Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    While Mandy and Jan battle it out, rderoch sneaks in under the wire and grabs Jack.

That's what you call a great timing!!
    sigpic

Comment

Another really nice photo from the "Tacos for Trey" event.

Photo by Michele Tittler

Comment

Thanks Mandy and Jan for my morning laugh.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
        *grabs her own bag of popcorn and joins chrono*

This pic reminds me of something that I really admired about AT on the show, the effort she put into carrying guns properly with her index finger off the trigger and extended like that and bracing the gun against her shoulder. I think she mentioned in an interview that she talked to a Navy SEAL before the series started and it looked like she followed what he taught her, she always came across as very believable as a soldier.
        In Thomisina Gibson's book about Seasons 1-5 there is a story on the episode where they had the young recruits and AT said she kept correcting the guest stars on that point and how one always lowers the gun if someone walks in front of you. Then she joked about how she was taking things too seriously.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1720/864341167qky7kx3.th.jpg

Photo by Michele Tittler

That's really sweet!! Thanks for sharing!!
          sigpic

Comment

This pic reminds me of something that I really admired about AT on the show, the effort she put into carrying guns properly with her index finger off the trigger and extended like that and bracing the gun against her shoulder. I think she mentioned in an interview that she talked to a Navy SEAL before the series started and it looked like she followed what he taught her, she always came across as very believable as a soldier.
            Originally posted by katjoy View Post
            i really admire that AT researches her roles and really understands what she is doing and becomes the role convincingly...
            Well said you two, to this day I'm still impressed on how much Amanda researched being an air force officer, even the little things showed on screen. Sam with Helen, she researched her and learned how to do the accent and all that.

While Mandy and Jan battle it out, rderoch sneaks in under the wire and grabs Jack.
            Speaking of battle, where's EH-T?...

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            Thanks Mandy and Jan for my morning laugh.
            Oh there she is.

In Thomisina Gibson's book about Seasons 1-5 there is a story on the episode where they had the young recruits and AT said she kept correcting the guest stars on that point and how one always lowers the gun if someone walks in front of you. Then she joked about how she was taking things too seriously.
            Good story.

Photo by Michele Tittler
            Aww, thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
              Thanks! Hope we will see a little bit more of Sam this time.. I miss her, too!
              Sadly that wasn't Sam, it looked more like Helen

Comment

Photo by Michele Tittler
                So cute
                Last edited by Skydiver; 13 May 2010, 04:38 PM.

Comment

yes. after I had read something like that about keeping your finger away from the trigger I really paid attention to how she handled her guns. I recently noticed in Desperate Measures how when Sam has the gun pointed at Conrad, her finger is resting lightly ON the trigger. You know she means business.

I saw a program once about training SWAT teams or something and it talked about that and also how when going into a room each person has a designated area of the room to scan. I think SG1 deploys pretty well in line with with those rules.

Love the Mandy & JanSam polar bear "rumble." OF course while you two were fighting over Jack, I sneaked in and got him for myself.

Comment

Photo by Michele Tittler
                    obviously AT posed for it, but where was this photo posted? In other words, was it released by her or someone else? We have the rule about no photos of the actors kids unless it's released by an official site.

anyone know the background of the event and if this was posted anywhere else but this person's image shack?
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Photo by Michele Tittler

i wonder if this is olivia with amanda?
                      Last edited by Skydiver; 13 May 2010, 04:38 PM.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

i wonder if this is olivia with amanda?
                        Wondered that, too.. It looks like it.

I don't know where the picture is coming from though.

Edit: Found the picture. Tacos for Trey was an event for MPS II (Hunter Syndrome) I guess. On the official website of the Tacos for Trey "iniator" you could say I guess, is a link to the T4T album of Michele Tittler, the professional photographer who took the pictures at the event. In that album is Amanda's pic as well. So I guess she posed for it, knowing it was "the" photographer of the event who took the pic and knowing it might be published on the T4T website.
                        Last edited by Andy; 13 May 2010, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that, that's so cool of AT. I remember reading or hearing about another occasion where AT helped a background performer playing a soldier for the first time how to properly clear a room. She may joke about taking things too seriously, but it's details like that that really helped make the show seem so real, even when so much of it was rather out there. And esp when it comes to gun safety, better to take it too serious than be flippant IMO.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          obviously AT posed for it, but where was this photo posted? In other words, was it released by her or someone else? We have the rule about no photos of the actors kids unless it's released by an official site.

anyone know the background of the event and if this was posted anywhere else but this person's image shack?
                          Not sure if this will help, but I googled 'Tacos for Trey' when I first heard of the event and it looks like that photo is among many that were posted to the blog of the main website for the research for MPS II cause: http://treypurcellcom.nationprotect....12/t4t-photos/.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            Love the Mandy & JanSam polar bear "rumble." OF course while you two were fighting over Jack, I sneaked in and got him for myself.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                              http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/403/johnfe.th.jpg
                              Be careful of what you ask for
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

The photo seems to be okay, unless we hear otherwise.

it was posed for with the official photographer and released on a site about the event, not a fan site.

If i hear otherwise from folks, we'll deal with it. I just wouldn't exactly go nuts cross posting it to high heaven.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X