blast and the SA gang is behaving. Looks like the G4's evil plan to make them behave bore fruit. Rats. (Even is Mandy smothered my traveling companion.)

Will have details later!
                        have fun, suse!
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

@amandatapping #TSE raised $90,000 for Sanctuary for Kids. $90,000! The power, grace and beauty of fandom!! So proud of everyone. My love and devotion. xo

Wow, not that is amazing. There truly must be a wonderful and love filled atmosphere at TSE.
                          Last edited by Rocky89; 04 August 2010, 03:23 PM.

Comment

It was flipping amazing

ANd a good chunk of that money came from the actors that donated their time....100% of the photo and auto fees went to SfK.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey Everyone,

What a phenomenal amount of money raised for S4K!! I was on the currency converter just a few minutes ago and 90,000 CAD is:

55,720.72 GBP

67,009.04 EUR

87,657.99 USD

96,403.45 AUD

120,274.84 NZD

Isn't that awesome?!! Well done to everyone involved!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

i love to see her on screen as well, her acting is just so amazing...

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post

thanks for the link!

Originally posted by suse View Post

Will have details later!
                                Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                It was flipping amazing

ANd a good chunk of that money came from the actors that donated their time....100% of the photo and auto fees went to SfK.
                                glad you are having fun gals! and thanks for the updates...

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                                amandatapping #TSE raised $90,000 for Sanctuary for Kids. $90,000! The power, grace and beauty of fandom!! So proud of everyone. My love and devotion. xo

Wow, not that is amazing. There truly must be a wonderful and love filled atmosphere at TSE.
                                wow, that is an amazing success! congrats to the gabit team, team sanctuary and the fans for all the love and effort!
                                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Working...
                                X