No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to Samanda MidwifeOnBoard!! How cool that you're a midwife. I gave birth 2 weeks ago

Thank you RdeRoch for sharing the pictures! I love the ones from the auction, it looks like so much fun!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Great pictures! Thank you for sharing.
      Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
      Hey everyone,

Welcome to the thread!!

They are wonderful!! Thanks for sharing them.

Julia(samcarterrules)
      Originally posted by katjoy View Post
      thanks rocky...

i love amandas excitement about being back at work!

welcome to samanda!

great pix, thanks for sharing!
      Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      Welcome to Samanda MidwifeOnBoard!! How cool that you're a midwife. I gave birth 2 weeks ago

Thank you RdeRoch for sharing the pictures! I love the ones from the auction, it looks like so much fun!
      You're all welcome.

Yes, the auction was hilarious. It's really hard to take pictures when you're laughing. And they all move around so much. Had to delete many pics because they were just people shaped blurs.
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
        Happy viewing folks! Finally got my pictures up from TSE.

Meet and Greet
        So was the meet and greet like having a team come out at the start of a game? Or a receiving line?

looks like people had a good time. looking forward to some reports.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          So was the meet and greet like having a team come out at the start of a game? Or a receiving line?

looks like people had a good time. looking forward to some reports.
          Like a team hitting the field. Then they spread out across the room. Hoping to have time to put some thoughts down this weekend.
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            Welcome on board!

suse
            Thanks so much Suse!

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
            Being with a mama during her labor and catching her baby is one of the most rewarding experiences in life, IMO. Congrats on your new baby! Enjoy your babymoon!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Just woke up from my post-call sleep. I'm looking forward to participating more.
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Like a team hitting the field. Then they spread out across the room. Hoping to have time to put some thoughts down this weekend.
              Cool. And highly appropriate b/c they do seem to be Team Sanctuary!

Thought for discussion: I was watching an Atlantis episode recently where someone said to Carter "I read that you were once taken over by an entity" I think that was one of the only references after the fact to that. She seemed pretty uncomfortable that it was brought up. (Janet mentioned it in Ascension, I think.)

We saw in early episodes that Sam wants to appear the "strong soldier". But do you think she talked about it with Janet? The team? MacKensie?

Comment

We saw in early episodes that Sam wants to appear the "strong soldier". But do you think she talked about it with Janet? The team? MacKensie?
                Probably with Janet. I saw them as best friends/confidantes-- both being high-ranking women, it couldn't be too easy. I can totally see them sitting around the island in the kitchen with a bottle of wine and talking tangentially about anything and everything.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                  Thanks!
                  youre welcome im sure youll love it here!

You're all welcome.

Yes, the auction was hilarious. It's really hard to take pictures when you're laughing. And they all move around so much. Had to delete many pics because they were just people shaped blurs.
                  the auction looked like a hoot!

haha, sounds like many of my photos after conventions and concerts - people shaped blurs...

Thought for discussion: I was watching an Atlantis episode recently where someone said to Carter "I read that you were once taken over by an entity" I think that was one of the only references after the fact to that. She seemed pretty uncomfortable that it was brought up. (Janet mentioned it in Ascension, I think.)

agreed to the bold part...

i reckon she would talk with janet... i can see those two sharing confidences and talking about nothing in particular as well...
                  Last edited by katjoy; 06 August 2010, 04:36 PM.
                  "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

From the GW homepage:

Sanctuary Experience raises over $90,000 for charity

'This year marked the first ever for The Sanctuary Experience, a fan convention held in Vancouver by the cast and crew of the Syfy Channel series Sanctuary. Sci-fi fans are no strangers to conventions, but this event was unique as it was also a fundraiser. Stargate alums Amanda Tapping and Damian Kindler (former Stargate SG1 writer and Sanctuary creator) have been working alongside teacher and social worker Jill Bodie to raise money for their charitable organization Sanctuary for Kids.

Tapping, who was hoping to raise $25,000 over the course of the convention, was awed by the success that they found with this event. “Having attended conventions and auctions in the past, I have seen the incredible power of fandom firsthand,” Tapping says. “A small group of dedicated fans with their grace and generosity reaffirmed my faith and respect. I knew fans were amazing, but this completely blew me away!”'

GO Sanctuary fans!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                      From the GW homepage:

Sanctuary Experience raises over $90,000 for charity

'This year marked the first ever for The Sanctuary Experience, a fan convention held in Vancouver by the cast and crew of the Syfy Channel series Sanctuary. Sci-fi fans are no strangers to conventions, but this event was unique as it was also a fundraiser. Stargate alums Amanda Tapping and Damian Kindler (former Stargate SG1 writer and Sanctuary creator) have been working alongside teacher and social worker Jill Bodie to raise money for their charitable organization Sanctuary for Kids.

Tapping, who was hoping to raise $25,000 over the course of the convention, was awed by the success that they found with this event. “Having attended conventions and auctions in the past, I have seen the incredible power of fandom firsthand,” Tapping says. “A small group of dedicated fans with their grace and generosity reaffirmed my faith and respect. I knew fans were amazing, but this completely blew me away!”'

GO Sanctuary fans!!!
                      Wow!!That's awsome!!Yeah!!
                      sigpic
                      (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Thank you so much for these! Wonderful for those of us who couldn't be there.

Comment

Sanctuary soon...yey!!!!!!
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:
                          President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                          President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                          Forum Charmer
                          Forum Ambassador
                          Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                          VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                          VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                            I second that.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                              Probably with Janet. I saw them as best friends/confidantes-- both being high-ranking women, it couldn't be too easy. I can totally see them sitting around the island in the kitchen with a bottle of wine and talking tangentially about anything and everything.
                              I definitely agree with this. I can't see her talking with McKenzie, though, about anything unless she was forced to or ordered to and she didn't have a choice in the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                                Woo!

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                I definitely agree with this. I can't see her talking with McKenzie, though, about anything unless she was forced to or ordered to and she didn't have a choice in the matter.
                                Remind me again who that is? I can't seem to place the character. :-o
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X